Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help save Dan Miller's son

Go down 
+4
timthebim
oggy420
Andrew the Raider King
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Help save Dan Miller's son Empty
PostSubject: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

Saw this on twitter the last couple days. Also saw it on some MMA websites and Yahoo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Dan-Miller-8217-s-family-would-like-your-help-f?urn=mma-wp9882
UFC middleweight Dan Miller's son
Danny was born with a kidney disease that requires the child to get
daily kidney dialysis. He can have a normal life with a kidney
transplant, but insurance won't pay for the entire surgery. This is
where the MMA family has stepped in, and they could use your help.
AMA Fight Club in Whippany, NJ, will host a fundraising seminar on Dec. 3.
Jim Miller, Danny's uncle, will lead the day. He'll be helped out by
UFC fighters Dan, Charlie Brenneman and Andy Main. Their coach, Mike
Constantino, will also lend a hand. The cost of the seminar ranges from
$100-$175, with all proceeds going to the Daniel James Miller Foundation.

If you can't make it to Whippany, which is about 45 minutes outside of New York City, for the seminar, you can still make a donation. If you can, spare a few dollars to help the baby who Uncle Jim called "the toughest Miller."
http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.wordpress.com/how-to-donate/
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am

Alright, it won't be much, but I got $25 going out on December 1st. Let us be the best site of MMA fans getting money to help the littlest Miller out.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:14 pm

man i wish i had the cash to go to this, im gonna see if i can scrounge up 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:14 pm

I think I can do $25 also. Its tight because of Christmas but anytime u can help a kid.......
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I can do $25 as well
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:50 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 pm

As anyone who’s ever had major surgery or spent a significant amount of time in the hospital knows, medical bills in the US can far exceed what the average person can afford if health insurance doesn’t cover it. In fact, medical bills are the leading cause for personal bankruptcies in the United States.

It’s a terrible situation many Americans find themselves in. Just ask UFC middleweight Dan Miller whose 1-year old son is in need of a kidney transplant due to a genetic kidney disease. Not having the cash to cover the $100,000 cost of surgery, Miller opened the Daniel James Miller Foundation to raise funds to pay for the transplant. While many in the community have donated, the surgery is now possible thanks to sizable donations from the UFC, Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White.

“Zuffa went above and beyond to make sure that Daniel James Miller and his aunt Kathy, who will be the living donor, will have the absolute best health care and the funding possible to make the surgery happen,” AMA trainer Mike Constantino told MMAjunkie.com. “In addition to that, Dana and Lorenzo also made a substantial donation to the Daniel James Miller Foundation.”

“I would like to thank Dana and Lorenzo for reaching out to help Dan Miller and his family,” Constantino said. “Zuffa has proven time and time again that they take care of their own, and they should be recognized for that. These are the things that make being a part of the UFC family so special.

“I would also personally like to thank Reed Harris who was very instrumental in this and it is very reassuring to hear from him that the UFC has our back no matter how tall the obstacle.”
With the funding in place, the surgery has been scheduled for late January. The Daniel James Miller Foundation will remain open and will continue to accept donations since the Miller family will incur additional medical costs associated with the surgery and recovery.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:41 pm

thats pretty bad ass of the zuffa guys... respect, best wishes to the family
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:24 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/21/2652214/ufc-middleweight-dan-miller-talks-fan-interaction-his-baby-sons-tough
[youtube][/youtube]
UFC middleweight Dan Miller talks fan interaction, his baby son's
tough road, the Palhares fight controversy, his brother Jim's UFC on FX
main event, flyweights, as well as East Coast MMA's future with Fred
Richani.

For more info: Please donate to:

http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:20 pm

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/One-Tough-Kid-39239

Quote :
Why him? Why him? We got to experience Danny as a baby, and it
wasn’t fair what he went through. I can take the pain; it’s OK. I am in
the pain business. I didn’t want to see Danny go through that. I was
told a few times that Danny didn’t have a chance to live. I wasn’t about
to watch one of my children die again. There were a lot of sleepless
nights.

UFC Middleweight Dan Miller discusses his son's illness in Joseph Santoliquito's excellent feature
which also includes some telling quotes about Dan from his friends and
family. I'm somebody who is fortunate enough to know Dan Miller the
person, not the professional cage fighter, and this piece is the best
story I've ever seen in terms of capturing who he is, what he's carried
without complaint because his family needed him to, and why he should be
an inspiration to any new husband and father.

about 1 hour ago
Help save Dan Miller's son Twitter_tiny JustBlogGuy

3 comments
1 recs
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm

CSC Memorabilia is doing different auctions ( FB and Twitter ) and it goes to the Miller family. I won a Jim and Dan Miller signed glove.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/24/2730660/update-on-danny-jr-and-the-memorabilia-auction-hello-again-everyone
Help save Dan Miller's son 164862_1812826884863_1365759421_2030732_7824812_n
Update on Danny Jr. and the Memorabilia Auction

Hello again, everyone. Recently there were some requests for an
update on the ways to donate to the Foundation, as the Paypal is no
longer active, and for an update on Danny Jr. I can happily say that the
update page has been brought up to speed with information about the
currently running memorabilia auction, as well as where to send a
donation by check. Unfortunately, the news with Danny is less positive.
About two weeks ago, after battling an infection for the prior week,
Danny suffered a stroke. We are not yet sure of the what, if any, damage
he has suffered as a result but his parents are by his side and we
remain hopeful for the best. Thank you as always for the amazing
response to Danny and his struggles.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 am

That poor little kid, praying for the Miller fam
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:06 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/14/3242114/ufc-welterweight-dan-miller-joins-fund-a-fighter
MONTREAL - Fund a Fighter announced Tuesday that UFC welterweight standout Dan Miller has joined the FAF family, and that it will be waiving its fees for life for all fundraisers the company hosts to aid with Dan' son, Danny Miller's ongoing medical and prescription costs.

