Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?

Go down 
+4
timthebim
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? Empty
PostSubject: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:05 pm

***BUMPED THREAD***
Plenty to pick from. You can even throw in Thiago's mess and pull out of the Rampage fight.

Last edited by OU on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:08 pm

1. Cain injury, really wanted to see him fight JDS.
2. Thiago Silva's mess. It fucked up 2 fights. Davis vs Hamill and Rampage vs Thiago.
3. Jon Jones, frustrating that Evans waited that long only to be forced to fight Phil Davis.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Cain Velasquez
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Cain for me, it would have been awesome to see Cain vs JDS
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:34 pm

The Jon Fitch injury didn't really both me, I didn't care to see the rematch anyways.
The Edgar and Maynard injuries didn't really bother me since they aren't out for that long.
The Brock injury doesn't bother me too much, except for the fact I wanted to see him get KTFO. But JDS still has a similar matchup vs a fighter of similar rank.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:13 pm

To me it was the Frankie and Maynard injuries. I was really pumped for the 3rd fight between these to guys after there last fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Bones..WTF

A very very close 2nd is Maynard-Gray. I wouldn't have minded one or the other if Pettis could have stepped in.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Thiago was there until the hype train of Evans v Jones, I want to see that
Brock can take him or leave him, and think JDS will make just as short of work as Carwin as Lesnar
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 pm

We have a ton to add to this list now. The GSP injury is such a bummer because he will be out until late January at the earliest. So what happens if Nick beats BJ? That would be a long ass wait.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

OU wrote:
We have a ton to add to this list now. The GSP injury is such a bummer because he will be out until late January at the earliest. So what happens if Nick beats BJ? That would be a long ass wait.

Make Nick fight again. He needs more than a win over Penn and a bunch of nobodies. If Fitch beats Hendricks then that is the obvious match up for GSP. Then GSP beats Conit & Fitch/Diaz winner and leaves the WW division.

Nick isn't beating BJ anyway.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

OU wrote:

Horrible bump! I thought Cain got injured at first and started looking for info on the injury and then came back to see if this was a bumped thread.

Asshole!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:46 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

Horrible bump! I thought Cain got injured at first and started looking for info on the injury and then came back to see if this was a bumped thread.

Asshole!

Ditto.

I didn't even remember that injury at first.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

Asshole!

Ditto.

I didn't even remember that injury at first.

me neither. I was like, nooooooooooooo! Not the FOX Show!!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah i also thought this was a new thread lol.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 am

My bad, I thought this was a topic that could be brought back up without issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 am

Was gutted with the whole Thiago fiasco, him and Page would have gave use on helluva fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 am

Hopefully the note I added to the OP will help any confusion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

It's been a crazy year for not just injuries but main event injuries. I forget the crazy number of main events this year that have been effected by injuries. Can't remember where I read about it the other day. I remember it was 4 of the last 12 main events.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm

OU wrote:
It's been a crazy year for not just injuries but main event injuries. I forget the crazy number of main events this year that have been effected by injuries. Can't remember where I read about it the other day. I remember it was 4 of the last 12 main events.

Wow thats crazy. 1 out of every 3 cards we lose the main event.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 am

OU, as an original member of this board, I recommend you be slapped lightly upon each wrist for such a douche bag move! It sounds as though you have made other members cry and shit themselves. I haven't even worried about Cain vs JDS getting injured, because that is not going to be the best fight that night. Bendo vs Guida! FOTN, bank it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:51 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
OU, as an original member of this board, I recommend you be slapped lightly upon each wrist for such a douche bag move! It sounds as though you have made other members cry and shit themselves. I haven't even worried about Cain vs JDS getting injured, because that is not going to be the best fight that night. Bendo vs Guida! FOTN, bank it.
I'm sorry, I thought you guys were smart enough to keep up. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:57 am

OU wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I'm sorry, I thought you guys were smart enough to keep up. My mistake.

There you go thinking again....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:58 am

This is obviously a thread that can be revisited down the road. But I'll keep the HUGE reminder on the first post for the slower posters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?   Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most disapointing injury/fight pull out so far?
Page 1 of 1