Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Randy?

Go down 
+8
oggy420
redvexx8
SOKO
MMAEYES
Farmer1906
ohiovol62
OU
boomer sooner
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:11 am

I keep reading bits and pieces about Shogun fighting Randy next, from Shogun's camp. Please tell me this is not on the horizon. It is obvious who Shogun should fight next in the LHW division and if not the Shad/Page winner, then Anderson Silva. Stop talking about Randy!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:19 am

boomer sooner wrote:
I keep reading bits and pieces about Shogun fighting Randy next, from Shogun's camp. Please tell me this is not on the horizon. It is obvious who Shogun should fight next in the LHW division and if not the Shad/Page winner, then Anderson Silva. Stop talking about Randy!

Well I just saw a video of Randy from UFC 113 and they said he is very close to signing to fight Toney. Dana didn't want to commit to saying winner of Shad-Page will get a title shot before UFC 113 but I think that was just in case Machida and Shad both won. Since Shogun won you can almost gaurantee winner of Shad-Page gets the next shot.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:27 am

I actually hope it's Randy. Shogun will put Randy in the nursing home. Everyone loves Randy, me included, but this has gone to far.

Randy has done nothing recently.

He made Nog look like pretty boy Floyd and Nog is a shell of himself.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:46 am

WHen has Nog ever looked spectacular? But the guy finds a way to win.

I know he's scheduled to fight Toney, but why is Rua's team calling out Randy? Are they upset that Randy was able to dismantle Coleman, while it took Rua three rounds to get kind of an embarrassing win? Regardless, his camp needs to be aiming a little higher, like little Nog, Anderson Silva or Page/Evans. This to me seems like chicken-hawking an easy title defense.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:53 am

Randy is pushing for a bout with Shogun harder than Shogun is. The Shogun vs Coleman fight was a comeback fight for Shogun. He wasn't in shape. Looking at that fight is no longer relivant
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:05 am

Dana already came out and said its the winner of Shad-Rapmage
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:09 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Dana already came out and said its the winner of Shad-Rapmage

On MMA Live pre show on ESPN 2 he wouldn't commit to it. Rashad was sitting right next to him when they asked the question. But like I said the only possible way it might not have happened is if Machida and Shad both won. Now that Shogun won, I'm sure that makes things much easier.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:12 am

Well I saw a Sherdog video where Rua and his trainer were talking about wanting to fight Randy. I then read an article repeating that same desire.

I'm sure Randy wants this fight just like every other LHW would. But why is Shogun desiring it?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:16 am

If Shad wins the way he always wins, I don't think Dana will give him the title shot. If Rampage wins, it's automatic.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dana gives the shot to Randy.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:30 am

I'll puke if they don't give the winner of shad/page the first crack at shoguns title. But I think ousoonersou is right. Now that shogun won I'm sure they will
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:53 am

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11477&zoneid=13

It is offical winner of Rashad/Rampage will get the title shot. Farmer was right
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:42 am

Shogun calling out randy all ready. Does he want this fight for real cause randy is a legend or cause its an easy win or are these words being fed in his mouth to begin the hype to help convince the fans. Well Im not convinced. Randy should of lost the vera fight and a washed up coleman. Come the fuck on even if he beats toney that doesnt mean shit if anything it moves farther down the latter. I like randy but its a wrap buddy give it up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:47 am

sokolkevin wrote:
Shogun calling out randy all ready. Does he want this fight for real cause randy is a legend or cause its an easy win or are these words being fed in his mouth to begin the hype to help convince the fans. Well Im not convinced. Randy should of lost the vera fight and a washed up coleman. Come the fuck on even if he beats toney that doesnt mean shit if anything it moves farther down the latter. I like randy but its a wrap buddy give it up.

OK I get the Vera fight, but Coleman? Randy should have lost to Coleman?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:51 am

I'm betting that was a mis-type on Sokolkevin's part Sooners.
Back to top Go down

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:00 pm

No way will Randy get a shot with Rua. Dana might be a business man but he's not stupid, Randy would get annihilated.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
No way will Randy get a shot with Rua. Dana might be a business man but he's not stupid, Randy would get annihilated.

I bet Randy still does better numbers then Rashad, Forrest, lil Nog, Thiago Silva and many other top LHW. Like you said Dana is a buisness man, how many more pay days can he get out of Randy? What is the worst that can happen? He loses in the 1st round via KO like Machida did? No one will hate Randy for going out in a title fight. One last bone for the old dog.
Back to top Go down

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Is Randy still a huge draw, were the 109 numbers not poor ?

I respect Randy's desire and courage, but Dana needs to start considering his health.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I bet Randy still does better numbers then Rashad, Forrest, lil Nog, Thiago Silva and many other top LHW. Like you said Dana is a buisness man, how many more pay days can he get out of Randy? What is the worst that can happen? He loses in the 1st round via KO like Machida did? No one will hate Randy for going out in a title fight. One last bone for the old dog.

Randy can't do that anymore. Look how poorly his Coleman fight did.

edit: Ali beat me
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah but Randy's name next to Shogun and it is different story. I'm willing to bet anything that Randy vs Shogun would outsell Shogun vs Thiago, Shogun vs lil Nog and even Shogun vs Rashad.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah but Randy's name next to Shogun and it is different story. I'm willing to bet anything that Randy vs Shogun would outsell Shogun vs Thiago, Shogun vs lil Nog and even Shogun vs Rashad.

Left Forrest out this time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Left Forrest out this time.

not on purpose.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:48 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

my bad sooners I worded it wrong good lookin mmaeyes. I meant to say he should of lost the vera fight and he beat a washed up coleman which counts for zero when your trying to get back at a title fight. All in all randy has not done shit to get a title shot. Randy needs to beat someone like shad, page, machida etc.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:55 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

my bad sooners I worded it wrong good lookin mmaeyes. I meant to say he should of lost the vera fight and he beat a washed up coleman which counts for zero when your trying to get back at a title fight. All in all randy has not done shit to get a title shot. Randy needs to beat someone like shad, page, machida etc.

Gotcha, that makes a ton more sense lol
But like I brought up before the road Shogun traveled to his shot wasnt much better...but let's not get into that, last time I brought that up it went in a bad direction.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

Let me say ,now that you have verified what you meant, that I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Gonna be funny watching Randy pound on JT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why Randy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Randy?   Why Randy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Randy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next