Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amir Khan vows to never fight for the IBF again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Amir Khan vows to never fight for the IBF again  Empty
PostSubject: Amir Khan vows to never fight for the IBF again    Amir Khan vows to never fight for the IBF again  EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 am

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=48690#ixzz1juuTETyf
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Joe Delaney, courtesy of The Daily Star

AMIR KHAN says he will never fight in an IBF bout again after a hearing into his controversial defeat against Lamont Peterson was cancelled.

Khan’s camp withdrew their appeal at the 11th hour because they discovered the IBF was not going to hear evidence from all the officials who were involved in the world light-welterweight title clash.

Peterson took both the WBA and IBF belts on a split decision in his hometown of Washington last month.

The WBA had already ordered a rematch due to “multiple irregularities” after Khan complained about the referee, scorecards being changed and a mystery man at ringside. The Bolton fighter said: “I will never fight for the IBF again. WBA want an immediate rematch, so I’ll stick with that. But I do not want the IBF involved.”

But in a further twist last night, Peterson launched his own appeal against the WBA’s order for a rematch.

Meanwhile, the mystery man at ringside – Mustafa Ameen – has admitted he did help change a scorecard during the fight But he said he only did it because judge Michael Welsh was unwell.

Ameen said: “I noticed one error and a subsequent error. I assisted him in correcting it without touching anything. He (Welsh) said, ‘I’m not feeling well this evening’.”
Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vows to never fight for the IBF again
Page 1 of 1