Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silva is pissed

Go down 
+3
jewzilla
josh200612
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Silva is pissed Ibu1pxwqaRzKKW

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:21 pm

hook line sinker
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

LOL what a pussy!
Back to top Go down

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

josh200612 wrote:
LOL what a pussy!

I know Chael did look like such a pussy.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 pm

So Chael wins battle number 1. Get inside Andersons head.

Side Notes:

Chael didnt give one single fuck.

Also Chael is awesome but why must he dress like Rexkwondo from Napoleon Dynamite.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 pm

this is going to get ugly though

At the end of the day...Chael Sonnen is an ordinary fighter with an ordinary record and typically ordinary performance who had his best shot against an injured and complacent Anderson Silva and blew it...a lot of people are going to feel very foolish Sunday morning.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Ali wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
LOL what a pussy!

I know Chael did look like such a pussy.

Silva is getting his jimmies rustled.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Sometimes "making somebody mad" works...but not when that person is a much better fighter, then you are just making it hard on yourself.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I am predicting Silva to win, but I am not rootingfor him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

At the end of the day...Chael Sonnen is an ordinary fighter with an ordinary record and typically ordinary performance who had his best shot against an injured and complacent Anderson Silva and blew it...a lot of people are going to feel very foolish Sunday morning.

I wouldn't say he's made typically ordinary performances. Who have we seen that held Bisping down the way he did when he got him down? Who have we seen hold Marquardt down like we saw him do? Nobody since Anderson became the Anderson we know today has ever done to him what Sonnen did except maybe Daiju Takase.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Sometimes "making somebody mad" works...but not when that person is a much better fighter, then you are just making it hard on yourself.

This could absolutely work in Sonnen's favor. Usually it's Anderson getting into someone else's head, keeping his cool and just doing his thing regardless of who they are and what they do, etc etc etc. This time he's been taken off his usual game. Whether that's good or bad for Sonnen we don't know just yet.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 am

didnt he do something similar to Belfort who's "disrespect" was fairly mild compared to Chael?

Spider does not have a steady modus operandi when it comes to his conduct. He's been fairly unpredictable with his actions before and during fights. I just don't think him posturing is anything new for him. We've seen everything from classy anderson, complacent anderson, pissed off anderson, to flat out disrespectul dancing clown anderson.

If Anderson has been "gotten to"...i think Anderson is one of those guys that you don't want to piss off. I think he wrote Chael off in the first fight(as everybody did) and i think he rolled with the "he's just promoting the fight" stuff the first time. When Spider starts talking like a graphic novel, something tells me he knows something that a legion of fish who bit on to the hook Chael cased out don't know...it's gonna be ugly.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:58 am

Ludo wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I wouldn't say he's made typically ordinary performances. Who have we seen that held Bisping down the way he did when he got him down? Who have we seen hold Marquardt down like we saw him do? Nobody since Anderson became the Anderson we know today has ever done to him what Sonnen did except maybe Daiju Takase.

I don't think he controlled Bisping for a great duration and he even spent some time with his back against the cage in that fight. Hell..Mayhem and Kang kept Bisping down and controlled him for a duration. It's been awhile, but i would say both Evans and Hamill did a better job at controlling Bisping as well..in my eyes, Chael had a very difficult time controlling Bisping and was even outmuscled in the clinch a few times. I thought Bisping took that fight 29-28 and was very surprised on how incredibly undominant Sonnen's wrestling was compared to his other bouts(against tough wrestlers too)

Marquardt and Okami were strong performances by Chael, but they are good matchups for him..i'll even throw in Dan Miller as a good win for Chael because of Dan's style....but even with Marquardt...he nearly blew the whole fuckin fight and at the time career performance because he can't defend an agressive submission attack.

Maybe ordinary is unfair..he's better than average but i don't view him as next level. Just like we harp on guys who will more than likely always lose when faced with a particular style..Chael has almost always failed to beat better than average submission fighters that he can't outstrike and has to take to the ground in order to have a chance.

Anderson was very passive with zero urgency off his back in the first fight. Just looking to do damage off the back with elbows and trying to get the fight back up or stall for a stand up..rather than expose Chael. I think it says a whole lot about this matchup that a "beaten down" and "defeated" Anderson Silva was able to choke this guy out at the exact point he had to get agressive and go for the finish. It was almost like he could have done it the entire fuckin time.

We'll just have to see...i expect another submission..maybe another by triangle..i do expect it much earlier.

I can say one thing for sure...no way this fight lives up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:31 am

Chael is officially in Silva's head.

Now lets see what that means.....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 am

Chael's head is notably smaller since he's gotten off the juice
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
didnt he do something similar to Belfort who's "disrespect" was fairly mild compared to Chael?

Spider does not have a steady modus operandi when it comes to his conduct. He's been fairly unpredictable with his actions before and during fights. I just don't think him posturing is anything new for him. We've seen everything from classy anderson, complacent anderson, pissed off anderson, to flat out disrespectul dancing clown anderson.

If Anderson has been "gotten to"...i think Anderson is one of those guys that you don't want to piss off. I think he wrote Chael off in the first fight(as everybody did) and i think he rolled with the "he's just promoting the fight" stuff the first time. When Spider starts talking like a graphic novel, something tells me he knows something that a legion of fish who bit on to the hook Chael cased out don't know...it's gonna be ugly.

He wore a blank mask against Belfort, and apparently that was something in reference to Belfort's missing sister, at least that's what I was reading at the time. He also didn't appear outwardly aggressive or confrontational with Vitor. He just stood there with the mask on. While Silva may not have a standard operating procedure in overall behavior, he has always been fairly passive in stare downs. Keep in mind this wasn't even the official staredown done immediately following weigh ins. This was just some Q&A press conference.

I doubt advertising to fans has anything to do with this. Anderson has never given a single shit about hyping fights(hence the in cage antics against Maia and Leites). I think the fact that Chael has been running around now with fake belts and saying he won that fight, and the fact that many people are actually agreeing with him on some level has given Anderson a cause for concern.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 am

Ludo wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

He wore a blank mask against Belfort, and apparently that was something in reference to Belfort's missing sister, at least that's what I was reading at the time. He also didn't appear outwardly aggressive or confrontational with Vitor. He just stood there with the mask on. While Silva may not have a standard operating procedure in overall behavior, he has always been fairly passive in stare downs. Keep in mind this wasn't even the official staredown done immediately following weigh ins. This was just some Q&A press conference.

I doubt advertising to fans has anything to do with this. Anderson has never given a single shit about hyping fights(hence the in cage antics against Maia and Leites). I think the fact that Chael has been running around now with fake belts and saying he won that fight, and the fact that many people are actually agreeing with him on some level has given Anderson a cause for concern.

I don't think it had anything to do with Vitor's sister. If I remember correctly he was calling Andy 2 faced and that he wears masks to be a tough guy then one to be whatever else so Andy showed up with a real mask.
Back to top Go down

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 am

Ludo wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This could absolutely work in Sonnen's favor. Usually it's Anderson getting into someone else's head, keeping his cool and just doing his thing regardless of who they are and what they do, etc etc etc. This time he's been taken off his usual game. Whether that's good or bad for Sonnen we don't know just yet.

I agree. An angry Silva could just make him sloppy and wreckless going full throttle to punish Chael, Sonnen was able to catch a calm Silva with his boxing multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silva is pissed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva is pissed   Silva is pissed Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva is pissed
Page 1 of 1