Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... Empty
PostSubject: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... should what?

If Stann wins he is a legitimate top 10 MW and within clear sight of a title shot. He might actually get a shot, because really, Silva has beat Maia, Sonnen, Belfort, Okami(possibly)... so who else is up there for the title shot? Maybe Silva fights GSP.... I think the best option for Stann though is as a TUF coach. He is intelligent and articulate and I get the feeling, fighting aside, that what he brings to the table as potential to be on the show would be positive. And fighting and training on the show, well, I'd imagine he is pro and well structured, with game planning and lessons to be effective in that position. Wouldn't be hard to get behind and juxtaposed against a Bisping or Sonnen... perfect.

If Santiago wins, his next fight should be for the MW title. No doubt at all. Since he was released from the UFC 5 years only 1 MW fighter imo opinion has been better than him, and it is debatable if any has been hotter. He picked himself up from a couple of bad KO's by finishing his next 8 in a row, two of those by flying knee on the same night to win a SF tourney, and another two a year later by sub than KO on the same night again to win a SRC tourney, his last four fights have been against two universally high ranked MW's including a redemption win from his only set back and a foty calibur championship match. Stann appears to be afighter more and more on that level, and like I said before, who else is gonna fight for the belt, another rematch? No thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Face Michael Bisping.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Maybe Stann, but why the hell would Bisping be worthy of Santiago if he beats Stann?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I'll go ahead and say what I did in the chat. Kind of thinking out loud.

If Stann wins: If the timing was better Vitor(if he beats Sexy) would be a perfect fight. But I think Stann should be given strong consideration for a #1 contender fight if he wins here. The UFC loves the idea of Bisping and contender fights so I guess that would be possible?

If Jorge wins: G is right, a title shot SHOULD be given. But it won't be. So he would be in a similar situation to Stann. Put him in a #1 contender fight. Maybe if Mayhem gets by Simpson you could have Jorge vs Mayhem and get some new blood in there for a title shot.

fun idea. Ace has talked about taking a fight at MW. Why not give him the loser of this fight? I think it would be a fun fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Maybe Stann, but why the hell would Bisping be worthy of Santiago if he beats Stann?

Why not ? they were already set to give Bisping a title eliminator against Sonnen before the whole CSAC mess.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Them wanting to exploit an idiot personality for money doesn't make him worthy of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Them wanting to exploit an idiot personality for money doesn't make him worthy of shit.

Santiago needs to be built up for a title shot, one win over Stann isn't going to whip the casual fans into a frenzy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Santiago needs to be built up for a title shot, one win over Stann isn't going to whip the casual fans into a frenzy.

Dude this is supposed to be a legitimate sport, not WWE.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Bisping is just as much in the mix as Santiago. Since when is he a bad fighter? I know he is a jerk sometimes but the fact the very mention of his name getting fights against other top ten opponents inspires a seething rage amongst many fight fans. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Are we saying what SHOULD happen or what we think WILL happen? Often times two very different things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

It's also a business.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

This is the fight game bro. I learned a while ago to stop raging on very much required promotional fight booking strategies and accept the fight game for what it is. It will always be part WWF. Always. Boxing is the same way. Do not compare Prize fighting to ESPN brand sports. They are and never have and never will be the same.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Bisping is between Santiago and Stann smelling the top ten. Santiago has been there for a while finishing fighters. there is no reason he shouldn't get a fight with a top ten MW, but a fight with Santiago if he beats Stann is not a fight he should be getting at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

This is the fight game bro. I learned a while ago to stop raging on very much required promotional fight booking strategies and accept the fight game for what it is. It will always be part WWF. Always. Boxing is the same way. Do not compare Prize fighting to ESPN brand sports. They are and never have and never will be the same.

Mr.Cooperate now I see.
Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_T-0xZS3DGfUVRGzlzkjhg6Wl9JIlHWXMVpV6_98ftfRC77Xzng
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Never have, yes, never will, I hope the fuck not. We'll be talking about fixes soon I imagine.

Doesn't mean my preference should be entertainment over sports. I know how the people that run the show do it, but I've got no reason to be complacent with that kind of bs. I wanna see the guys who deserve it get ahead based on their actions and not their words.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:23 pm

GDP the reality of the world since the beginning of time is no reason to be complacent?

But even if that wasn't the case, you have no real reason to be upset anyway. Santiago vs Bisping is a the fight that should happen if Santiago wins. Santiago's suspect chin failed him once during his "top ten" run and the only truly elite fighters he face were Misaki and...Misaki. Bisping's last three opponents alone since his Wandy loss are arguably of better quality than Santiago's entire run. I am not hating on Santiago, but he was one of those obligatory top-ten spots given to the best outside the UFC. Kang, Miller, Sexyama(who flattened Misaki at Yarennoka!!), Leben and Rivera trump anything on dude's record x 2.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Miller, Akyama and Riviera... better than Santiago's recent work? lol, noted thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Lol thanks?

Counter the argument like a big boi.

