Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo tests positive for steroids

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
Primetyme199
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
These discussions are 100% weak sauce. Let 'em be free!
You're support for all PEDs is weak sauce.

Not at all. These discussions are ridiculous especially given the % of guys that are using things that "enhance performance". Its for sure closer to 100% than it is even 50%. Guys should be allowed to take what they need to work at maximum performance. Skill is still going to win out

If even one guy does not want to use Roids, he should not be forced into it because the sport allows it.

And PED's are so much more then just putting on muscle weight.

Bobbit in total weaksauce mode on this subject.

He wouldn't have to be forced into anything. I think most people factor things like PEDs way too highly into results of fights. Skill on the feet and on the ground is going to win out over some shit dudes are taking leading up into the fight all day
Then why risk taking them at all? If PEDs had no impact on performance then why are so many athletes getting busted?

I think most believe that like Cubua said, it helps in the training camp recovering from the bumps and bruises and lets you train at max performance. And a lot of them happen to be diuretics too, which I imagine would help with weight cutting shit but I'm not familiar with that side of it. Just conjecture, but I doubt many are taking shit with the thought that its going to give them some big advantage when the actual fight night rolls around
How is that not an advantage in itself? When under normal circumstances you wouldn't be able to get that kind of volume of training? Reduced recovery time is a big advantage. HELP in the weight cutting process is an advantage. I'm assuming, based on the discription, that it is less taxing on your body to make the cut. How are these not advantages? How is using artificial, illegal substances to come out of your training camp healthier and in better condition not an advantage?

Sure it can be an advantage, its just a situation I have no problem with. I'm not sure I really agree with fighters being forbidden from taking some stuff that is going to help them recover faster in training. If they know they risks, its on them. The vast majority of them are doing it already anyway, I'm just in favor of ending the charade about it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

That is the only part of your argument I understand, is that there are so many out there right now using that we don't "know" about. So while only the ones that get caught get punished, others are doing the same thing and getting away with it. But to just green light it altogether is not the answer IMO. More people using drugs that could have long term effects is not the answer. You say it's ok if they know the risk, but if was legal to use wouldn't you almost be forced to use it? So only people comfortable with either A. taking PEDs or B. having your opponent on PEDs are able to fight? You don't want the long term effects but you know your opponent had an advantage with his training camp? Doesn't seem fair.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 pm

If I didn't have a paper to write I'd keep going. I recommend the Rogan link though if anyone has time to kill. Its pretty interesting stuff. I think Joe throws in his feelings about it too
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I again look to baseball to make my point.

My favorite player was John Olerud, a good player, and almost(unfortuneatly I still need to leave this in) without question a clean player. Yet because he plays in a game where guys are doping all over the place, he is at a disadvantage, he is in the shadows of cheaters. Sure we find out later, and those cheaters are tainted, but we can't now go back to the prime of his career and give Olerud the just rewards(financially and otherwise) that he deserved.

And this goes for many other players as well, Bernie Williams is a guy that comes to mind. And of coarse the poor pitchers who had to pitch to these guys, and were thus forced to suffer the anguish of watching balls battered all around the park.

It's bogus. Certain guys don't want to use ped's, and they should not be forced into it because other, less dignified athletes are willing. And it's magnified in a fighting arena.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Mo on right now talking about it
[flash]
[/flash]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I guess the excuse Mo is riding with is in 2010 the product he took was not marked as an anabolic steroid. I guess this is his manager on now? Talking about how all this stuff isn't "clean cut". Basically the same weak sauce we always get. Pleading ignorance.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm

wow the more I hear, the worse it gets for Mo. He has absolutely no excuse. Just gets lamer and lamer the more they try to defend it. The now classic situation of the fighter and the people around him failing to monitor what the fighter is taking in comparison to what is legal. The issue is so out there these days that this just isn't a fucking excuse. 100% Weak sauce.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Lawal told Helwani he purchased a supplment called S-Mass "Lean Gainer" at Muscle Max. Here's the description of that product:

S-Mass is the most powerful designer anabolic ever created and is
probably the least expensive on the market. S-Mass represents a quality
designer anabolic and an affordable price. S-Mass was designed to
produce lean hard bodies. If you want t he lean hard look S-Mass is the
product for you.

Lawal's manager Mike Kogan Tweeted after the show:

@Mike Kogan: not blaming just pointing out their lack of
responsibility, accountability and malicious and intentional misguidence
of consumers

@Mike Kogan: just pointing out the uphill battle that any athlete
faces. They rename, relabel and hide shit on purpose to turn $ someone
needs to start paying attention to it

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm

OU wrote:
Lawal told Helwani he purchased a supplment called S-Mass "Lean Gainer" at Muscle Max. Here's the description of that product:

S-Mass is the most powerful designer anabolic ever created and is
probably the least expensive on the market. S-Mass represents a quality
designer anabolic and an affordable price. S-Mass was designed to
produce lean hard bodies. If you want t he lean hard look S-Mass is the
product for you.

Lawal's manager Mike Kogan Tweeted after the show:

@Mike Kogan: not blaming just pointing out their lack of
responsibility, accountability and malicious and intentional misguidence
of consumers

@Mike Kogan: just pointing out the uphill battle that any athlete
faces. They rename, relabel and hide shit on purpose to turn $ someone
needs to start paying attention to it

Yeah... It says anabolic about 6 times in that brief description. They clearly fucked up or just didn't care about being caught. This is now the second time Mo has been involved with questionable substances, the first of which was that compressed o2 stuff that didn't help his cardio at all. Time to start taking more responsibility for what you decide to put in your body.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

He says now that he is only taking natural vitamins and Gatorade lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Disappointed in Mo. The talent level is obviously there so i'm sure he'll come back strong because steroids or no, he is a great wrestler and has good striking ability...but he said he was going to clear his name a few days ago and i was thinking that there may have been some mistake..and all he showed was that his PED use was not isolated to preperation for Larkin . Say it aint so, Mo.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Disappointed in Mo. The talent level is obviously there so i'm sure he'll come back strong because steroids or no, he is a great wrestler and has good striking ability...but he said he was going to clear his name a few days ago and i was thinking that there may have been some mistake..and all he showed was that his PED use was not isolated to preperation for Larkin . Say it aint so, Mo.

I feel the same, bums me out.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 am

king mo wont appeal= guilty imo
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 pm

So sounds like he knows what he did wrong and isn't running from it. Took those diet pills like an idiot without full knowledge of if they were clean enough for the anti doper list in Nevada. He is guilty of breaking the rules. But at least he admits it and doesn't lie to the commission and everyone else in an attempt to cover some kind of exploitative shadyness to gain an advantage while blaming everyone else around him. He should get the half year others have been afforded, but likely won't due to the absurdness of said reductions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo tests positive for steroids
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3