Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MFC signs deal with TSN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

MFC signs deal with TSN Empty
PostSubject: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Maximum Fighting Championships has signed a one year deal with Canadian sports network, TSN according to the Edmonton Sun. The article reports that TSN approached MFC owner Mark Pavelich as the network wanted an MMA property for its network.

TSN (The Sports Network) is Canada’s leading English language sports tv channel. It appears that MFC programming will be shown on TSN2. The network is owned by Bell Media (80%) and ESPN (20%).

Via the Edmonton Sun:

“It’ll help corporate sponsorship, it’ll help fighter sponsorship and it’ll help in every direction possible,” said (Mark) Pavelich. “They’ll make more money because I’ll make more money. Now, if you’re fighting in the Maximum Fighting Championship, you’re not just on HDNet in Canada, the US and Mexico, you’re on TSN2 and that’ll spread even more.”

Back to top Go down
Mister Real
White Belt
White Belt
Mister Real

PostSubject: Re: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Good for them, But Mark Pavelich is trying a little too hard trying to act like Dana or someone better.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Mister Real wrote:
Good for them, But Mark Pavelich is trying a little too hard trying to act like Dana or someone better.

I agree but I'm all for any mma promotion growing and getting bigger. I tend to look at these things from a fighters point of view, even though I'm not a fighter. And the more legit orgs there are the more money our favorite mma fighters make.
Back to top Go down
Mister Real
White Belt
White Belt
Mister Real

PostSubject: Re: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Mister Real wrote:

I agree but I'm all for any mma promotion growing and getting bigger. I tend to look at these things from a fighters point of view, even though I'm not a fighter. And the more legit orgs there are the more money our favorite mma fighters make.

I agree, I only don't like this because it gives Mark Pavelich more room to talk shit and act a buffoon.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm

I must say, i'm not a fan of the MFC simply because i think their shows are consistantly horrible. The fact that Mark Pavelich is a jerk off does not help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFC signs deal with TSN   MFC signs deal with TSN Empty

Back to top Go down

MFC signs deal with TSN
Page 1 of 1