Danny, 2, was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) shortly after he was born and has been undergoing dialysis treatments several times per week ever since. In addition to regular trips to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for treatment, the youngster dubbed "the toughest Miller" by his uncle, UFC lightweight contender Jim Miller, takes several medications on a daily basis to lessen the effects of his disease.

According to Dan, he and his wife Kristin are hopeful that they can schedule a long-awaited kidney transplant for their son before the winter.

"I'm hoping the operation happens [by the fall]. We're still in the planning stages and are coordinating schedules and doing tests, but I think it will happen soon. I just want him to be happy and healthy and the operation will do wonders for him. The kidneys do a lot more than just filter the blood. They produce hormones and regulate vitamins and minerals in the body among other things. When he has a normal kidney, it's going to make him a completely different kid," Miller says."

FAF co-founder and Tristar owner and head trainer Firas Zahabi says that the Millers situation prompted the company to reach out with the offer to help alleviate some of the financial burden the family is facing.

"We're very excited to have Dan Miller join Fund a Fighter," Zahabi said Tuesday. "His cause is of the utmost importance."

Robbie Stein, who along with business partner Greg Hoffman makes up the remainder of the growing fighter fundraising hub's ownership group, echoed Zahabi's sentiments.

"When we began discussing who we would like to work with next after achieving our proof of concept with our first two fighters, Joey Gambino and Chuck O'Neil, we unanimously agreed that, given their situation, the Millers would be a perfect fit and could stand to benefit the most from our crowdfunding platform," Stein explained. "We're big fans of the Miller brothers and we're very happy that we can repay the family, if only in this small way, for the hours of entertainment they have provided us over the years. I'm a father myself and I can only imagine how it feels to be faced with this immense financial challenge that Dan and Kristin have been tackling. Hopefully we can help alleviate some of that stress and contribute to improving Danny's quality of life."

In addition to forgoing its fees, Stein made the first pledge to Miller's inaugural campaign on behalf of Fund a Fighter, to the tune of $500.

Although he will need to be on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of his life, this necessary operation will allow Danny to lead a more normal life without the need for constant medical care.

Last year the mixed martial arts community came together to raise money to help offset Danny's treatment and $10,000 per month in prescription costs the Miller's are faced with - a gesture that demonstrated just how close-knit MMA fans, fighters and media truly are.

"It was definitely overwhelming for us to get the support we did from the MMA community. My wife and I were in awe of the love and support ," an emotional Miller recalls. "It felt fantastic to know that so many people who had never even met us cared so much about Danny and our family and gave up what they could to help us. We'll never forget what people did for us."

The target amount for the campaign, which runs from today to October 14, is $3000. Depending on the dollar amount that they pledge, fans who contribute to the project will receive various sizes of incentives and rewards ranging from a thank you on the FAF website, to autographed collectibles like Miller's official UFC 152 fight banner.

Miller, Zahabi and Stein are all available for a limited number of interviews on a first come, first serve basis to discuss the campaign and FundaFighter.com.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm hoping all goes well for Dan and his family. Glad to seem him getting some support.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/24/3264527/ufc-152-dan-miller-vs-sean-pierson-son-good-news
Dan Miller will not be competing against Sean Pierson at UFC 152, but there's a very good reason for that. It had been reported that he was injured and forced to withdraw from the bout, but Mike Constantino of AMA Fight Club (Miller's camp) spoke to Bloody Elbow and confirmed that the reason for his removal from the bout was for something completely different - some good news regarding his ailing son, Danny Jr.

"Danny jr. is scheduled for his kidney transplant, finally approved. Mid September," Constantino revealed in a text.

As reported previously on BE, Miller's young son has been dealing with a rare kidney disorder that required a transplant. They created the Daniel James Miller Foundation in order to raise money to pay for the transplant, and the MMA community stepped up to help out. The transplant will now go down next month, which is excellent news and obviously a legitimate reason for Miller to postpone the bout.
If you would like to help Danny and his parents with the financial burden, please go to FundaFighter.com to make a donation on Dan Miller’s page.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

a refreshing good piece of news from MMA. best wishes to the family
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 am

Help save Dan Miller's son A2D5WNkCQAAYL3l
"Hopefully our last dialysis treatment for a very long long time."

Dan Miller's son has been admitted for his kidney transplant which the MMA community has given so generously to help little Danny pay for. Keep him in your thoughts in the coming days, with the hopes that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/7/3300805/dan-miller-kidney-transplant-ufc-philadelphia
Quote :
"In March of 2010, he lost all kidney function. Today, September 6, 2012, Danny is now peeing again! Words can't describe the emotion that we are feeling right now. He's still in the OR (operating room) but will be headed to his PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) room shortly. His new kidney function will be monitored extremely closely. Kathy is recovering in her room. We love you so much Kathy and can never thank you enough. Xoxo Daniel James..we love you so much!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help save Dan Miller's son   Help save Dan Miller's son Empty

Back to top Go down

Help save Dan Miller's son
Page 1 of 1