Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC Empty
PostSubject: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28299/following-bellator-release-alexis-vila-plans-move-to-ufcs-flyweight-division.mma
Unbeaten in his first 11 professional fights, Alexis Vila is now a free agent after back-to-back losses.

The 41-year-old Vila (11-2 MMA, 2-2 BFC) told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he has been released by Bellator following a loss to Luis Nogueira in the opening round of the promotion's season-six bantamweight tournament, which took place this past Friday at Bellator 65.

Now, the former Olympian plans a move to flyweight, and hopefully, to the UFC.

"I know that [bantamweight is] not my weight class, so I want to prove I'm the best flyweight in the world," Vila said.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Really wish Vila got into MMA sooner.

Best of luck, i hope he can go to Tachi and win some flyweight bouts and get in the UFC. He was definitly too small for BW. Joe Warren would be much better at 125 as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:09 pm

UFC needs flys ASAP. He got his name out there a little bit and fought on TV. UFC should consider bringing him in right away. They need flys. Hell the guy that just fought Jens Pulver is now stepping in the UFC to fight Dodson.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:08 pm

OU wrote:
UFC needs flys ASAP. He got his name out there a little bit and fought on TV. UFC should consider bringing him in right away. They need flys. Hell the guy that just fought Jens Pulver is now stepping in the UFC to fight Dodson.

Very little
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Very little
More then the guys on the regional circuit. I bet you have seen him fight more then you have Useless Gomez and he is the top Fly in TPF right now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 am

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Very little
More then the guys on the regional circuit. I bet you have seen him fight more then you have Useless Gomez and he is the top Fly in TPF right now.

And that means nothing to 95% of MMA fans. I know you're big on flys and small shows, but most people won't know the difference between the top FLYs outside the UFC and some guy off the street.

Ultimately I agree with you, they should bring him in. Like you said they need flys.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Very little

And that means nothing to 95% of MMA fans. I know you're big on flys and small shows, but most people won't know the difference between the top FLYs outside the UFC and some guy off the street.

Ultimately I agree with you, they should bring him in. Like you said they need flys.
Well Bellator isn't that small of a show anymore which is my point. 95% of MMA fans didn't know Uncle Creepy before he fought Mouse. Hell there are probably more American fans aware of Vila now then there were for Creepy pre-UFC. His last 4 fights have been on MTV2. I'm just saying even if he isn't well known, he is more known to MMA fans then most Flys out there.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 am

He'll probably have to win a fight or two first. He's on a two fight losing streak. Plus the fact that the UFC is taking their time implementing the 125 division
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
He'll probably have to win a fight or two first. He's on a two fight losing streak. Plus the fact that the UFC is taking their time implementing the 125 division
Well they need to establish a challenger quickly. I'm sure they would prefer Dodson since he is TUF Champion. But they are going to need to build the division sooner than later. The fight would probably be on fuel prelim or facebook anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC   Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Alexis Vila drops to fly, hopes to land in UFC
Page 1 of 1