Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I really hope Spider comes out pissed.

Go down 
+2
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

I really hope Spider comes out pissed. Empty
PostSubject: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Really looking to hurt Sonnen.

It sucks that it has gotten to the point where we have to hope for such things from maybe the most talented guy in the sport, but here we are.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:20 pm

I hope he fucks up and Sonnen plants his ass into the mat and beats the shit out of him. I am tired of Spider and Ed Soar-ass.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm

I think by the Sunday, we will be throwing Sonnen onto the heap of fighters who had no business being in the ring with Spider.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 pm

I donno about that. Purely stylewise this will be an ugly fight for Silva unless he really is a guard wizard. Anderson Silva will never be able to stop his takedowns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:01 pm

I think Spider will look like a guard wizard with Sonnen. I'm just far too concerned with Sonnen's inability to cure his submissionproneitis throughout his career. I mean, he came mighty close to blowing that Marquardt fight he otherwise dominated by getting caught in a guillotine. His blood probably greased up Nate's hold, he was mighty close to sleeping. Silva is not high level BJJ or anything..and he knows guys like Maia and Thales on different levels but his BJJ has impressed with guys like Lutter and probably more important regarding the Sonnen fight, Dan Henderson.

If Maia or Leites came in with Sonnens ability to get the fight to the mat then those fights would have been very very dangerous for Spider. I just don't see how Sonnen would finish Spider and i don't see it going all 5 rounds if it's purely a grappling fight like Sonnen wants it to be..if it's not that for 5 rounds then Sonnen is somewhere he does not want to be.

Anderson should not come in there all pissed and primed to let it all go from the start because Sonnen talks shit. There is the possibilty it can be like the Patricio Pitbull-Joe Warren fight on Bellator a few weeks ago where Friere stuffed all his takedowns with ease, took Joe Warren down, pounded him and put a choke on him but apparently blew his load in the first round. Stylistcally, this is a similar matchup...We know Sonnen won't finish easy and we know Spider is not exactly fuel efficient. If Spider gets tired and Sonnen has him on his back..then Spider might be in a world of shit but Anderson Silva is a guy who picks his spots and he knows that Sonnen is a guy who will leave many openings to finish the fight whether it's shooting for a takedown, getting in the clinch or being in Anderson's guard while on the end, Sonnen has a very very slim chance of finishing Anderson.

Spider does not need to come out pissed. Sonnen promises to bring the fight to him. We know Spider brings the fight when it's brought to it. Like Franklin, Henderson, Marquardt, and Griffin. Then everybody will love him again until next time he spends his time in the cage busting a move.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Something tells Me Anderson is sleeping on Sonnen. I realize he doesn't want to get into the smack talk with anyone but he just seems to lackluster these days. He seems like he's bored and if thats the case we could see a very grueling fight for him. Sonnen will not sit back refusing to engage, that much we do know. I just get the feeling that alot of people including Anderson are still sleeping on Chael Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I donno about that. Purely stylewise this will be an ugly fight for Silva unless he really is a guard wizard. Anderson Silva will never be able to stop his takedowns.

shit chael took maja down at will and maja couldnt get spider down for shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really hope Spider comes out pissed.   I really hope Spider comes out pissed. Empty

Back to top Go down

I really hope Spider comes out pissed.
Page 1 of 1