Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
josh200612
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Empty
PostSubject: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/11/2627746/ufc-140-results-photo-big-nog-broken-arm-x-ray-frank-mir

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Big_nog_broken_arm_medium_large

Check out the x-ray that shows Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's broken arm following that devastating submission loss to Frank Mir at UFC 140.

How did it happen? Well here's the complete play-by-play from the very exciting fight that went back and forth leading to that dramatic, and brutal finish:

Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Round 1 - Jab by Nog gets in. Another jab lands for Nog. And again he gets in with it. Nog looks for a takedown which gets stuffed. Nogueira working him against the cage and Mir turns him. Mir gets the takedown into Nog's half guard. Nogueira gets up. Nice elbows by Nogueira in the clinch, and again. Big knee and a left hand. Noguiera landing hard and Mir drops! Nog with more punches and Mir manages to escape from a choke. Mir briefly on top. Mir takes the arm with a kimura. Nog won't tap. They're rolling, Nogeira still wont tap and the shoulder pops. Frank Mir wins by submission (kimura), round 1.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 pm

DAAAAAMN!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Don't fuck with my boy!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Nog fought stupid. He dropped for a sub when he had Mir hurt badly. Keep laying those hammer fists and the ref likely stops it. At worst you get back up and start again on the feet versus a dazed Mir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 pm

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir G600616996
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Ali wrote:
X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir G600616996

Says hotlinking disabled.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:01 pm

i can't believe Nog went for the sub instead of pounding a hurt and out Mir to death. stupid decision that cost him his arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:

Says hotlinking disabled.

Poo.

Was just the dude from Seinfeild looking shocked.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:08 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i can't believe Nog went for the sub instead of pounding a hurt and out Mir to death. stupid decision that cost him his arm.

And possibly career.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Ludo wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

And possibly career.
most likely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Herb Dean was the ref both times.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Herb Dean was the ref both times.
lucky guy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Clean break!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Nog fought stupid. He dropped for a sub when he had Mir hurt badly. Keep laying those hammer fists and the ref likely stops it. At worst you get back up and start again on the feet versus a dazed Mir.

"It was stupid. The fight was won, but I made up my mind to go for a submission. Two more shots and I knocked out Mir for sure. But I wanted to finish the fight beautifully. I wanted to finish with a submission.

"For a long time I had not finished a fight with a submission, so for a moment I wanted to submit him (laughs). But it was stupid, I was should have gotten the knock out. The fight was mine and I missed the opportunity.

"I felt very well. I was fast with good movement and very confident. I tried to submit when I was in a position where he could counter attack and he ended up taking my arm. I made a mistake, it was stupid ..."

Nog
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:46 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/19/2646222/nogueira-broken-arm-requires-surgery-titanium-plate-16-screws-to-fix
X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Nog-arm-2_large
From the Nogueira's official blog (via ESPN):

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Star-divide.v5e9d7f1

"Mr. Nogueira suffered a complex fracture to his humerus. The
fracture began in the middle of the bone and extended to the elbow
region. Unfortunately, the radial nerve [one of the main nerves lending a
feeling of power to the hands] was damaged. The nerve is located in the
area of the fracture, and the bone compressed it. Before the operation,
he had very little strength in his hand and no strength whatsoever in
his thumb. The operation involved an incision behind the arm. The nerve
was removed from the location of the fracture and treated. The fracture
was fixed with a plate and 16 screws, and now, less than 12 hours
post-op, his hand functions are returning and the bone is mending. If
all goes well, he'll be back to full training in the coming months and
should be 100-percent to fight in six months or less. We foresee him
making a complete and full recovery."

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Nog-arm_large
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir   X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir
Page 1 of 1