Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninjas place coaches corner

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
captain organic
OU
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Ninjas place coaches corner Empty
PostSubject: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Aright men....game plan these fights :

Overeem vs JDS

Overeems should drill keeping distance w kicks and evasive movement. Stay out of JDS range, clinch or outside, no pocket exchanges. Drill take downs.

JDS should use body kicks at first to put reem in his shell, then close the distance and touch that chin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Reem- needs to work with boxers that have a speed advantage. Keep distance and tear up that lead leg with kicks. Leg kicks, leg kicks, leg kicks. You know JDS won't go for a takedown so kicks to the body work too. Even though he holds a massive clinch advantage I think he should work more from outside. IMO kicks>knees for this matchup.

JDS- work on closing distance quickly, work on creating angles to get in and out. Obviously practice checking leg kicks. But mainly just keep focusing on his own strengths and the things that got him here. Work your hands, find the chin. Push the pace.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 pm

K-1 champ going for takedowns? Ugh, I will be so upset if I see any form of a freestyle wrestling takedown attempt.

A brute force clinch throw, ala the Grim fight? That I could see.

But these guys have been very successful in what they have been doing. This will be strength vs strength.

Agree Jr. wants the pocket exchanges. I don't think Reem will concede that aspect, but I don't see much of an adv from distance. Pretty clear adv in tight for Reem. I believe he will test Jr in that regard, and will also fall back on the clinch if he's getting beat up in the exchanges.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Jds should also take him down and tire him out. He took Carwin down.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Both fighters should be ready to take it down if need be. This is a UFC fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Both fighters should be ready to take it down if need be. This is a UFC fight.
Get out of here with that. These men are going out there to prove they are the better standup fighter, that will be their goal. IF a takedown is attempted, it's because they ran into trouble.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:47 pm

I sincerely hope both are not that stupid. They should be there trying to prove they are the best HW fighter in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I sincerely hope both are not that stupid. They should be there trying to prove they are the best HW fighter in the UFC.
They are going to go out there and put their best foot forward. They will do what got them there. What they are comfortable doing. What they feel they are most effective at. They will utilize their biggest weapons. They will do what they have confidence in doing...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Both guys should be comfortable anywhere.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Both guys should be comfortable anywhere.
Where are they most comfortable? What have they done up to this point? Where have they had the most success? What discipline was their base entering into MMA? If you ask them "what is your bread and butter?" What will the answer be? If you tell each man to go out there and show me what you do best, what would they do? Their natural fighting instincts kick in, what are they doing? Give your PC answer "this is MMA, I'm comfortable wherever the fight goes" is one of those things that goes with "I'm in the best shape of my life". We all know the drill.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Great Thread

JDS- Work on timing takedowns to counter kicks, and takedowns from the clinch. Of course he's gonna try to box with Reem but he needs to be ready to score a takedown if/when that goes south.

Reem- Reem needs to push the pace and atleast put pressure on JDS, JDS is a badass but The Reem may just be the first guy to catch him slippin. I think Reem would own the clinch in this matchup imo so he needs to try to clinch JDS after every combo whether it lands for not. Maybe use the combo to get inside to get the clinch.

What's really gonna go down imo-
This is a freakin toss up imo. Cause I could see how both fighters could win this. On one hand I can't help but to think at some point in the fight JDS is gonna land that one shot that ends the fight but on the other hand Reem could prove just how much more technical his striking his compared to JDS. It's gonna be a great fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Im thinking one or both attempt takedowns early to throw their oppenents defense off. Who ever wins probably has a takedown or two first.

Ou, I understand they are naturally strikers...lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Im thinking one or both attempt takedowns early to throw their oppenents defense off. Who ever wins probably has a takedown or two first.

So u think an early takedown will dictate the way the fight goes?

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I going to go out on a limb and say that take downs and take down defense will have absolutely no effect on the outcome of this fight. The factors will include chin, timing, possibly cardio and finding their range. Who has the better ground game will be a question still remaining when the fight is over.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

I think jds takes him down before knocking him out. Set em up...wet him up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Ou you being gold has made you significantly less intelligent. Takedowns are a huge piece of MMA striking in terms of what they do to strategy and defense etc.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:41 pm

A battle between two guys, who are pretty clearly the 2 best strikers in the division, both of whom have recently shown very very little interest in ground fighting(aside from the chase of a beat down opponent), and we are expecting take downs to play such a prominent role?

Not me. stand up battle, until a hurt fighter goes to the ground.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ou you being gold has made you significantly less intelligent. Takedowns are a huge piece of MMA striking in terms of what they do to strategy and defense etc.

Neither of these guys have used takedowns to set up their striking.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I think jds takes him down before knocking him out. Set em up...wet him up.
Seriously doubt it. Everyone expects to see 2 of the top HW strikers go at it, I'm very confident that is exactly what we will get. Again the ground game will not play any factor in the outcome of this fight. IF, big IF, either man is put down, they will get back up. Over/Under 0.5 take downs, I'm taking the under.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

The fact both are so dangerous standing is why takedowns may play a role. Yall understand MMA, I know you do....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Don't be jelly son, it's not your style. You are overthinking this bad boy. It will be what everyone expects it to be. No one will go in there attempting to test the ground game. Reem will be Reem and JDS will be JDS. They will let it fly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
A battle between two guys, who are pretty clearly the 2 best strikers in the division, both of whom have recently shown very very little interest in ground fighting(aside from the chase of a beat down opponent), and we are expecting take downs to play such a prominent role?

Not me. stand up battle, until a hurt fighter goes to the ground.
Wolf is either A. trolling or B. overthinking this fight. Maybe C. all of the above.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The fact both are so dangerous standing is why takedowns may play a role. Yall understand MMA, I know you do....
This is not like wrestler cancels out wrestler so we see the standup play out. This is striker vs striker, both remain in their comfort zone, best man wins.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Jds has never faced anyone remotely as dangerous standing. He took Carwin down. Overeem uses takedowns to set shit up in K fucking 1 even. Ou, takedowns dont mean extended ground play. If it stays standing I wouldnt be surprised but I wouldn't if it didn't
ether. Liddell, Aldo, Wandy, Shogun, Machida all took guys down sometimes. We know what happens when two masters at an art meet.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jds has never faced anyone remotely as dangerous standing. He took Carwin down. Overeem uses takedowns to set shit up in K fucking 1 even. Ou, takedowns dont mean extended ground play. If it stays standing I wouldnt be surprised but I wouldn't if it didn't
ether. Liddell, Aldo, Wandy, Shogun, Machida all took guys down sometimes. We know what happens when two masters at an art meet.
I will eat all the crow you throw at me if takedowns are a factor in this fight. Right now I completely disagree with you. I don't think it will be used as some kind of mental advantage or to disrupt timing. I just don't see this fight going in that direction. I'll be more then happy to give you your props if you are correct. But I'm pretty confident in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas place coaches corner   Ninjas place coaches corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninjas place coaches corner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next