Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy is ageless

Go down 
+12
captain organic
SOKO
LTFG
Bigs03
GDPofDRC
oggy420
Farmer1906
timthebim
thome_nerko
Thomasdrrn09
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Randy is ageless - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
He hugged vera against the cage for 15 minutes and did no damage. I don't know how that was a good performance.
because even you said it, he damn near controlled the entire fight on the cage, I would say vera did what he wanted to do in this fight for 2 minutes tops, that is not enough to win t he fight
Just like in boxing if a guy controls the whole fight and then gets tagged once good you have Glenn Johnson vs Chad Dawson 1,
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 pm

One could make the arguement that since Vera was stopping Randy's takedown attempts repeatedly, he should be receiving points not the guy who is unsucessful at getting the fight to the ground. Didn't Machida score for stopping Shogun's takedowns? Octagon control works both ways.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^6 not when you are dominated against the cage for almost 13 minutes, if Vera was able to break out of those cage pins then maybe you reward him but not for getting man handled
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^6 not when you are dominated against the cage for almost 13 minutes, if Vera was able to break out of those cage pins then maybe you reward him but not for getting man handled

getting man handled?? little over the top there ... when I think of someone being man handled I dont think of someone who constantly was having the ref break them apart and then take one punch and go back into a clinch again ... the fight sucked ass, and vera was way more impressive...
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

They were just clinching. I dont think points need to be given to either man in that situation. Also I dont think you should be awarded points for failed take down attempts.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 pm

But at the same time, it has to be recognized that Randy was outclinching a Muay Thai fighter and thats got to count for something.

All in all the fight wasn't the most exciting but I believe Couture did enough of dictating what
Vera was and wasn't able to do to get the nod. Was it spectacular? No. Was it anywhere near the top ten performances of either guy? Not even close. But Randy IS 46 and his bread and butter still is effective, even if it isn't exciting.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Randy outclinching a muay Thai fighter doesn't count for shit....I say Vera out clinched the Greco Roman wrestler. It works both ways. Randy's entire game is greco clinch and take them down...cept he couldn't
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:51 pm

People who were expecting this to be some sort of clinch domination from Randy were nuts in the first place. This would have been a tough fight for Randy at any point in his career, much less now.

On another note, it's doubtful we will see another fighter like Randy get so popular, he has never been an exciting fighter in the Chuck Liddell-Wanderlei Silva vein.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy is ageless
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2