Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
NoRegret
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Gotta say it was one of the best weekends of my life. I had a blast down in Columbus for this!

Got to see some great bands play, and some really awesome shows.

Anybody else go by any chance?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:44 am

I was considering but the last time I was there a few years ago the sound sucked and I just saw almost every act that I care about recently or am going to see them soon
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:30 am

who played?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:04 am

100% modern queercore(fivefinger, shinedown etc), mixed with a little bit of family values era mallcore(manson, incubus), topped off with the fruity half of of the Big Four(megadeth, metallica)

Down is the only good band on the entire bill. One of the worst line ups of music I'd ever seen. 12 year old girl rock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:44 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
who played?

The only people I had an interest in were Incubus, Manson, Megadeth, Mastodon, Chevelle and Anthrax and I've seen all of them within the last year except Manson who I'll see on tour for this new album
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Im taking it, that wolf didn't get to go and was butthurt about it. Telldatroof homie!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm

The lineup was as follows:

Incubus, Rob Zombie, Shinedown, Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, Slash, Megadeth, Chevelle, Trivium, Anthrax, Mastadon, Cypress Hill, Theory of A Deadman, Volbeat, Down, The Darkness, Halestorm, Escape the Fate, P.O.D., Lacuna Coil, Adelitas Way, Black Stone Cherry, Cavo, Attack Attack!, Bobaflex, Falling in Reverse, In This Moment, Redlight King, Aranda, Emphatic, Otherwise, James Durbin, New Medicine, Kyng, 12 stones, Soil, Rival Sins, Eve to Adam, Ghosts of August, Hairball, Foxy Shazam, Black Tide, and an AC/DC tribute.

I personally saw Rob Zombie, Shinedown, Manson, FFDP, Slash, Megadeth, Chevelle, Trivium, Anthrax, Mastadon, Theory of a Deadman, Volbeat, Down, Halestorm, Escape the Fate, P.O.D., Adelita's Way, Black Stone Cherry, Attack Attack!, and Falling in Reverse.

It was an awesome time, Rob Zombie put on an awesome set with all kinds of effects, Manson did better than I thought he would, given the rumors I had heard about his live shows not being very good. Shinedown was actually really good, and FFDP was absolute mayhem the entire time they played. They did an awesome live show, I was really impressed with them.

Chevelle was really kick ass too, but I got my eye sliced open moshing to them lol, and Trivium by far had the most intense mosh pits. I had an absolute blast with them.

The rest of the bands were ok, Falling in Reverse put on a good show, and Attack Attack! put on a better show than I thought they would, didnt know they were local either.

And then also Escape the Fate's "wall of death" we did was pretty intense.

All in all it was a great time and I had a blast. I hope they do improve the lineup next year though!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Megadeth had some amazing guitar work too
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Glad you had a good time man

Not sure who you were talking too about Manson, he's pretty known to have an extremely entertaining live show whether you like him or not although his shows have been toned down in recent years
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah, Manson was funny as hell, and the place was going absolutely nuts before he came out, during his set, and after lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

It was like Cleveland Browns bottlegate episode before Manson came out lol beer bottles were flying EVERYWHERE, nonstop until he came out lol im talking hundreds of beer bottles. Thank god they were plastic.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Did Justin Bieber play?

Also, my bad for naming Metallica, who rule. I meant Anthrax. Who infect the airwaves with AIDS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Yeah, Anthrax wasnt all that I thought they would be live. Their last song they did was pretty awesome though and had the crowd going pretty crazy. Not sure what song it was though, cuz I dont really listen to much Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Trivium did a cover for Metallica as one of their last songs and they actually did a damn good job. There were three pits side by side going at once while they were doing that lol.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:20 pm

You should check out Anthrax's last album "Worship Music". Definitely one that you would dig a lot if I read your musical style correctly. Its more rock than metal but its a jammin album
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I'll give just about anything heavy metal or hard rock a listen.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

