Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'

Go down 
+5
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
throwdownfight1
timthebim
9 posters

What will the result of the fight be?
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by Submission
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap25%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by KO/TKO
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap0%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by Decision
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap8%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Draw
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap8%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Brendan Schaub by Submission
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap0%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Brendan Schaub by KO/TKO
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_lcap50%Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Brendan Schaub by Decision
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:50 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/22/2182199/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-on-brendan-schaub-ill-submit-him

Former Pride and interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will be making his long-awaited comeback at UFC 134 in Brazil against Brendan Schaub. During his long layoff he had surgery on a knee and both hips, but is back to full training and excited to get the chance to fight in front of a Brazilian crowd. Tatame caught up with him to ask him about the fight, his health, and a few other things. First and foremost, what took so long to announce the fight?

We were waiting for the doctor to say I was good to go. I met him this week, I’ve asked the guys from UFC to wait a little longer (to tell that I’d be fighting in Rio), to check if I would have conditions to do actually do it. The doctor told me I’m ok, asked me to start training and he’ll be side by side with me until the bout, to check how I’m doing. I’m coming back after over a year without fighting, doing my trainings and regaining speed, but I’m feeling fine. I’m not 100% yet. The problem is my conditioning, because I’m completely healed from my injury.

Could just be the translation, but that doesn't sound too convincing to me. Another question soon after sort of heightens my suspicions on this topic:

Your greatest motivation is to be fighting in Rio de Janeiro?

Absolutely. I speed things up on my healing process because of this bout. I’ve focused on what I would need so that I could fight in Rio. I’ve never fought in Brazil. It’s a dream come true, fighting where I live, in my home. It’ll be nice, exciting. Representing Brazil will be cool.

Again it could be the translation, but how do you speed up the healing process? It almost sounds like he won't be 100% ready to go come August, but he's taking the fight because it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Hmm. Anyway, he then moved onto the topic of his opponent:

I’ll do my homework and watch his bouts. He’s a good boxer, uses the distance, but I’m prepared to strike. I won’t keep trying to take him down all the time. I’ll try to do my best, no matter where things are. I’m not worried about him. I want to be at my best, in a good shape, because I believe in myself. I want to be focused in being in my best shape ever. He’s a tall and thin guy, knows how to deal with the distance, he’s a good wrestler, he punches hard, but I’ll really go for it.

After some discussion of the matchups his teammates (Junior dos Santos and Anderson Silva) are facing, he gave a bold prediction for his own fight:

Among the confirmed bouts, which one do you believe that will be the best of the night?

It’ll be mine. I’ll submit him. It’ll be a good bout. He (Schaub) is a warrior. It’ll be a pretty busy fight for the heavyweight division.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Shaub to finish Nog.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:55 pm

I'll take nog by sub as well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Nog is rushing back for this bout and won't be ready. Hybrid tko.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Nog is long in the tooth and has spent the last year convalescing. Schaub will finish another legend.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Nog wins this. I voted decision, but I could see TKO or SUB too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:23 pm

I've got Schaub by KO/TKO. Basically what Ali said.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Same here, TKO early second rnd
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/14/2276434/big-nog-looks-to-have-put-some-pounds-on-during-his-time-out-with
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' H7NdR
Big Nog looks to have put some pounds on during his time out with
injuries. It's to be expected considering the lengthy lay off, but just
one more thing he has to worry about before his return at UFC 134.

Source: Sherdog.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 am

Maybe he did it on purpose? he needs the extra weight to deal with all these huge HW's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

freakzilla wrote:
Maybe he did it on purpose? he needs the extra weight to deal with all these huge HW's.
Not that kind of weight. A few extra pounds of fat will just slow you down. Unless he has some special fat that adds strength. Maybe he should raid Anderson's medicine cabinet, I saw some things in there that might help him out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:06 am

His game was never based on speed anyway.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 am

nog has faded fast and schaub will be too much for him gas tank wise and strength wise. The sub is always possible by all means tho.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

freakzilla wrote:
His game was never based on speed anyway.
Fat won't help him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 pm

There will be no winner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
There will be no winner.
I really don't see this being a draw or even a close dec. I think we will have a clear cut winner here, however it plays out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Lil Nog better have a pillow ready for Big Nog to land on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Ali wrote:
If he is out of the hospital in time after Ace whoops his ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Interesting fight, but I lean towards Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:30 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I love his track record against Brazilian southpaws too brah
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I love his track record against Brazilian southpaws too brah
LOL, that won't save lil Nog. The difference between him and those guys? lil Nog was never a UFC Champion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him' Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Brendan Schaub: 'I'll Submit Him'
Page 1 of 1