Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain

Go down 
+8
KingsOwn19
ohiovol62
Cu Bu
Bigs03
SOKO
JimboJones1
JerseyStyle
Farmer1906
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

"I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain Empty
PostSubject: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Who would win between you and Fedor [directed towards Cain]

"Definitely me. I'm a proud Mexican fighter. Anybody who steps in that ring with me, it's like **** them, I'm gonna beat them. The guy's gonna have to kill me. I think he's an awesome fighter, he's the best. It's not like the movies or TV with the biggest and most muscular guy going out there and he's the baddest guy, it's not always like that. Like Cheick Kongo, I don't look anything like him, but if you got the heart and the fighter spirit, that counts for a lot."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/14/1084844/quote-of-the-day-cain-velasquez-i
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Quote :
I'm a proud Mexican fighter

WTF does that have to do with being a fighter ? He takes that shit to far IMO
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:05 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Quote :

Being a "Proud Mexican Fighter" has its roots in boxing. Sometimes, commentators will even refer to non-Mexican fighters as fighting like a Mexican, which connotates a certain degree of heart, warrior mentality, and willingness to keep going, even when the odds seem insurmountable. Mexican fighters, at least in boxing, are known for this kind of bravado and a willingess to exchange with anyone.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:41 pm

IMO mexicans do have the most heart I have seen many wars over the years and they refuse to fuckin quit no matter how bad the ass beating. I would take fedor in this one but you gotta love the guys attitude he is a beast. Hell I give him just as much of a chance as just about anyone else. war cain
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I want some of whatever Cain is smokin.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 pm

While I dont think Cain would do well at all against Fedor at this stage of Cain's career, I do love his attitude. He is young and will only get better. Will he be able to beat Fedor one day? Maybe, but you gotta love that fighting spirit and that willingness to take on anyone. Id rather have him and Lesnar calling Fedor out instead of pussyfooting around saying, "aw, he's the best and I'll never be that good."
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I don't blame the guy for saying what he is saying. Do any of us expect him to say "yeah well I'll probably get my ass handed to me if it ever happens"?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:40 pm

what if lesnar said I am a Proud white fighter???

I like cain but this is a bit off. You always think you can win but dont bring race and build as your credible variables of winning
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm

It'd make more sense if Lesnar said "I am a proud American fighter" or "I am a proud Minnesotan fighter"
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:52 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Quote :

Everybody knows latino passion trumps all. lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Why are people concerned with him saying he's a proud mexican fighter?...obviously...he's a proud mexican fighter.

The absurd quote is "I can definetly beat Fedor Emelianenko". Cain would get knocked out or subbed by Fedor, sorry to say. I like Cain, i'm proud he's a mexican fighter, but remove foot from mouth.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Cu Bua wrote:

I like cain but this is a bit off. You always think you can win but dont bring race and build as your credible variables of winning

As stated before, its more analagous to saying "I am a proud American fighter." White is not a nationality. Also, I know a lot of mma fans were never boxing fans, but this "proud Mexican fighter" saying has had long roots in boxing and is not considered offensive. Cain has said in interviews that he grew up watching Mexican boxers. To be said to fight like a Mexican is a huge compliment in boxing. It is one of the reasons why many Mexicans had a hard time rooting for Oscar De La Hoya, because he did NOT fight like the stereotypical Mexican fighter. He did not fight like Julio Cesear Chavez or Marco Antonio Barrerra or Erik Morales, etc. etc. As mma fans, many of you have never heard these phrases before, but trust me, it is more about the style of fighter then a divisive attempt at nationalism or racism.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm

wheres is cain fan when you need him
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Who would win between you and Fedor [directed towards Cain]

"Definitely me. I'm a proud Mexican fighter. Anybody who steps in that ring with me, it's like **** them, I'm gonna beat them. The guy's gonna have to kill me. I think he's an awesome fighter, he's the best. It's not like the movies or TV with the biggest and most muscular guy going out there and he's the baddest guy, it's not always like that. Like Cheick Kongo, I don't look anything like him, but if you got the heart and the fighter spirit, that counts for a lot."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/14/1084844/quote-of-the-day-cain-velasquez-i

Eliminate a ref from the equation and that's exactly what Fedor would do
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 am

love it.. and jimbo has said almost everything i would say other then hug Cain's nuts haha... you guys blowing this up obviously have not watched a bit of boxing because its very commonly used phrase and since i am a proud mexican i will say that his heart and his warrior spirit isnt going to let him say umm Fedro es muy bueno tonces no voy a poder ganar! fuck no hes going to say im going to win so u know wat Kingsown take ur shit and shove it!

btw im a proud mexican fighter and anyone who says dumb shit is gonna get a long drawn out juicy cain hugging rant from me!
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 am

Cant you be proud without having to throw race in there?

