Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninjas place coaches corner

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
captain organic
OU
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jds has never faced anyone remotely as dangerous standing. He took Carwin down. Overeem uses takedowns to set shit up in K fucking 1 even. Ou, takedowns dont mean extended ground play. If it stays standing I wouldnt be surprised but I wouldn't if it didn't
ether. Liddell, Aldo, Wandy, Shogun, Machida all took guys down sometimes. We know what happens when two masters at an art meet.

Keyword here being "sometimes". Rarely would have fit better.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Or "often when they fought other good strikers"
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I sincerely hope both are not that stupid. They should be there trying to prove they are the best HW fighter in the UFC.

+1
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 pm

If i was JDS i would just avoid getting in the clinch at all costs. I know he can work well in there but the Uberknee's to the body will cause shit in pants and you have to believe the taller and stronger fight will be able to muscle him there and get some knees in. Keep his distance and come in with combos..pretty much what we see from him ever fight i just question if he'll be able to do it vs. Overeem.

Overeem should also look to establish that a takedown is something that he'll be looking for though i don't expect JDS to try any balls out attacks in respect for Reem. Reem should also attack the legs and body early.

Nothing too elaborate. The fight will be pretty straightforward and we'll find out who the better striker is. I think it's Overeem and i think Overeem is more rounded a striker and a MMArtist as well as being the bigger and stronger fighter. We also have more to go by with Reem. He has fought some of the best strikers out there while JDS has fought about one used to be high level striker in the UFC who got his share of licks in on JDS. I think Overeem will win the fight and Strikeforce will have brought two champions..this along with Diaz winning the interim WW title.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 am

JDS- Try to attack Reem's lead leg as much as possible and jab forward to get in on Reem. Repeat, repeat, in first round. If it doesn't go well, he will shoot for a TD and try out his BJJ. I see that being most of his training. Dirty boxing up against the fence will be big for him also if he closes the distance near the cage with what I said from the get go.

Reem- Do what he does with his stand up and avoid the TD and counter any submissions. Reem's is pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 am

i think this one ends pretty quickly.

it will come down to who lands first and from what i've seen, overeem may have an edge in controlling range with his kicks.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 am

ITs simple to me

JDS- Use your boxing footwork to create angles. possible 1,5s on reems dome just pop the jab slide to left hook off the jab. stay to the left of reem then back out of distance. When your not throwing a punch be out of range. Faint or even fake a shot or kick of your own get in range unload and get out. Do this untill you find overeems true strength in a tie up. IF he is not as strong have fun go for a TD wear him out beat him up but beware of knees in the clinch.

for REEM- Use your kicks to get inside, grab him wrap your arms around his neck and dig your wrists into him like like a fat kid digs into cake. stay really close throwing knees. Feel his strength watch for short shots from clinch. If your stronger ragdoll him to ground break his spirits kick his legs repeatedly while on ground and wave him up. continue as needed
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Had to find this thread and give a +1 to Wolf for the great thread idea cause I just seen today that the plus and minus signs were back lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Had to find this thread and give a +1 to Wolf for the great thread idea cause I just seen today that the plus and minus signs were back lol
That's because it just came back today. Who knows, maybe it it's gone tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm

So it just randomly came back on it's own?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:59 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
So it just randomly came back on it's own?

LOL!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Idk about everybody else but I just realized that it has automatically set every thread I reply on to me watching the topic, that's kinda getting on my nerves
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Idk about everybody else but I just realized that it has automatically set every thread I reply on to me watching the topic, that's kinda getting on my nerves

Ya I'm getting a ton of Spam emails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninjas place coaches corner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2