Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become Empty
PostSubject: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:59 pm

He is Zuffas gate keeper for the top StrikeForce Heavyweights that are coming over.

Lesnar vs Overeem was the obvious choice but Werdum vs Nelson was a weird match up in my opinion. IDK I guess it kind of made sense.

But now Nelson vs Big Foot?? IDK Roy is the last person that I wanted to see as Big Foots first opponent. IDK, why not throw Big Foot in against another giant. Not Fat Ass Roy

Still fun but IDK, whats next, Nelson vs Del Rosario followed by Nelson vs Cormier?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:41 pm

I remember when I used to think Nelson was a good fighter. Back when he fought like a good fighter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 am

ya now it is clear that he pretty much wants to stand and throw the right hand. He didn't really attempt to utilize the ground game in his last couple of fights and was willing to stand with fighters that were better than him standing.

I think Big Foot may dominate this fight
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

He has not become anything..Roy was always and still is a notch below fighters like Mir, Werdum, 2008 Arlovski, and more than likely Bigfoot as well. He has never proven that we should expect better from him in these fights. Hell, if CroCop got him just maybe 2 years prior he probably would have defeated Roy as well.

Roy is a good fighter, but he was never really into the big discussion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Bigfoot has been clocked, but he fights at HW. Kyle and Cormier got him, but Fedor and AA couldn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:45 am

Nelson needs to get supa-fat again and rub that belly. No more losing weight and shit. I still think he's a decent fighter, though.

Or he could just lose a ton of weight and be a LHW...but that ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Gatekeeper is accurate.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 am

Birdofthad wrote:
ya now it is clear that he pretty much wants to stand and throw the right hand. He didn't really attempt to utilize the ground game in his last couple of fights and was willing to stand with fighters that were better than him standing.

I think Big Foot may dominate this fight

if he has any endorsements it's probably something like his chin being used to advertise ram trucks or something hahaha.

standing in the pocket and getting smashed in the face by top heavyweights might be worth more money to him than winning fights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become   It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become Empty

Back to top Go down

It is Clear What Roy Nelson has Become
Page 1 of 1