It's also annoying when black people do it. Proud African American lol. I'm more European American than 99% of the so called African Americans. Yet I would never call myself a proud Euro American. My family migrated here a little of 100 years ago. Most "African" Americans have been here nearly 500 years.

It just sounds racist when some one is constantly throwing there race out there not to mention having a Brown Pride tattoo. I dont think a White Pride tattoo would go over to well.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:45 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
Cant you be proud without having to throw race in there?

It's also annoying when black people do it. Proud African American lol. I'm more European American than 99% of the so called African Americans. Yet I would never call myself a proud Euro American. My family migrated here a little of 100 years ago. Most "African" Americans have been here nearly 500 years.

It just sounds racist when some one is constantly throwing there race out there not to mention having a Brown Pride tattoo. I dont think a White Pride tattoo would go over to well.

Not to be a pain, but those African Americans who have been here nearly 500 years, did not choose to immigrate here as your family did. Anyway, its besides the point, being a "proud Mexican fighter" has more to do with the style of the fighter rather then the nationality. Its boxing talk.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 am

they just dont get it jimbo..(shaking head) they say things like " well can you just keep race out of it" but yet there the ones that make it such a big deala nd get a offended its a commonly used phrase and mexicans are very prideful as i know very well so its something that will always be around
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Cain, you just have to get used to it. Most mma fans dont really come from boxing, so these terms and phrases are new to them. I understand your frustration with them not getting it, but just realize, they are new to combat sports in general and will pick up the terms and phrases in time. I do find it funny though that some people are taking offense to that. Its like the same people who dont want to see a 125lb weight class, not realizing that fights in boxing such as Barrerra vs. Morales and Vasquez vs. Marquez were fought at 126 and 122 respectively, and have been some of the greatest fights of all time. No worries though, just explain it to them and thats all you can do.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

yea i grew up with boxing so i guess i dont even think anything of it when its said but now that im a hardcore mma fan it's jus bugs me that they dont get it haha and i always get shit for being such a nutthugger with latino fighters but hey thats how i grew up, cheering on Julio Cesar Chavez, Juan Manuel Marquez and many other boxers and now i do the same with MMA as u can see from my fave fighters list
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:19 am

JimboJones1 wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

As stated before, its more analagous to saying "I am a proud American fighter." White is not a nationality. Also, I know a lot of mma fans were never boxing fans, but this "proud Mexican fighter" saying has had long roots in boxing and is not considered offensive. Cain has said in interviews that he grew up watching Mexican boxers. To be said to fight like a Mexican is a huge compliment in boxing. It is one of the reasons why many Mexicans had a hard time rooting for Oscar De La Hoya, because he did NOT fight like the stereotypical Mexican fighter. He did not fight like Julio Cesear Chavez or Marco Antonio Barrerra or Erik Morales, etc. etc. As mma fans, many of you have never heard these phrases before, but trust me, it is more about the style of fighter then a divisive attempt at nationalism or racism.

I just wish people could say they are a proud fighter or they were a fighter and would love to fight the best. I would be dissapointed in my hispanic or black friends that stated they were a proud mexican or black fighter( being a proud man should go unstated and race just sucks imo. If lesnar said it all hell would break loose. Oh and i would be dissapointed if lesnar said it aswell! I guess I just expected a bit more from cain as I have quickly found him being someone I root for.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Quote :
If lesnar said it all hell would break loose.

Thats kind of my point. Maybe I made a bigger deal out of it then I should have and sure did not mean to piss anyone off.

Cains tat reads "Brown Pride" not Mexican or what ever nationality. If Brock had "White Pride" all hell would break out but since it is not politically correct to to pull a race card on Cain it is over looked and seen as a pride thing. I used to HATE hearing John Ruiz pull that shit when I feel he sucked.

I'm not say Mexican fighters dont have heart or the will to fight. I'm just saying I dont need to hear it ever interview or read it on your chest.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 am

ima get that shit tattoed on my forearms! MEXICAN PRIDE tho not brown pride
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 am

Ignorance is bliss in Cain's case. He'd get submitted or GnP'd into a TKO halfway through the first round.

And yes, the Brown Pride tattoo across his chest is just as racist as someone who would have "White Pride" tattoo'd across their chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain   "I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain Empty

Back to top Go down

"I Can Definitely Beat Fedor Emelianenko" - Cain
Page 1 of 1