United States Brian Stann UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill 02011-05-28May 28, 2011 United States Las Vegas, Nevada
Win 23–8 Japan Kazuo Misaki TKO (corner stoppage) Sengoku 14 02010-08-22August 22, 2010 5 4:30 Japan Tokyo, Japan Defended Sengoku Middleweight Championship, Fight of the Year
Win 22–8 Poland Mamed Khalidov Decision (unanimous) Sengoku 12 02010-03-07March 7, 2010 5 5:00 Japan Tokyo, Japan Defended Sengoku Middleweight Championship
Loss 21–8 Poland Mamed Khalidov TKO (strikes) Sengoku 11 02009-11-07November 7, 2009 1 2:45 Japan Tokyo, Japan Non title fight
Win 21–7 Japan Kazuo Misaki Technical submission (rear naked choke) Sengoku Rebellion 2009 02009-01-04January 4, 2009 5 3:26 Japan Saitama, Japan Won Sengoku Middleweight Championship
Win 20–7 Japan Kazuhiro Nakamura KO (punches) Sengoku 6 02008-11-01November 1, 2008 3 0:49 Japan Saitama, Japan Sengoku Middleweight Grandprix 2008 Final Round
Win 19–7 Afghanistan Siyar Bahadurzada Submission (heel hook) Sengoku 6 02008-11-01November 1, 2008 1 1:10 Japan Saitama, Japan Sengoku Middleweight Grandprix 2008 Semifinal Round
Win 18–7 United States Logan Clark Submission (arm triangle choke) Sengoku 5 02008-09-28September 28, 2008 2 3:35 Japan Tokyo, Japan Sengoku Middleweight Grandprix 2008 Opening Round
Win 17–7 Japan Yuki Sasaki Submission (armbar) Sengoku 2 02008-05-18May 18, 2008 3 2:10 Japan Tokyo, Japan
Win 16–7 South Africa Trevor Prangley TKO (knees to the body) Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives 02007-11-16November 16, 2007 1 2:31 United States San Jose, California, United States Won Strikeforce Middleweight Grand Prix Final
Win 15–7 United States Sean Salmon KO (flying knee) Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives 02007-11-16November 16, 2007 1 0:24 United States San Jose, California, United States Strikeforce Middleweight Grand Prix Semifinal
Win 14–7 United States Jeremy Horn Submission (triangle choke) UAFC: Art of War 3 02007-09-01September 1, 2007 1 3:02 United States Dallas, Texas, United States
Win 13–7 Russia Andrei Semenov TKO (punches) BodogFight: Clash of the Nations 02007-04-14April 14, 2007 2 4:48 Russia St. Petersburg, Russia

Nakamura was cut by the UFC after an abysmal run and hasn't been great at 185 since he left. Misaki is his best win but Misaki has lost plenty recently too and would have a loss to Akiyama on his record if the Japanese officials weren't retarded. Akiyama KTFO'd dude. Khalidov is good and has done a great job feasting off UFC washouts, but Santiago was also KO'd by him once as well. Logan Clark, Jeremy Horn, Trevor Prangley all have fought in the big shows but none are the level of the UFC fighters Bisping has been defeating anymore. Bisping has only lost to GOATs or champions. Bisping has UFC seniority.

Literally Akiyama alone equals Santiago's best win.
GDP you're struggling to make your case here man.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Santiago is good sure, but Rivera, Miller, Akiyama, Leben ect could have all made it to the finals of that Sengoku tournament rather easy. Bisping right now should be ranked higher and is probably the better fighter anyway. I'd at least be interested to see who is.

GDP your hate of Bisping is clouding your perception of the division.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm a fan of Santiago but don't think he's in a one win and title shot scenario. Another fight against a top quality fighter please

If Stann wins, I fully expect a Stann-Bisping TUF
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:56 pm

My dislike for Bisping has no bearing at all on where I think his place is currently, he doesn't show he is there yet, his talk might sway that argument for some, but he has not looked exceptional in a fight in a while, if he had, then the conversation is different. Nothing about what he has done in the past few years has convinced me he is a better fighter than Santiago, he gets dropped no problem in that fight. You've seen the two fight, this is amusing me. After Kang beat him up in the first then gassed out in the seconds is the last time I recall Bisping looking real good.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:08 pm

There is a chance both Bisping or Santiago could finish each other based on recent performances. Neither can take a lot of damage. Both are at least a win from each other away from a shot.

Bisping looked like Bisping in his last three fights. All victories against tough UFC opponents.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:11 pm

I agree with that, the disagree right now is what we think bisping looking like bisping actually looks like. I don't see him ever significantly breaking out of the middle of the rest MW pack with what he has shown. Santiago, I can and has a great chance to justify my opinion. Stann though..... He is no doubt capable of putting either of em to sleep if he connects some good shots.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Bisping's power to chin ratio would probably prevent me from picking him against either of these guys
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Bisping's power to chin ratio would probably prevent me from picking him against either of these guys

True. That has always been his problem. However if he ever sat down on his punches he could do more damage. Technically he is a much better fighter than Stann most of his career, though now he looks vastly improved, and Santiago has a similar chin issue that Bisping could exploit. Bisping by far has faced better opposition than either of these two in the last two years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....   Winner of Stann vs Santiago should.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Winner of Stann vs Santiago should....
Page 1 of 1