Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Next Great College QB

Go down 
+5
MMAEYES
GDPofDRC
Ludo
jewzilla
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

The Next Great College QB - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am

I'm so mad that he isn't a buckeye, Braxtons a sweet runner but the dude can't throw for shit, and I can't believe Texas didn't go after him.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

I mean it's gotta hurt Texas to hear the kid talk about how it was his dream to QB for them, their scouts must be in some deep shit.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Mack brown wanted him as a Safety. In Mack's defense he could likely be one hell of a Safety.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 pm

last chanc to watch JFF in action in 2012 tonight a 6 central on ESPN2. Tonight he breaks Cams total offense record (in 2less games) and should eclipse 40 TDs.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Yo farmer, I have never been one to judge college QBs talent when it comes to going pro. What do you think about manziel in the nfl?

I am someone that thought Vince young would be a top QB right now so I have poor judgement.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't think manziels current style if play will translate at all. His passing will continue to improve.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm

JFF is now an official Heisman Finalist.

Vegas has him at -500.

Most straw polls has him running away with it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
JFF is now an official Heisman Finalist.

Vegas has him at -500.

Most straw polls has him running away with it.
I think he will win, but it should be fairly close with him being a Freshman.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:46 am

He will def win and he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Johnny Football wins the Davey O' Brien Award for College's Best QB.

The Next Great College QB - Page 5 A9eTd9iCIAE-Lum
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Walter Camp All American
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 am

What what I'm hearing it will come down to will more voters not vote for Johnny cause he is a freshman or will more voters not vote for Te'o cause he is a defensive player.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 am

That pisses me off it's not Johnys fault he was redshirted, and even tho I hate him I don't know anybody who tries to say Charles Woodson didn't deserve the award and I think Te'o is having that kind of impact for his team so WTF people??
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

MMAEYES wrote:
That pisses me off it's not Johnys fault he was redshirted, and even tho I hate him I don't know anybody who tries to say Charles Woodson didn't deserve the award and I think Te'o is having that kind of impact for his team so WTF people??
Adrian Peterson suffered from being a Freshman. But at that time no underclassman had ever won. So atleast for Johnny, an underclassman has won since then. Also Woodson wasn't exclusive defense, he was a damn good returner and I think he got a couple snaps at WR. That's just how it is for the Heisman. Stubborn old fucks that do the voting.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 am

Peterson would have won if it wasn't for White splitting the vote.

Also JFF is going to win the Heisman. It is going to happen without a doubt in my mind. It will not be close. Anyone that disagrees ill gladly make a sig bet with with -10 odds (10 weeks for me, 1 week for you).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am

JF should win, but if he was a sophomore instead of a freshman then it wouldn't even be a question IMO. But some voters will still be gun shy to vote for either Te'o or JF. That could allow someone like Colin Klein to be closer then they should be.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Peterson would have won if it wasn't for White splitting the vote.

Also JFF is going to win the Heisman. It is going to happen without a doubt in my mind. It will not be close. Anyone that disagrees ill gladly make a sig bet with with -10 odds (10 weeks for me, 1 week for you).
IMO the underclassmen bias was more of a factor. That was the overwhelming impression at the time. But IMO JF is a more clear winner then AD was. But both are/were deserving.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:23 pm

@MKimESPN: Johnny Manziel just said on @Sportscenter that he has resisted sharing info about Bama with Manti Te'o out of respect, loyalty to the #SEC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm

http://twitpic.com/bk77sa

Goto SI.com

Very nice marketing move by A&M.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm

I'll think of the kids name some time but last night this lil kid was doing bowl pickems and explaining different things. Sharp kid too. He said johnny Football is the nest college qb he has ever seen. Vanetti was like, oh in your few years of watching and the kid said, I've watched more tape on teams from the past then you have live games. I lol. You just had to be there. He even broke down Florida's offense with two qb's and said listen up coach strong, this is how you stop that play, lmao. Awesome kid!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 am

The Next Great College QB - Page 5 A9pRupSCcAIL-c9
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 am

Admit it, it was closer then you thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:04 pm

He won 5/6 regions and only list the Midwest by o e 1st place vote/Teo off the ballot. Only 2 people received more points in the last 11 years than him. It wasn't close at all.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm

I didn't know that Mark Ingram was younger then Johnny when he won.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Great College QB   The Next Great College QB - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Great College QB
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next