Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink Empty
PostSubject: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/17/3345544/ufc-welterweight-champion-georges-st-pierre-signs-global-sponsorship-NOS-energy-drink
One of the narratives constantly following the sport is how much an athlete can build an image on his own. To become a brand all by yourself is quickly becoming a reality. We're a little bit distanced from the days of Tapout, and Kenny Florian sipping a closed can of Xyience, in other words.

Sponsors have to be diligent when it comes to the MMA landscape, however. The world of mixed martial arts is littered with landmines from the sponsor perspective. Some are small, like Jon Jones' DWI, while others are historic disasters. Mixed martial arts happily crafts its image in the shape of bloodied athletes, so the search for class embodied by an athlete can prove to be more difficult than it should.

Few athletes sincerely embody class the way Georges St. Pierre does, so that he's nabbing a blue chip sponsor deal is only logical.

"I feel privilaged to be in the family of Coca-Cola. NOS is a great energy drink. Sometimes you need a kick, being tired, you know? It's perfectly suited for an athlete like me", GSP added in our interview for Bloody Elbow.

NOS is one of the biggest energy drink companies in the world. They currently sponsor Ricky Stenhouse Jr, along with other NASCAR notables. And they're also the official energy drink of Major League Gaming; a league I'm ashamed to know little about, especially considering Street Fighter 4 is an official religion in my household.

Though looking at their website, it appears Mortal Kombat is one of their religions of choice; a game I remember fondly for being a good movie (from the perspective of a 15 year old), and its infamous violence, which was brilliantly parodied by another video game, of all things.

The pairing of NOS and GSP signals another major sponsor hat thrown into the octagon. Arjun Chowdri, the Director of Sports and Entertainment Marketing at Coca-Cola, communicated to me the significance of this marriage, echoing what I wrote; that GSP is the consummate professional, and a godsend for people that want to do business with a sport that continues to struggle, and grow at the same time.
GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink Drink_shoot_1_126369_medium
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't know that Ive ever had a Nos
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I don't know that Ive ever had a Nos
I have had the grape, it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Grape and Orange are great. The Lemon Lime is meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm

They made a drink out of.......

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Ludo wrote:
Grape just taste like Grape soda pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Grape just taste like Grape soda pretty much.

Pretty much. But Lemon Lime isn't very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink   GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP signs deal with NOS Energy Drink
Page 1 of 1