Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NBA Discussion Thread

Go down 
+10
Ziggy116
josh200612
timthebim
MMAEYES
cascade_run
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
OU
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Another rigged draft

Im sure it's just luck of the draw that the Hornets stand with the #1 pick a week or two after the NBA sold them to a new owner. I'm sure that was a bargaining tool to get the Saints owners to buy the team.

I'm also sure it was luck of the draw that Cleveland got 2 of the top 3 picks just a year after getting screwed by LeBron.

Or just like the 1 percent chance big market Bulls scored Derrick Rose or the not much better chance big market Clippers got Blake Griffin.

I'm fine with the Kings position of 5. It's where they ranked and i support the NBA adopting a legit system of worst to best with the draft. The lottery is too shady and even if it was on the up and up..which it isnt..it's still unfair to the teams that really need the help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:02 pm

I like the idea of a draft lottery but it should only be for the worst 5 teams and should be televised.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:56 pm

This has been a good game by both teams tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
This has been a good game by both teams tonight.

Very good game. Still anyone's to win. I hope the Celtics pull it off though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:25 pm

James no good at the buzzer again. Overtime. Gonna be tough without Peirce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Fucking refs ruin another game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Garnett with horrible decisions in overtime.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Celtics got hosed. The no call on the Wade decapitation of Rondo which led to a go ahead dunk by Haslem changed the momentum for good. KG didnt help.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Something very 2002 Lakers vs Kings about this series. Celtics should only have to beat one team to win a game. Seeing Rondo give a performance like that makes it all the more heart breaking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Rondo had the game of his life. Garnett was just horrible in overtime.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Well...it's gonna take a lot more one sided officiating to reach Kings-Lakers level of robbery, but Celtics were playing 5 vs. 8..no doubt. This is more Mavs-Heat 2006 level of shitty officiating. Not enough to top WCF 2002, but still enough to put the intended team over the top.

fact is, NBA wants LeBron to win a title. It's no good having a perennial loser be the face of the league.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:00 am

KG scored 10 of his 18 in the fourth, that was big in getting to the overtime. The three point shot was not the best but his foul on Wade was a good move, Wade more than any other player though always seems to have a knack for hitting those type of foul miracle drop ins.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:01 am

Garnett took two stupid shots, made a bad pass and should've hit Wade harder.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:38 am

Man I stayed up to watch the Heat lose, like they should have. Damn.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:03 pm

I've basically been on vacation but FUCK. Celtics need a face lift maybe Stern will give it 7 but who knows? I'm just ready for Rondo to dish it out to some hungry young's. It's gonna change next year BELIEVE that. I'm ready for it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I still think GDP likes the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Also Bobcats got screwed they'll still get Gilchrest but they needed a big man. Just go NFL style please. I was ready to buy season tickets cause they are dirt cheap here and if you do it this year they'll give you the second year for free. Should I do it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:16 pm

josh200612 wrote:
I've basically been on vacation but FUCK. Celtics need a face lift maybe Stern will give it 7 but who knows? I'm just ready for Rondo to dish it out to some hungry young's. It's gonna change next year BELIEVE that. I'm ready for it.
I don't think Boston is done just yet. I honestly think Bradley could have helped them out in this series, his defense was very good and I first got a look at the guy when he played against OKC when Ray was injured. Rondo was just amazing last night. Pierce got screwed on some foul calls, he missed big moments down the stretch. Call me crazy, but I think things could be very different for Boston right now. Not to mention if Jeff Green still shows the same potential he did in OKC, just imagine if Boston was 100% healthy right now, including Ray Allen.

Ya I know I want Green. Everyone talking shit about Rondo but he's FUCKING GOOD! REALLY GOOD! I'm just down that's all I want my team to win. Plus I'm drinking right now. I like the starting 5 but I want to dip in to Free Agency next year ya know?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:19 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Also Bobcats got screwed they'll still get Gilchrest but they needed a big man. Just go NFL style please. I was ready to buy season tickets cause they are dirt cheap here and if you do it this year they'll give you the second year for free. Should I do it?
I'm not filling MKG as the 2nd pick personally. I was talking to my buddy about that just a few min ago who is a big Boston and Kentucky fan(go figure). But he is a solid player, don't get me wrong. IMO Bobcats can trade down and get a big man and another productive wing.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
I'm not filling MKG as the 2nd pick personally. I was talking to my buddy about that just a few min ago who is a big Boston and Kentucky fan(go figure). But he is a solid player, don't get me wrong. IMO Bobcats can trade down and get a big man and another productive wing.

Might as well get the best player available right? He'll be good no Homer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:29 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Naw he is good enough that you won't be labeled a homer for thinking he is the 2nd best player in the draft. I personally think there will be a handful of players in this draft with better careers. But being the 6th best player in your draft is nothing to be ashamed of. I could be wrong. He is a solid player so I wouldn't complain too much if my team was taking him at #2. But IMO they would benefit more from trading down.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:32 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Naw he is good enough that you won't be labeled a homer for thinking he is the 2nd best player in the draft. I personally think there will be a handful of players in this draft with better careers. But being the 6th best player in your draft is nothing to be ashamed of. I could be wrong. He is a solid player so I wouldn't complain too much if my team was taking him at #2. But IMO they would benefit more from trading down.

True but might as well sell tickets. That's what Stern wants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Bobcats didn't get screwed. They tanked the season so screw them.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Bobcats didn't get screwed. They tanked the season so screw them.
they didn't tank, they just plain suck!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 pm

2012 Playoffs Statistics

Rajon Rondo
PPG 17.4
FG% 0.473
RPG 6.90
APG 11.8
SPG 2.6
EFF + 26.07

Russell Westbrook
PPG 22.6
FG% 0.445
RPG 5.10