Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy is ageless

Go down 
+12
captain organic
SOKO
LTFG
Bigs03
GDPofDRC
oggy420
Farmer1906
timthebim
thome_nerko
Thomasdrrn09
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 am

Wow. Super close fight, but Randy did it! I am so pumped. I know there is some controversy around this, but I feel the natural did what he had to. What a win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:18 am

I had it 29-28 Randy. 3rd round was super close though. Where does Randy go from here though?
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:18 am

He hugged vera against the cage for 15 minutes and did no damage. I don't know how that was a good performance.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:19 am

Randy should fight Coleman and retire.
Back to top Go down

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:19 am

Forrest vs Griffin winner if he's smart.

I had it 2-1 for Vera.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 am

Terrible performance....hugged him for 3 rounds....
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am

Randy has a monopoly on judging criteria and scoring....he can go for takedowns and can be unsuccessful for 3 rounds, yet Vera gets no credit, but Randy scores because he is hugging him. The only one that got hurt in this fight was Randy....the only one to inflict any damge was Vera, the only one to ever get to a dominant position was Vera.
Back to top Go down

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:01 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

I had it 2-1 for Vera.

So Forrest Griffin is fighting himself?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 am

I thought Randy won also 2-1. Its no so much of what randy was doing its what he didnt let Vera do. Vera landed some nice body shots and Randy recovered nicely. The fight was ugly but I to thought randy did enough in a fight where there wasnt a ton of action.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 am

Randy won. He did what I thought he'd do. Dominate with his Greco, but he wasn't able to inflict the damage against the cage like he did vs Gonzaga. It was impressive because he's 46, but that is the only reason.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:28 pm

It was impressive because he's 46, but that is the only reason.

exactly. If he wasn't Randy he would have been boo'd out of the arena for the performance. And i wouldn't say Randy dominated the Greco. Vera did more damage when they were in the clinch and even took Randy down, got mount, etc. Randy couldn't take Vera down.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Dominated with his greco? He couldn't score takedowns at all....Vera nullified his greco, yet he doesn't get credit....that's why I said Randy has a monopoly on judging criteria....he can score no takedowns, despite trying, yet scores because of octagon control.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Ya, well octagon control is one of the criteria isn't it?

Thome don't post here. Everyone hates you, and not because you're mean to everyone, but because you're a retard. Dismissed.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Oh no, I'm hated here! What will I do? Only Randy leg humpers are satisfied with that fight.
Back to top Go down

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Randy really didn't do enough to win the fight in my eyes. Vera hurt him and took him down .
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Who is ready for a Liddel comeback? Chuck vs Randy 4?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Nice, Wolf has had Vera's balls in his mouth all week leading up to this fight...now he's got a mouthful of Randy.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:15 pm

It was a tough fight to score to be sure, and Randy said as much afterwards. But I have a hard time giving Vera a win for a couple of body kicks and a takedown when he allowed himself to be pinned against the cage for 14 minutes. I hated watching it as it was boring as hell and it bothers me that Randy continues to fight when that's what he's become and that's all he can do. But it is what it is... And if Vera wanted a win he should have gotten his ass off the cage.

And am I the only one that wants to knock those weird looking ribs back into place on Vera? That shit just doesn't look right...
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I had it 2-1 for Vera.

So Forrest Griffin is fighting himself?

lol I was waiting for that one.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:35 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
It was a tough fight to score to be sure, and Randy said as much afterwards. But I have a hard time giving Vera a win for a couple of body kicks and a takedown when he allowed himself to be pinned against the cage for 14 minutes. I hated watching it as it was boring as hell and it bothers me that Randy continues to fight when that's what he's become and that's all he can do. But it is what it is... And if Vera wanted a win he should have gotten his ass off the cage.

And am I the only one that wants to knock those weird looking ribs back into place on Vera? That shit just doesn't look right...

but can't that argument work the other way as in: "If Randy wants to win he should do more then pin a guy against the fence for 14 mins"?

Randy is at the beggining of becoming the MMA version of Holyfield.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

But as part of the judging criteria do you give the guy being held against the cage the advantage or the guy doing the pinning? It's dirty boxing (Or would be if Randy threw a jab more than every ten seconds) at its ugliest and Randy knows he scores with that whether the opponent or fans watching like it or not. You can't give the guy allowing himself to be molested points for being a dead fuck...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
But as part of the judging criteria do you give the guy being held against the cage the advantage or the guy doing the pinning? It's dirty boxing (Or would be if Randy threw a jab more than every ten seconds) at its ugliest and Randy knows he scores with that whether the opponent or fans watching like it or not. You can't give the guy allowing himself to be molested points for being a dead fuck...

no you don't give Vera points there, but you don't give Randy many points either. But you do give Vera points for landing the few clean strikes of the fight. At least I would. I know octagon control is part of the judging criteria but it has to be measured in a reasonable fashion. It's not worth more then clean striking.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 pm

I agree Cappy... But like I said earlier, I can't give a guy a nod in a fight where he landed a couple of kicks, a couple of punches and a takedown when he had his back against the fence for the other 14 minutes. This was no Shogun-Machida... It was just an ugly fight plain and simple. Both fighters should be embarrassed... Couture continuing to fight when this is all he can do, and Vera for allowing a 46 year old man to date rape him that way, knowing full well he wouldn't get a decision...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:54 pm

MMA scoring should be weighted somehow so that a fight like this isn't subjective. So we don't have to argue if three body kicks and a takedown negates 13 minutes of being controlled on the fence.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Wolf you ever going to update your sig?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Randy is ageless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy is ageless   Randy is ageless Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy is ageless
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next