Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass

Go down 
+2
SlickMoneyXL
Aiolos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass Empty
PostSubject: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 pm

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS

peeps often forget about that alot. i said this before and i'll say it again angulo is all wrong for cotto. at best for cotto he manages to get a UD but going thru life and death in the process.

imo however i see angulo getting all up on that ass and knocking cotto out. angulo is technically more sound than margarito, has more power than margarito(especially in that right hand of his), has a good chin similar to margarito, prussures similar to margarito, and hits to the body too.

cotto at 154 is really small and his power at that weight class doesnt seem all that dangerous. cotto landed a vicious left uppercut on a one legged foreman and foreman didnt even flitch. cotto like always is going to lag it on the ropes where a fighter like angulo or margarito would tear his ass up.

angulo ko in the 10 if the fight ever happens

Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Arum doesnt need to snitch. Angulo isnt Cotto's mandatory. So how is Arum saving Cotto's ass?

If Arum doesnt want Cotto fighting Angulo then he wouldnt just make the fight.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Ummm... Illegal immigrant works for American money on National TV then complains about 3/4 million dollar purse? Look no further than Angulo getting an inch (being gainfully employed as an illegal immigrant) and trying to take a yard (complaining that a career payday was paltry). Shaw ratted his own guy out for being an ingrate. This was only a matter of time. I'm sorry unless you're a drug dealer you're not earning upwards of one million dollars in one year as an illegal immigrant, 3/4 million dollars and HBO publicity are red flags.

This is what I wrote in another thread about the same subject. Arum didn't rat on anyone to save Cotto. Was he trying to save Cotto when he put him in there with Margarito, Pacquiao or Clottey?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:05 pm

So Arum would cost one fighter money (Angulo) for another fighter (Cotto). Doesn't make alot of sense considering that Cotto is the much older fighter.
Back to top Go down
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:46 pm

cotto getting his ass beat for the third time doesnt help arum

he rather take his chances with chavez jr or some other low tier 154 pounders

remember this is a business for them
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 am

I've said this before and I've said it again.

If Bob Capone didn't want Cotto fighting Angulo, COTTO WOULDN'T FIGHT ANGULO.

Simple as that. Again, when is the last time a fighter "had" to face another fighter? If a promoter don't want his man fighting another fighter, they won't fight. A lot of the times it's unfortunate, but that's the way it is now.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:01 am

It seems highly unlikely that Arum would snitch, but these promoters are competing against each other, some times they'll do things like this.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 am

Diego408 wrote:
It seems highly unlikely that Arum would snitch, but these promoters are competing against each other, some times they'll do things like this.

If Arum snitched it was because he is a boxing promoter and all those guys hate each other, not because he was trying to protect Cotto. Dude has never protected Cotto. We've been saying Cotto is "damaged guds" for so long yet he continues to generate for Arum.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:12 am

I think if Arum did snitch, it was only to help himself out by getting Shaws boy out of the HBO spot light. Not a bad move BTW (if its true). Now more money for Top Rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass   I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass Empty

Back to top Go down

I wouldn't doubt Arum snitched on Angulo to save Cotto's ass
Page 1 of 1