Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale Empty
PostSubject: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:16 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/30/tuf-10-finale-frank-edgar-vs-matt-veach-booked-with-kurt-pellegrino-hurt/
"H.I.T. Squad product Matt Veach will fill-in for the injured Kurt Pellegrino and take on Frank Edgar at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 Finale from the “The Pearl” at The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Dec. 5.

MMAmania.com learned about the replacement earlier this afternoon shortly after news broke that “Batman” suffered a back injury during training.

More on this breaking news shortly"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 pm

The guy is 11-0, 1-0 in the UFC. Sherdog list him as a WW but he is only 5'7. Don't think I have ever seen him fight.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 pm

He was supposed to fight Bocek on the same card. He's a decent enough little fighter who has good hands and a solid ground game from what little he was able to show in his debut against Grice. Nice thing is he finishes fights... Only one decision. But against pretty poor talent. I don't think he honestly poses any real threat to Edgar at this point. Then again you never know, those HIT Squad guys are awfully formidable... lol
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:58 pm

i actually like this fight better then the original..lol
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

This is a biiiiig step up for Veach. I'm calling the upset!!!
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 pm

yea i like Veach to, i think he may pull this one out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale   Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Veach steps in to face Edgar at TUF finale
Page 1 of 1