Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rap recommendations.

Go down 
+8
jewzilla
oggy420
OU
timthebim
bobbitt15
Ziggy116
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rap recommendations.  Empty
PostSubject: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 pm

I have neglected rap for many years so I don't know that much about it anymore. I like older Triple 6 like 6661, DMX, Slim/MM LP era Eminem, Tech N9ne, NWA and old school West Coast shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:28 pm

You can't go wrong with the new Bad meets Evil EP from Eminem and Royce Da 5'9
I hate to say it but the new Lil Wayne jams
All other rap of today pretty much sucks ass. You like Wu Tang? Go back and get some of their shit and some of the single artist solo albums.

I know you would love Gravediggaz. If you haven't heard there first album from the late 90's you HAVE to go listen to it now!

Goodie Mob, Mobb Deep, Cannibus, Dayton Family, D12 always deliver good shit too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Start with Gravediggaz now if you haven't heard them. It's a group formed by RZA from Wu Tang and I have never met a metal head that kinda liked Rap that didn't enjoy Gravediggaz.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
All other rap of today pretty much sucks ass. You like Wu Tang? Go back and get some of their shit and some of the single artist solo albums.

I know you would love Gravediggaz. If you haven't heard there first album from the late 90's you HAVE to go listen to it now!

Goodie Mob, Mobb Deep, Cannibus, Dayton Family, D12 always deliver good shit too.

No
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Im only talking about a new song I heard with him and Rick Ross. I havent heard the whole album yet. I didn't explain that one out all the way. That "How to love" song is horrible that is on every radio channel.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:34 pm

lol John
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 pm

YES SIR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 am

The best recommendation I can give you is don't listen to anything that was made in the past 5 years. None of it. Especially anything made by lil Wayne. If you really have to have a lil Wayne fix, find his earliest work but it has all been downhill since then. General rule for Wayne the newer, the shittier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:15 am

Lil Wayne makes my head hurt.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 am

freakzilla wrote:
He makes me hate humanity. Him and Drake. It was like when I found out Soldier Boy wasn't a parody/gimmick and was really selling records to people. If you listen to any of those 3 men, I don't respect you as a human, in fact I hate you for the crimes you have committed against humanity and pray that your life is taken for the good of the World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:24 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
He makes me hate humanity. Him and Drake. It was like when I found out Soldier Boy wasn't a parody/gimmick and was really selling records to people. If you listen to any of those 3 men, I don't respect you as a human, in fact I hate you for the crimes you have committed against humanity and pray that your life is taken for the good of the World.

Now that's a statement I can get behind. This guy knows what he's talking about!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:12 am

yea commercial garbage like Lil Wayne can die forever. I'm looking for hardcore, underground, gangster shit that reflects my bad assery.

Actually I have been on a Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five kick.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
yea commercial garbage like Lil Wayne can die forever. I'm looking for hardcore, underground, gangster shit that reflects my bad assery.

Lil Webbie- Savage Life(yeah it's old). G-Shit son. RIP Pimp C.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:48 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

That is about as hardcore gangster as it gets!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 am

UGK good?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
UGK good?
Is that a serious question? All Time Greats.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 am

ABN or just Zro or Trae by themselves is can't miss.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 am

want some freestyle check out the old DSR. Bat Bastard and Tum Tum FTW!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am

UGK is good. Old Gangsta Pat is another. I agree that the newer the Lil Wayne, the worse it is but he always has one song that jams on each album. I hate Lil Wayne and Drake also. It just seems like he always puts out a good song. Don't get it twised either because I can't stand him guys.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:37 am

UGK is good. Old Gangsta Pat is another. I agree that the newer the Lil Wayne, the worse it is but he always has one song that jams on each album. I hate Lil Wayne and Drake also. It just seems like he always puts out a good song. Don't get it twised either because I can't stand him guys.
That's like saying it would be "kinda cool" to fuck Jessica Biel.

Also if you mean by a song that "jams" you mean make me want to jam butcher knife into my ear hole then I agree.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 am

Start with Gravediggaz now if you haven't heard them. It's a group formed by RZA from Wu Tang and I have never met a metal head that kinda liked Rap that didn't enjoy Gravediggaz.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:12 pm

immortal technique

geto boys

Big L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm

OU wrote:
That's like saying it would be "kinda cool" to fuck Jessica Biel.

Also if you mean by a song that "jams" you mean make me want to jam butcher knife into my ear hole then I agree.

You can't like UGK and not like a few of Wayne's songs. It's the same down south style. That new song I heard on a local rap channel with Rick Ross is badass dude and I am no fan of Lil Wayne. The song is just good. I'm just being real. 95% of the stuff he puts out sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap recommendations.    Rap recommendations.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rap recommendations.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next