Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders Empty
PostSubject: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/7/24/2291493/ufc-quick-quote-sean-sherk-should-be-back-by-early-fall-wants-to-keep

"I should be back in early fall. I want another contender. Just want to keep fighting contenders and keep fighting guys that I feel like they have something to offer me, because anytime I fight somebody and I've been in the industry for so long, I've accomplished so much, anybody that I fight it's going to be a big fight for them. It's going to be a big win if they beat me. So I got to put my butt on the line and I want to fight another top contender. Someone whose got some momentum going so if I beat them it furthers my career as well. So it's kind of a win-win for both of us you know."

-- Hey, look who it is. It's former Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk. If you're having trouble recognizing him, it's because the Earth has nearly orbited the Sun since the last time he was on your television. Actually, he's fought just once each of the past two years; a unanimous decision loss to Frankie Edgar (who now holds the 155-pound title) at UFC 98 and a split decision win (in which his victory was considered a robbery and he was driving the getaway car) over Evan Dunham at UFC 119. Once one of the most active fighters in MMA -- Sherk fought eight times in 2004 alone and just nine times since -- steroid suspensions, injuries and bad luck have kept him from reaching the level he once performed at. But that doesn't mean he's ready to hang 'em up just yet. In fact, he tells MMA Fight Corner (via FiveKnuckles) that he wants to return in the fall and he wants to fight another contender when he does finally get back inside the Octagon. Considering how absolutely loaded the lightweight division is, he may end up fighting one by default. Got anyone in mind for him?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm

sherk looked terrible in his last fight and had so much ring rust. not only that he hasnt been fighting smart as of late wich caused him his last lost. he tries to entertain by standing there and trading with better strikers and ends up paying for it. i wish him the best on his comeback but i doubt we will ever see him as a title contender again, dudes getting old and injuries/long lay offs dont help
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:59 pm

How did he look terrible in that fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Sherk's body is falling apart, I'd retire If I was him.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:17 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
How did he look terrible in that fight

dude was gassing by the second. sherk in the past was known for having a gass tank even when getting a beating and like ali said, his body is falling apart, his best days are behind him
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 pm

He still had enough in the tank to get out of those guillotines all night.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:15 am

Ludo wrote:
He still had enough in the tank to get out of those guillotines all night.

yeah, thats the heart and skill of a former champ. im not knocking him, im actually a fan but as a fan i can say his better days are behind him.a healthy, primed sherk would of made rds 2 and 3 from the evan fight look exactly like rd 1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 pm

ive lost all interest in Sherk... dont care until he comes back to the cage at least twice a year
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
ive lost all interest in Sherk... dont care until he comes back to the cage at least twice a year
It's hard to focus on two sports. But he got his NBA ring last season so I expect his head to be back in MMA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders   UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Quick Quote: Sean Sherk should be back by early fall, wants to keep fighting contenders
Page 1 of 1