Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howard's post-fight eye injury images

Go down 
+3
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
Primetyme199
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Howard's post-fight eye injury images Empty
PostSubject: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 am

Howard's post-fight eye injury images Photo-1-300x225

Howard's post-fight eye injury images Image-300x225
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

looks better in that pic. During the fight it was alot worse.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 am

That is like the size of a baseball!!!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
looks better in that pic. During the fight it was alot worse.

Yeah, swelling seems to be down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 am

I couldn't understand why the fans were booing, it was so obvious he couldn't continue.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I couldn't understand why the fans were booing, it was so obvious he couldn't continue.

Because a lot of MMA "fans" are uneducated, barbaric meatballs that only want to see carnage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Because a lot of MMA "fans" are uneducated, barbaric meatballs that only want to see carnage.

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Sad but true.

It seriously makes my blood boil when the jerks start booing because there is a ten second span without any action. Or when there is some good ground game going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:04 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Sad but true.

It seriously makes my blood boil when the jerks start booing because there is a ten second span without any action. Or when there is some good ground game going on.

I hate that too, they barely give the fighters a chance to get warmed up and active before the boos ripple from the crowd. I understand they want knockouts but for goodness sake show some patience and respect for the different aspects of MMA.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:19 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Sad but true.

No doubt I fucking hate that shit.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Im with u guys that shit does suck!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:35 pm

The best was this past Saturday in Maryland. The top guy was in mount working and people in the crowd were screaming to have them stand up.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:47 pm

You know I just thought about it you know how the refs always react to the crowds? Why do they do that? If the crowds booing they are more likely to stand it up or breakup the clinch game but the promotion doesn't pay them what do they care if the people don't like what they are seeing? The athletic commissions pay them so they shouldn't give a rats ass what the crowd wants to see and just ref the mma match right!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:09 pm

In all the fights I've worked I haven't seen a ref listen to the crowd reaction to make a decision.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
In all the fights I've worked I haven't seen a ref listen to the crowd reaction to make a decision.

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems to me that I've seen some refs reacting to the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Often times in a situation that can go either way in terms of letting it go or standing it up/seperating the crowd CAN be a good measuring stick, but in the end the ref has to make a judgement call.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems to me that I've seen some refs reacting to the crowd.

I think some refs stand fighters up quick but its more to do with there reffing style than the actual crowd.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 pm

timthebim wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

I think some refs stand fighters up quick but its more to do with there reffing style than the actual crowd.

I agree with that 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howard's post-fight eye injury images   Howard's post-fight eye injury images Empty

Back to top Go down

Howard's post-fight eye injury images
Page 1 of 1