Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?

Go down 
+7
Ninja
acccardinal12
captain organic
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
timthebim
Andrew the Raider King
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez
Frankie Edgar
Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Vote_lcap47%Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gilbert Melendez
Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Vote_lcap53%Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Empty
PostSubject: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:13 am

Frankie Edgar's next opponent most likely and what a hell of a fight this would be. I think Melendez gives Frankie a tougher fight than Aldo would. Who you got in this great fight?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Still taking Frankie, he has great wrestling and obviously has the power to level Gil.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I like Gil. I think he will beat Frankie up in the standup on his way to a UD.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Still taking Frankie, he has great wrestling and obviously has the power to level Gil.

Yeah I'm certainly not ready to start acting like Frankie has above average punching power by any means. He rocked Gray with an uppercut off a scramble that he didn't see coming at all. The following punches were extremely accurate and nice but I think we've seen enough from him to not expect those results with any kind of regularity
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:01 pm

I think Gil takes it but I see this as a more competitive fight than Frankie/Aldo
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Yeah I'm certainly not ready to start acting like Frankie has above average punching power by any means. He rocked Gray with an uppercut off a scramble that he didn't see coming at all. The following punches were extremely accurate and nice but I think we've seen enough from him to not expect those results with any kind of regularity

Agree again. One KO in 9 fights does not make for big power. Frankie's accurate striking over 3.5 rnds wore Gray down to the point where a nice short one on the chin buckled him. and it still took 2 more shots, the final being a super solid one, to drop him.

But I like Frankie in this fight, I just see gil being frustrated by Edgar's movement, and his inability to take down Edgar.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Agree again. One KO in 9 fights does not make for big power. Frankie's accurate striking over 3.5 rnds wore Gray down to the point where a nice short one on the chin buckled him. and it still took 2 more shots, the final being a super solid one, to drop him.

But I like Frankie in this fight, I just see gil being frustrated by Edgar's movement, and his inability to take down Edgar.

Yeah, that's how I feel about the finish. Of course, Edgar is continuing to work with Phil Nurse and we have seen examples of guys (Cain the first one that comes to mind) who have increased the power behind their shots by quite a wide margin over the course of time. I still think we pretty much know what Frankie brings to the table in that regard though, especially since his movement will always prevent him from sitting down too much on those punches

I did notice a big difference in his kicks in this fight though. I agreed with what Gray said during the countdown show that his kicks in that previous fight were just kind of slaps to score and then he moved out of the pocket. In this fight though, can't remember which round but it was after Frankie had taken control of the fight, he hit him with an outside kick and then came right back with an inside and they were both thudders. You could tell they did some damage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 am

I like Gil to get the stoppage here.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:48 am

Gil is the best 155bs guy out there right now.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:00 am

I like frankie on points in a close, competive fight.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 am

The board is basically split 50-50 in Frankie vs Gilbert and Frankie vs Aldo.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 am

freakzilla wrote:
You should make a Gil vs Aldo poll. The Frankie haters won't know who to pick.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am

Ninja wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I didn't realize Frankie haters existed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:22 am

Ninja wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Lol. I was actually thinking of a BJ Penn vs Jose Aldo at 155 poll.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:37 am

I think Edgar would win a close fight, it would be a barn burner tho
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm

OU wrote:
Ninja wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I hope no one thinks I hate Frankie just cause I pick against him. I'm not a fan but I don't hate the guy
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:58 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
Ninja wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I hope no one thinks I hate Frankie just cause I pick against him. I'm not a fan but I don't hate the guy

Quote :
[22:34:28 08/10/11] MMAEYES : props frankie

[22:34:37 08/10/11] MMAEYES : but I still hate you
you lyin' sack of dog turd! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

haha I was playing I don't hate the guy, I just have a few things against him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:02 pm

haha i know same here... BJ
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:02 pm

namely two wins(really it should be one) over my favorite fighter ever
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

yeah thats what i said... god! lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 pm

So you hate him because you think the judges made bad decisions? that makes sense tongue
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

No freak once again I say I don't really hate Frankie, I just generally have some kind of dislike for everyone that's beat BJ except Jens for whatever reason. I do think the judges fucked up their(BJ/Frankie) first fight decision but as I've said before I haven't seen the second fight and refuse to watch it for acouple reasons so I can't comment on that fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Would def be look like a great fight based on how these guys move in flow in fights recently, I'd lean Gil right now. If Edgar is gonna keep getting caught early, someone is gonna finish, I think Gil has the explosive instincts to finish what Maynard did no in two fights during the first round.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?   Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win? Empty

Back to top Go down

Frankie Edgar vs Gilbert Melendez- Who would win?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next