Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman

Go down 
+5
jewzilla
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Herb wasn't restricting Fedor's movements either though. In fact he didn't even step in fully until Fedor was already rolling toward Dan again(putting himself in side control which is why I say he's rolling the wrong direction when rolling the other way would have put him in guard or at least half guard).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Ludo wrote:
Herb wasn't restricting Fedor's movements either though. In fact he didn't even step in fully until Fedor was already rolling toward Dan again(putting himself in side control which is why I say he's rolling the wrong direction when rolling the other way would have put him in guard or at least half guard).
He was clearly on top of Fedor while Dan was still punching on adrenaline next to him. You can see it good in that gif bobbit posted on the stoppage thread. Herb is standing over Fedor and next to Dan while Dan throws in a couple more punches. Fedor is awake at that point. I for one do not think Fedor would have been put out if the fight would have went on.

Last edited by OU on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 Il04CG

Please

he's standing over Fedor but he's not in Fedor's way. He stays about a pace away which gives Fedor room to roll to that side. It's not until he sees Fedor rolling to the wrong side that he actually steps in to stop the fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Fedor reacted to Herb before Dan did. He wasn't just wondering who he was IMO. I think he was aware of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:26 pm

That's because when he turned he could see Herb, Fedor was facing upward and saw Herb. Dan is looking down at Fedor and he's probably not very worried about the ref at that point. Biggest win of his career and all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Seen it 100 times, still think Fedor would have continued fighting if the ref didn't step in. I was rooting for Hendo, but I think we were denied the proper ending.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Ludo wrote:
That's because when he turned he could see Herb, Fedor was facing upward and saw Herb. Dan is looking down at Fedor and he's probably not very worried about the ref at that point. Biggest win of his career and all.
Doesn't change the fact that Fedor noticed the stoppage before Dan. Dan was throwing punches while Fedor was under the impression the fight was stopped, which is why he didn't even attempt to defend the shots. I think Fedor could have continued the fight if Herb let it go.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

I wish that fight went on, but the stoppage was just.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I wish that fight went on, but the stoppage was just.
IF the fight would have went on. What do you think would have happened? Most important question is would Dan have put Fedor out in that sequence?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 pm

I think what was most likely to happen is Fedor would of been KO'd again about a half or full second later. Hendo was fresh and strong and in a position to truly wreck Fedor in a terrible way, but with those two, you never know.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think what was most likely to happen is Fedor would of been KO'd again about a half or full second later. Hendo was fresh and strong and in a position to truly wreck Fedor in a terrible way, but with those two, you never know.
I strongly disagree that Fedor would have been put back out. Don't see that at all. But others seem to.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

That's pretty common, I mean how many times do you think Munoz got KO'd after getting KO dropped by Weidman? I'd say he was KO'd at least three or four times by 8 punches. Hendo was in the perfect position to do something similar.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That's pretty common, I mean how many times do you think Munoz got KO'd after getting KO dropped by Weidman? I'd say he was KO'd at least three or four times by 8 punches. Hendo was in the perfect position to do something similar.
I don't see that as the same thing. Hell they were in completely different positions and frames on mind by the time the 2nd and 3rd punches landed. Munoz would have died if the ref didn't step in. Fedor appeared to be getting his shit together IMO.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

The last punch Hendo threw woke him up, Herb had stepped in. If Herb didn't it would be like this I think

Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 358ryu
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm

The last punch? The last 2 or 3 punches came with Herb sitting on Fedor and next to Dan and Fedor wide awake. The 2nd punch woke him up. He never lights didn't even flicker after that. Dan even got in a couple after the fight was stopped.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Fedor got fugged up and the stoppage was fine imo.

End of thread.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Those bouts are all fine and dandy, but according to one of Silva's managers, Jorge Guimaraes, all of those challenges and claims are meaningless because he feels there is only one fight which makes sense for his client -- a showdown with the promotion's welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre.

Check out his comments to Tatame, after the jump:

Quote :

"That's a big joke. Everybody saw that it worked for Chael, and he got really famous with that, and now everybody wants to be on the spotlight. No opponent makes sense for Anderson at this moment. Unless we do a catchweight against Georges St. Pierre. They didn't offer the fight, but he's the only one that could do a super fight. Anderson has the biggest paycheck in the UFC, and you can't promote an event with these amateur kids that are coming up now."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I hate Spiders camp more then I hate him. So damn annoying. You aren't fighting names and hype. You fight the people that earn their title shots by winning fights. STFU and fight all worthy challengers.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

Fear Weidman!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

I guess Weidman needs to come out and say Anderson Silva is scared and the United States should bomb Brazil. He has to really douche it up, then he would be guaranteed a title shot. Everyone knows that what you do inside the cage is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:31 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29906/silva-manager-likes-third-fight-with-franklin-but-gsp-leading-candidate-for-ufc-champ.mma
Quote :
"At the end of the day, it's difficult to find an opponent that can fight Anderson," manager Ed Soares told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "There's not a ton of them out there."

"I don't think any opponent in that category is a joke," Soares said. "I just think that some of his opponents just aren't as attractive. When I look at Weidman, I think he's a very talented guy. He's got a bright future. But when I look at it, he's 9-0. Anderson has got double the wins he has in his career in the UFC. So I just don't see the value of being able to fight a guy like this right now. That's my opinion."

"The only guy that Rich Franklin has ever lost to at 185 pounds is Anderson," Soares said. "So when you look at the 185-pound division, he's definitely up in the mix as far as a contender. I think [Silva would] be interested in fighting Franklin again, just simply because he respects Rich a lot, and he feels that Rich was the guy that gave him the opportunity to fight for the belt."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Ace vs Anderson
Weidman vs Timmy-for next shot

Belcher vs Vitor
Bisping vs Stann- winners fight for the next shot.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 pm

I hope Ace never has to be in the same room as the spider, especially in a locked cage! You're crazy to even suggest that
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

I like the idea of having a mini tourno, in the meantime Silva can face Rashad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman    Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva's camp wants to fight Luke Rockhold, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3