Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
josh200612
killerofchicken
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/5/2607804/ufc-140-lyoto-machida-vs-jon-jones-early-fight-videos-career
[youtube][/youtube]
Awesome, right? Things start off going along as you would expect from
the debut of a future champion. Jones is controlling the ground, looking
good in the process, and then he hits this stunning suplex seemingly
out of nowhere, hurling Bernard straight onto his head. From there, we
get a glimpse of the Jon Jones that a lot of people don't love, as he
gloats over the fallen body of Bernard, then throws some shots, gets up,
and viciously punts Bernard straight in the ribs. Nothing illegal about
any of this, but it's certainly not the most sportsmanlike conduct
you've ever seen. Still, it makes an impression, and 92 seconds into his
career, it's clear this is a kid to watch.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:18 pm

i dont hate him for doing anything in that vid...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i dont hate him for doing anything in that vid...
At that link, in his 2nd MMA fight he holds his hands down and taunts his opponent. Bad habits I didn't pick up on until later on.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:32 pm

i guess he did hold his hand up after the suplex, that was kinda gay but that's Bones for ya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:57 pm

<<<<<
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm

This was posted before.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 pm

josh200612 wrote:
This was posted before.
Yeah but did it have a link to all his other fights as well as a writer telling us why to hate him?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 pm

He's a douche. I'm so tired of listening to all his stupid bullshit about "destiny" in pre-fight interviews. STFU dude
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Not a fan.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:44 pm

What kind of chance you giving your boy Kings
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 pm

I honestly don't know what to expect. I think if Machida comes in with his timing on, things can get interesting...if he takes too long to establish his timing like he did against Rampage hard to see him winning.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 am

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/anthony-miranda-mugging-attempt-ultimate-fighting-champion-black-eyes-20111205
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/5/2613930/an-unnamed-ultimate-fighting-champion-beat-the-crap-out-of-a-mugger
Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him Anthony-miranda_20111205115314_320_240_JPG
An unnamed "ultimate fighting champion" beat the crap out of a mugger in
Chi town. Is Bones there, or did someone in another city see him run
into a phone booth while pulling his shirt open? This reeks of his
pretentious ass (could've worded that better).
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 pm

No room for vigilantes. I hope they find this arrogant son of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
No room for vigilantes. I hope they find this arrogant son of a bitch.

I'd assume sarcasm, but given the rampant irrational dislike of Jones, Im not so sure.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 pm

ehh i didn't see anything too bad. Anderson Silva has in fact acted disrespectful and unsportsmanlike imo in a fight or 2 as well.

The only problem i have is when we have to hear how humble this kid is. And now it's like expected of him. I think he would be much more marketable if he actually embraced some of his flashiness and just were true to himself. He doesn't have to be the always politically correct humble GSP type. That's just not him. That's boring anyway. If his natural instinct is to be flashy and that is how he feels comfortable when fighting then why stop him?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Nothing to see here.

Especially the kick to the ribs. One of the more ridiculous criticisms I've seen in regards to Bones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 am

Quote :
"It's interesting because everyone keeps asking me, 'how are you going to solve Lyoto Machida's
puzzle?' But it's been solved already. I have blueprints. I really
think I have more technique than he does, more skills, more tools. I can
fight southpaw and do the same exact techniques and combos that I can
do in an orthodox stance. That's something that he can't do. I have a
really solid ground game. I have a third degree black belt in wrestling,
even though that's not possible. I'm a strong wrestler. I really feel
as if I'm the one that he should be worried about."

I'm sorry maybe it's because I was a fan of the guy before I really paid attention to him out of the cage, but damn, I really don't like this guy. He just rubs me the wrong way these days. I can't stand his cocky little smurk.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:59 am

Why is it every time someone says they don't like Jon Jones someone always calls it "irrational" even if there is a clear reason to dislike the guy? Punting someone in the ribs, posting on facebook or twitter he's already won the fight the night before, dumping Rampage the way he did after the bell in I think the third round, the attitude, the cockiness, the fake ass humble act. Yet somehow it's irrational dislike?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 am

Ludo wrote:
Why is it every time someone says they don't like Jon Jones someone always calls it "irrational" even if there is a clear reason to dislike the guy? Punting someone in the ribs, posting on facebook or twitter he's already won the fight the night before, dumping Rampage the way he did after the bell in I think the third round, the attitude, the cockiness, the fake ass humble act. Yet somehow it's irrational dislike?
What bothered me most about the Ramapage fight is when he came out crawling around like the guy from Bloodsport. His overconfidence has turned into straight arrogance. This kid thinks his shit don't stink.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 am

I don't mind that so much to be honest. He was trying to get into Rampage's head and did it in a moment where there could be consequences. Dumping Page the way he did after the bell rung for the end of a round was pure bullshit though. Thats a situation where if Rampage had retaliated he could have been disqualified. It was a bitch move.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

"That's a question I get a lot is, how crazy is it to prepare for Lyoto? But I truly think, how crazy is it to prepare for me?" said Jones. "I'm a big studier of myself, and I realize I do a lot of things people don't do -- flying knees, spinning attacks, and southpaw and just efficient orthodox -- I'm sure he's confused."
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Everything that he says is pure douche bag.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Everything that he says is pure douche bag.
he might be a d-bag but he's 100% right in what he said... he's more a puzzle than Lyoto IMO
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 pm

I wouldn't call him more of a puzzle, the answer is simple just not something thats easy to capitalize on. If you can match his athleticism with superior technique you can take advantage of those openings. The problem is he's easily top 3 in the athleticism department in the sport today so thats not really an option for most guys. Timing is going to be the key though, if someone can time him out and start landing they can beat him if they have good punching power.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him 467575996
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him   Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones pro debut(video) easy to see why people hate him
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next