Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo resigns with SF

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
josh200612
OU
Ludo
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

King Mo resigns with SF Empty
PostSubject: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/01/06/muhammed-lawal-re-signs-with-strikeforce/

Quote :
"The King" will continue to reign in Strikeforce after all.

Muhammed Lawal, who meets Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine Saturday night, has signed a new four-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to Lawal's manager Mike Kogan.

Lawal had one fight left on his current contract, so this assures that he will fight in Strikeforce for at least five more fights. This also means that Lawal won't be moving over to the UFC any time soon.

Lawal (8-1) is 3-1 in Strikeforce. He recently defeated Roger Gracie in September to get back on track following his light heavyweight title loss to Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in Aug. 2010.

He recently retracted his "cancer patient" comments about Strikeforce on a recent episode of The MMA Hour and left the door open for a return to the organization.

"I've got one more fight on my contract and then my contract ends in February," Lawal said. "King Mo just wants to go where he can get paid and get paid without the check bouncing."
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Easier to build him and get him more experience over there. He'd get thrown to the wolves in the UFC and might not make it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 pm

No "might not" about it. With cardio as bad as his he would be eaten alive by anyone he couldn't finish in one or two rounds.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:23 am

Ludo wrote:
No "might not" about it. With cardio as bad as his he would be eaten alive by anyone he couldn't finish in one or two rounds.

But he wrestling brings an aspect that would give a ton of good fighters trouble.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 am

Keep crushin those cans, right? Right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

I like this for Mo, still some good fights for him at SF and he can use experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Lame.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Ali wrote:
Lame.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Too bad we won't ever see Mo vs Rampage now
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:27 pm

i think this is stupid to be honest. King Mo is well past the prospect stage IMO

Mousasi, Cavalcante, and Mo should all be brought to the UFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
i think this is stupid to be honest. King Mo is well past the prospect stage IMO

+1
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:32 pm

freakzilla wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

+1

Didn't realize he was 30. Agree now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 pm

The UFC will pluck the best SF fighters regularly. Harvesting contenders. Mo will be in the UFC soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I approve this message Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 am

I'm sure this is part of the new Showtime deal. They gotta leave some meat on the bone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/10/2696759/strikeforce-nsac-king-mo-vs-lorenz-larkin-fight-kim-winslow-keith-kizer
The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) Executive Director told MMA Fighting he has "no issue" with the timing of referee Kim Winslow's stoppage in the Strikeforce fight between Muhammed Lawal and Lorenz Larkin.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 pm

i counted, there were 15 punches landed while MO was holding his head in place Wandy style
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

King Mo wrote:
"I think he was nervous. Then he tried to hype the crowd up by singing/rapping the part to a song and then when it was over he went into the cage and that's when he looked defeated, when he stepped into the cage. I think Brock got pushed too fast, too soon to his career and probably because he makes a lot of money. If they woulda built him on right, he could have been a great heavyweight fighter. I think he helped save the UFC and make them more marketable because he has such a big following. But, as far as a fighter, he never had the chance to develop the skills to become an all around fighter."

"I think (Lesnar knew beforehand that he might be getting in over his head). But at the same time, I think that he knew that he was getting paid a lot and they (UFC) had to rush him. Personally, I heard he runs his own show. I think maybe in training he got hit and didn't like it and (his training staff) modified things, so he wouldn't have to get hit. He never got adjusted to getting hit. No one likes to getting hit, but after awhile you tolerate it. You don't think nothing of it."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo resigns with SF   King Mo resigns with SF Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo resigns with SF
Page 1 of 1