Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Nog would not train with a gay student

Go down 
+8
SOKO
timthebim
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
OU
josh200612
LA
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Big Nog would not train with a gay student Empty
PostSubject: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:43 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/19/2373055/minotauro-nogueira-would-not-train-with-gay-student

The spotlight on MMA is only going to get bigger, comments like this will start to cause the same kind of stir they would in other sports.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:50 pm

What a douche!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm

His gym, his rules.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I could see it getting awkward, just like some girls feel awkward rolling with guys.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Just didn't need to be said and it's an ignorant thought. Nog's my dog forever but not sure what he was thinking when he said this.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Brazilians have not been slammed with the PC hammer like Americans have.,,but if this gets through to GLAAD or whatever..they'll likely take their complaints to the UFC or sponsers and try to force Nog to publically apologize. They don't care if it's sypathetic, they just want to make examples...and yes, GLAAD totally would do that but Nog is a bit too low key at this point to get a huge reaction. I think this will be a no deal and i don't think any more or less of Nog for saying it. He has a right..maybe it's a religious thing or maybe he just does not like gays..even more so for somebody who isnt american and not stuck in our PC and most of the time hypocritical culture that violates someones rights to protect somebody elses i understand and accept Nog's preference.

As for training with gays(gay guys)..it's not a problem for me. The few i trained with were there for the same reasons i am..to train in jiu jitsu...and since even when i'm rolling with some hot chick the last thing on my mind is sex.. i can can give homosexuals the benefit of the doubt that they are there for the right reasons.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm

They can train at my gym and give me their money, but I ain't rolling with them
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 pm

I see Nogs point but to be serious when u run a business do u really want to turn people away?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:14 pm

timthebim wrote:
I see Nogs point but to be serious when u run a business do u really want to turn people away?

But what if he gets less business because of letting a gay guy in. I'd prefer to roll with straight guys so maybe I go down to street to Andy's gym.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

But what if he gets less business because of letting a gay guy in. I'd prefer to roll with straight guys so maybe I go down to street to Andy's gym.

Good point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 am

OU wrote:
His gym, his rules.

+1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:46 am

Can't wait to see Schaub send this dinosaur into retirement.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:53 am

Ali why do you have a Kurt Russell AV from Escape from New York or L.A.?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 pm

people roll with GSP all the time.

just fucking with you guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Ali why do you have a Kurt Russell AV from Escape from New York or L.A.?

Because Snake is badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:39 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
people roll with GSP all the time.

just fucking with you guys

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 pm

I am not a moralist nor do I push my scruples on anyone. This is nothing more than political/sociological pressure to make one person do something against their nature or desire, because it is the alleged right thing to do.

Remember! Morals are pictures on a wall, denial is a river in Egypt, and values are what one gets at Wal-mart....
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:33 pm

It used to be where you could say things and you didn't have to worry about if it was PC or it was going to offend one group or another, all people have views on one thing or another and this society has made us feel bad for them, if you don't want to roll with gay people then so be it, that is your choice, is it ignorance maybe but it is his view and I'm sure countless others as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 pm

He can roll with whoever he chooses. I can't believe this is a big deal.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Big deal.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Not even fucking close, if you think so Boomer, you go roll with the guy at some Turkish bath house and you can tell us about his 'big deal'....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:15 am

MMA isn't a little niche sport anymore, it's pretty bigtime, even before the Fox deal. It isn't really about agreeing with Nog point of view, just that shit like that doesn't need to be said. If an NFL D lineman or some shit was like I don't want to practice against a gay O lineman teammate, it would get a ton of negative attention, this is similar. We live in a PC world and the gay community is like the new african americans pretty much, you get the point there...

^Am I gonna take some shit for saying Miesha is a butter face?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am

I've being saying Meisha is a butter for awhiles now. Though she does have nice eyes, a certain sultryness about them.

But it's all about the ass with Tate.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 am

In nog's defense, things are different in Brazil.

And unlike the big 4 American pro athletes, the MMA guys are not schooled in the art of saying nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog would not train with a gay student   Big Nog would not train with a gay student Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Nog would not train with a gay student
Page 1 of 1