And then im pretty pumped for Mayhemfest in July. I got some VIP tix for that mofo! lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:53 am

NoRegret wrote:
The lineup was as follows:

Incubus, Rob Zombie, Shinedown, Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, Slash, Megadeth, Chevelle, Trivium, Anthrax, Mastadon, Cypress Hill, Theory of A Deadman, Volbeat, Down, The Darkness, Halestorm, Escape the Fate, P.O.D., Lacuna Coil, Adelitas Way, Black Stone Cherry, Cavo, Attack Attack!, Bobaflex, Falling in Reverse, In This Moment, Redlight King, Aranda, Emphatic, Otherwise, James Durbin, New Medicine, Kyng, 12 stones, Soil, Rival Sins, Eve to Adam, Ghosts of August, Hairball, Foxy Shazam, Black Tide, and an AC/DC tribute.

I personally saw Rob Zombie, Shinedown, Manson, FFDP, Slash, Megadeth, Chevelle, Trivium, Anthrax, Mastadon, Theory of a Deadman, Volbeat, Down, Halestorm, Escape the Fate, P.O.D., Adelita's Way, Black Stone Cherry, Attack Attack!, and Falling in Reverse.

It was an awesome time, Rob Zombie put on an awesome set with all kinds of effects, Manson did better than I thought he would, given the rumors I had heard about his live shows not being very good. Shinedown was actually really good, and FFDP was absolute mayhem the entire time they played. They did an awesome live show, I was really impressed with them.

Chevelle was really kick ass too, but I got my eye sliced open moshing to them lol, and Trivium by far had the most intense mosh pits. I had an absolute blast with them.

The rest of the bands were ok, Falling in Reverse put on a good show, and Attack Attack! put on a better show than I thought they would, didnt know they were local either.

And then also Escape the Fate's "wall of death" we did was pretty intense.

All in all it was a great time and I had a blast. I hope they do improve the lineup next year though!

looks awesome. I've seen most of those bands over the years. Yeah, Rob Zombie does put on a great visual show.

I got tickets to Mayhem a little over a month from now in Mountain View, a couple of those bands will be there.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Mayhemfest is going to be absolutely amazing. I'm going to the show on July 25th at Blossom Music Center up in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

-Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Whitechapel, High on Fire, Upon A Burning Body, and a few others.

And then to top it off, my buddy's band (Solipsist) is competing to earn a starting spot for this show which would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Went to Mayhem in the bay last night.

amazing show. All the bands brought it. We're the second show of the entire tour so i think all bands are on their A game that early in the tour.

It was a record crowd for a Mayhem show as well.

Slipknot took an old school approach to the show. Came out in the old school red jumpsuits and started off the show with self titled album songs. Amazing. It had the feel of a 2000 Slipknot show with more lights and pyro.

Slayer was amazing. Great pyro and lighting. Great set..no bullshitting. Just relentless.

Motorhead and Anthrax shredded as well.

Out of the three mayhems i've been to..it definitely tops Mayhem 1 and Mayhem 3.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Sounds fun, why do I forget about these things?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 pm

I cannot wait to go see Mayhemfest. It's now got icing on the cake now that my buddy's band Solipsist will be opening up there.

It will be the biggest show they've gotten to play on so far, and im guaranteeing it will get them signed after the show.

I suggest if you guys love heavy metal to give these guys a listen if you want to get a listen to em before they get big.

Just go to youtube if you want to listen. My favorite songs by them are "Tainted with Blood", "House of Cards", "Steal the Sun" and "Save me a place in hell"

Honestly, my two favorites are Tainted with blood and Steal the Sun, both of those are phenomenal songs, and I would honestly rank these guys...even as a current local band as better than 90% of the metal that is out there today.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

Went to Mayhemfest on the 25th!

Absolute blast! Slipknot fucking KILLED IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!   Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend! Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to Rock on the Range this past weekend!
Page 1 of 1