Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?

Go down 
2 posters

Who you got?
Jon Jones
Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_lcap0%Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Anderson Silva
Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_lcap0%Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GSP
 0% [ 0 ]
Jose Aldo
Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_lcap80%Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Dominick Cruz
 0% [ 0 ]
Rashad Evans
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_lcap20%Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Empty
PostSubject: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 am

Who you got?
Back to top Go down

Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 am

I went Aldo. Can't see him wasting his time with scrubs when he could become a much bigger star at 155.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am

Jose Aldo is probably the only guy I would want to move weight classes. He is already as big as some LWs right now anyways. Had difficult making weight in the past, expressed interest in going to LW eventually. Still young so eventually you would figure he will be a LW. But where is Frankie Edgar on here? He could very well drop weight eventually. Especially if he loses to Bendo again.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

Edgar has a chance to win the belt ONLY IF Aldo ends up moving up... in that case I'd have Edgar, I think Aldo could lose to a bigger LW with great wrestling... cough Bendo cough
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Edgar has a chance to win the belt ONLY IF Aldo ends up moving up... in that case I'd have Edgar, I think Aldo could lose to a bigger LW with great wrestling... cough Bendo cough
Edgar can't beat Aldo? I'd still like to see it. I wouldn't count him out completely.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Edgar can't beat Aldo? I'd still like to see it. I wouldn't count him out completely.

Edgars main strength is speed, followed by heart, but mostly speed! Aldo is arguably the fastest fighter out there, I just think it would be a bad match up for him... IDK, im running on lil sleep tho lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Edgars main strength is speed, followed by heart, but mostly speed! Aldo is arguably the fastest fighter out there, I just think it would be a bad match up for him... IDK, im running on lil sleep tho lol
Aldo has gassed in the past and he has been put on his back by guys with inferior wrestling to Edgar. Edgar has shown the ability to take a hard shot and rebound. Who knows what will happen if he can take Aldo deep in the fight. Frankie has an amazing gas tank and keeps an amazing pace. Combine that with his chin and heart and you can't count the man out IMO.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Aldo has gassed in the past and he has been put on his back by guys with inferior wrestling to Edgar. Edgar has shown the ability to take a hard shot and rebound. Who knows what will happen if he can take Aldo deep in the fight. Frankie has an amazing gas tank and keeps an amazing pace. Combine that with his chin and heart and you can't count the man out IMO.

His amazing gas tank comes in park due to the fact that he doesn't cut any to make LW... it would be a lot harder to keep pace at 145 IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

He has said a cut to 145 would be fairly easy. I doubt it would be more difficult then most fighters weight cut and I think Frankie would still have his cardio. No way to know for sure until he does it but I don't think the cut would be a problem for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 am

Frankie wont move down. I think he sees it as running away.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 am

freakzilla wrote:
Frankie wont move down. I think he sees it as running away.
If he loses to Bendo and finds himself at the back of a long line while at the same time Dana said he would be in a very very short line if he were to drop down, then what would he do? Everything changes obviously if he beats Bendo. But if he loses he would be officially 1-2-1 in his last 4 LW title fights and will be years away from another shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:43 am

Aldo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?   Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which fighter will be the next to have held titles in 2 divisions in the UFC?
Page 1 of 1