Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun Empty
PostSubject: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/6/3224390/antonio-rogerio-nogueira-would-like-to-coach-tuf-brazil-2-against
After Mauricio "Shogun" Rua picked up a win over Brandon Vera at UFC on Fox 4 on Saturday, he was not granted the UFC light heavyweight title shot he had hoped for. So the big question was simple - what's next for Shogun? The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 2 will be kicking off soon, and it was all but confirmed that Shogun was going to be a coach on the show against Lyoto Machida before this recent light heavyweight kerfuffle. Since that's clearly out the window now with Machida getting a title shot, who could coach against Rua?

Enter Lil' Nog.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira recently did an interview with Tatame where he stated that he'd really like that spot:

"I would love to, it’d be awesome… A dream."

Shogun and Lil Nog engaged in one of the best MMA fights ever in Pride a few years ago, and Nog likes the idea of the rematch:

"It would be very good to me and it would be a rematch of 2005's fight, which is something people wanna see. If I have a chance to coach the guys at TUF and also fight him, it would be amazing."

Nogueira helped out his brother Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira when he coached TUF 8, and thinks Big Nog got a lot out of it:

"Rodrigo learned a lot from TUF. He learned more about being a coach and how to make the team united and gathered. On the United States he's seen by many as the best coach the show ever had and he got even more famous after the show."

If they're going to stick to their guns and make Shogun a coach, there aren't really any other options. I guess Glover Teixeira might be a possibility, but it'd be unlikely.. Shogun famously turned down a fight with Glover, but if Teizeira can beat Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 153 it might change Rua's opinion a bit. Still though, it seems pretty clear that Shogun and Nogueira would be great choices to coach.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Wait, guys are actually volunteering to become lame?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Wait, guys are actually volunteering to become lame?
Would you want to see lil Nog vs Shogun 2? Just pretend the show doesn't exist and enjoy the fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

I buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Make it happen.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/8/3227037/murilo-rua-removed-from-mauricio-shogun-corner-camp-before-ufc-on-fox-4-mma-news
Quote :
I was not there [in the corner] because I had a problem with Dida’s coaching in Mauricio’s last fight [against Dan Henderson]. Then he came to me and said I would not be training with my brother, so I thought it best to follow my path. Now I'm just his brother, I do not do any training with him.

I did not like how he was leading the preparation of Mauritius for the fight against Dan Henderson. I may err, but I'm his brother and I'm always with him. I did not like the things [Dida] spoke and did. But now I'm training at another gym, happy, and on my way in search of other achievements and opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun   Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun Empty

Back to top Go down

Lil Nog wants to coach TUF against Shogun
Page 1 of 1