Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
OU
Wolfgangsta
LA
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:32 am

Ugh please don't tell me this means Strikeforce will be kept around ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 am

Yea more fights and promotions is just sooo terrible.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 am

Ali wrote:
What? I'll be extremely happy if SF is kept around. I've been praying for it since the buyout. Hopefully with Gina, Cyborg and Rousey they can make another big push for women's MMA. It wasn't looking good for awhile but it seems to be changing lately.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

As long as SF becomes a minor league org with women's MMA and all the good fighters end up in the UFC, I couldn't care less
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
As long as SF becomes a minor league org with women's MMA and all the good fighters end up in the UFC, I couldn't care less
That's not how I want it but I'll take that over SF being completely absorbed by the UFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 am

They can develop talent and showcase some good young fighters, but guys like Gil, Jacare, Foot, etc need to be in the big time
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
They can develop talent and showcase some good young fighters, but guys like Gil, Jacare, Foot, etc need to be in the big time
That sounds alright. I wouldn't mind seeing some vets in SF along with the up and comers. The UFC said before that it would be easier for UFC guys to cross over then the other way around. I don't think it's a bad idea to let some fighters get back on track in SF and if they start to really build something bring them back over. But I think calling it a "minor league" is just going a little too far.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 am

Cyborg vs Cyborg! Make it happen!

SF should not only be a minor league but it should have the up and comers fighting the established guys who don't crack the top ten. That's what I want. Oh and of course Womens MMA.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 am

Fostering a strong champion in SF is a great way to create contenders as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fostering a strong champion in SF is a great way to create contenders as well.
I agree, SF has been great for helping some fighters build their brand. Both Jake and Nick benefited from SF in building their brand, same can be said for guys like Bigfoot and Jacare which is why people now want these guys in the UFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:34 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
What? I'll be extremely happy if SF is kept around. I've been praying for it since the buyout. Hopefully with Gina, Cyborg and Rousey they can make another big push for women's MMA. It wasn't looking good for awhile but it seems to be changing lately.

I won't mind if Zuffa get Strikeforce on ESPN here, right now it's on a shitty ass PPV channel.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I won't mind if Zuffa get Strikeforce on ESPN here, right now it's on a shitty ass PPV channel.
So for that reason you don't want SF to be around anymore? Showtime is a premium channel here that you have to pay extra for so being on PPV isn't that much different. You will still have your chances to see the fights even it's just by finding a link. No reason to wish for SF to disappear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

So for that reason you don't want SF to be around anymore? Showtime is a premium channel here that you have to pay extra for so being on PPV isn't that much different. You will still have your chances to see the fights even it's just by finding a link. No reason to wish for SF to disappear.

Yeah basically. And I'd give my left nut to have Showtime here, would gladly fork up the dough.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

You selfish little Scott, I want my SF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am

OU wrote:
You selfish little Scott, I want my SF!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

The Brazilian groundswell lead to this deal no doubt. Lorenzo said they want to have an ongoing business in Brazil. I'd imagine no doubt that would include having their female Brazilian champion fighting there if possible.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The Brazilian groundswell lead to this deal no doubt. Lorenzo said they want to have an ongoing business in Brazil. I'd imagine no doubt that would include having their female Brazilian champion fighting there if possible.
He did say it's possible they will have 4 shows in Brazil next year, which is great. Also I love how Lorenzo wants to get some of that young Brazilian talent and keep it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I don't think this really says anything about SF future longevity, contracts can tossed at any time.

She still has nobody to/no fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't think this really says anything about SF future longevity, contracts can tossed at any time.

Well at the very least the recent news about Gina and Cyborg make you more optimistic then before. The moves before this didn't offer us any optimism.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

well there is ronda. And that to me is the most exciting part of Cyborg resigning. Unfortunate part for her is that there is really no one in the world that is worthy of a challenge. Bellator got no one near here size. So she is kind of tied to SF wether she likes it or not.

Kind of agree about the future of SF. With SF losing Diaz, Reem, Hendo, is a female champ enough to keep SF relevant? It might, it might not. On the surface though it gives the look of SF hanging around.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Thing is they can sign her to this contract today and tomorrow terminate all of the women's contracts and close down WMMA in SF. It wouldn't surprise me really if it came to it soon. Without actual hot chicks to market, WMMA cannot be a real part of sports entertainment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Thing is they can sign her to this contract today and tomorrow terminate all of the women's contracts and close down WMMA in SF. It wouldn't surprise me really if it came to it soon. Without actual hot chicks to market, WMMA cannot be a real part of sports entertainment.
Well women's MMA is still in a better position today then it was just a couple months ago. The hope that women's MMA will live on is still there, it was starting to fade.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I dunno, Women's MMA get's a fair amount of TV time at the moment, and that is with Gina being on the sidelines.

I never expect an all women's MMA league, but throw a fight or two on a men's card and people watch.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Fights could be made for Cyborg and the wouldn't have resigned her otherwise. Makes no fucking sense. SF was never going to be folded. The idea it was is actually pretty fucking stupid, no offense to anyone who thinks that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:   Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce: Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg signs new deal with Strikeforce:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next