Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106

Go down 
+5
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
CainVelasquezFan
timthebim
Primetyme199
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 Empty
PostSubject: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:12 am

Once feared knockout artist, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has admitted to being in such a disturbed state following his September loss to Junior dos Santos at UFC 103 that he felt like hanging himself in his hotel room.

Speaking to Croatian news site, Nokaut.com this week, Cro Cop said:

“I was very, very disturbed after the loss to Dos Santos. I was in such a state that I wished to hang myself in my hotel room so I would be gone. Three losses in my last seven fights is nothing but a disaster to me. That’s a terrible score and I’m not happy about it.”

“I already know some things that I did wrong both in the fight and in the preparation for the fight, but there are many questions that remain to be answered. I am seriously thinking about hiring a psychiatrist to help me out. I have already made some calls about it.”

“If someone offered me millions of dollars to quit my career right now I would not accept it. [Fighting] is my life and I don’t know any other way to live. I will make some changes in my training, because I wish to fight twice more in the UFC. I am a fighter, and I will find the motivation and strength I need.”

No doubt the UFC will give Cro Cop all the time he needs before throwing him back into the octagon against another of their young, hungry, heavyweight lions. Could the sport have simply passed the Croatian heavyweight by in much the same way it seemingly has with UFC legend, Chuck Liddell? We may find out more early next year.

http://mmawarlike.blogspot.com/2009/10/cro-cop-admits-to-wanting-to-hang.html
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 am

That is very disturbing to hear. Maybe he should get his head checked out.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:20 pm

hate to see this happen to one of the legend of the sport but it all went down hill went big gabe landed that kick
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah CVF, your right. But I think a lot of the Pride PPL didn't respect the UFC fighters too much. a lot of the guys on this board think that Pride was the superior product, but their track record isn't to good so far, just mediocre so far.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Maybe Andrew but still they have had there fair share of sucess. For some reason Cro Cop just never got it going in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Yeah CVF, your right. But I think a lot of the Pride PPL didn't respect the UFC fighters too much. a lot of the guys on this board think that Pride was the superior product, but their track record isn't to good so far, just mediocre so far.

Yeah you're right. Spider sucks. So does Rampage, Shogun, Hendo, and Big Nog. Chuck really showed up PRIDE when he went over dominated their MWs in that GP didn't he? Oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Anderson Silva and Minotauro are the only fighters to have constant success in the UFC since arriving after having a career in Pride. Henderson lost his first two fights to Rampage and Silva. Shogun lost his first fight and had trouble putting Coleman away before knocking out a past prime Chuck Liddell.

On the whole Prides fighters haven't done so well in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:59 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Anderson Silva and Minotauro are the only fighters to have constant success in the UFC since arriving after having a career in Pride. Henderson lost his first two fights to Rampage and Silva. Shogun lost his first fight and had trouble putting Coleman away before knocking out a past prime Chuck Liddell.

On the whole Prides fighters haven't done so well in the UFC.

Yeah, but Rampage and Spider were Pride guys. I don't know why people debate this. Pride was superior just about everywhere except the lower weight class like WW and LW IMO. That's where UFC was stronger. Chuck Liddell is past his prime, but you have to give the same excuse to CroCop, he is not the same fighter he was a few years ago, and the change has nothing to do with it.

Anyways, i don't think Mirko seriously considered anything. I'm more concerned about Andrei Arlovski playing russian roulette after losses.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Chuck is also 40 years old... Cro Cop is barely 35. Cro Cop has actually stopped advancing and even stopped actively trying to exchange with much more than a tentative jab and the occasional shot in the dark head kick.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 am

LudoCain wrote:
Chuck is also 40 years old... Cro Cop is barely 35. Cro Cop has actually stopped advancing and even stopped actively trying to exchange with much more than a tentative jab and the occasional shot in the dark head kick.

For a lot of years Cro Cop competed both in K1 and PRIDE. He's burned out and over trained. And has Hendo lost to anyone in the UFC except old PRIDE guys? And Shogun had a hard time with Coleman, who is also a PRIDE guy. Chuck is 40 yeah but was still embarassed in Japan by Rampage a couple of years ago and Hendo is 39.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Yea Chuck got whooped in Pride during his prime. The Pride fighters who have done poorly are the ones who have seen their better days, Wand, Cro Cop, Rua (blown out both knees)

Pride definitely had the better fighters but that was when the UFC was illegal here.

Thats sad to hear about Cro Cop.

There was a rumor going around about the UFC switching to a smaller octagon I think it would benefit him and other strikers.

He was good at cutting off the ring and going for the LHK. Its a lot harder to do in an open mat.

Plus it would help everyone with take down defense because the person being taken down would have a better chance of falling back to the cage than to the mat.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 am

CC is 35, but how old is Hughes again?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106   Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cro Cop admits to wanting to hang himself in his room after UFC 106
Page 1 of 1