Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NBA PLAYOFFS!!!

Go down 
+15
jewzilla
cascade_run
VI68IX
Birdofthad
SOKO
GDPofDRC
OU
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
LA
josh200612
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
NoRegret
timthebim
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 pm

cascade_run wrote:
I have my supsicions about the game, cruising along up by 15, I have to think a call came in from the main office and they were like hey, we need at least 5 games cause the lockout is coming. That is the only reason I can explain why the were jacking up shitty shot after shitty shot, working no form of offense and pretty much letting Dallas score at will. Heat in 6

i pray to Oprahs vag that this was a joke...
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:36 pm

cascade_run wrote:
timthebim wrote:
The Heat just flat out blew the game. No BS with the ref and Commish.

You really never know

I will give Dirk all the credit he deserves, he has been amazing in the Playoffs, from taking down the Blazers to running his way through the Western Conference, I am just dumbfounded that Miami's whole offense and defensive game changed that much, they couldn't execute and the shots they took were horrible, it was like they said we know we can drive and get on the line or dunk or make layups, but we are going to continue to shoot these low percentage shots and see what happens. And I thought Bosh should've fouled him, it was like they forgot how to play the game the right way. So much so that you never really know

ur serious about this? dude get the fuck out of here!!! omfg LOL

im seriously laughing my ass off at u
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:07 am

killerofchicken wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
timthebim wrote:

You really never know

I will give Dirk all the credit he deserves, he has been amazing in the Playoffs, from taking down the Blazers to running his way through the Western Conference, I am just dumbfounded that Miami's whole offense and defensive game changed that much, they couldn't execute and the shots they took were horrible, it was like they said we know we can drive and get on the line or dunk or make layups, but we are going to continue to shoot these low percentage shots and see what happens. And I thought Bosh should've fouled him, it was like they forgot how to play the game the right way. So much so that you never really know

Laugh away I didn't write it with the intention of making you laugh but hell some people just laugh at different shit, Miami looked like they had no offense or defense for the last part of the game, what is the reason why, some can say cocky or arrogant, but to me that was just pure stupidity, the likes you don't have in the NBA finals, Lebron and Dwade stopped defending and driving the ball. Plus there is so much shit about all sports that we don't even know about, and unless you know for a fact you can't say one way or the other. Now put your rose colored glasses back on and keep looking at the world how you want.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:01 am

cascade_run wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
timthebim wrote:

You really never know

Laugh away I didn't write it with the intention of making you laugh but hell some people just laugh at different shit, Miami looked like they had no offense or defense for the last part of the game, what is the reason why, some can say cocky or arrogant, but to me that was just pure stupidity, the likes you don't have in the NBA finals, Lebron and Dwade stopped defending and driving the ball. Plus there is so much shit about all sports that we don't even know about, and unless you know for a fact you can't say one way or the other. Now put your rose colored glasses back on and keep looking at the world how you want.

again, i cant help but laugh at you... out of all seriousness

so because a team looked like shit, it was because the comish called in and told them to lose? i have so many things to say to you that i don't even know where to start, ur best excuse for a lame ass performance by the drama queen heat in the 4th quarter is that they were told to lose by the comish of the league! get out of here man... ur losing any nba credibility you had on this site...

BY THE WAY! dallas made 3 comebacks JUST like the one against miami in these playoffs alone, but we wont give them ANY credit in that win since the Heat let them win... ur lucky im drunk because i'd keep rambling away OMFG, i still can't believe ur serious man
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:17 am

They thought it was over and took their foot off the gas, they also insulted Dallas by celebrating too early. Dallas stepped up, started hitting some shots, Miami got cold and a little scared, Dallas came all the way back and won, game/
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 pm

LA wrote:
They thought it was over and took their foot off the gas, they also insulted Dallas by celebrating too early. Dallas stepped up, started hitting some shots, Miami got cold and a little scared, Dallas came all the way back and won, game/

exactly.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 pm

game 3 is tonight, let's see who got the call from the comish tonight
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:42 pm

LA wrote:
Miami swept all 3 in 06 vs Dallas

I see 2 of 3, game 6 loss, possible game 7, hoping for a sweep though.

yup the word rare does entail that it does happen, although infrequently.

I remember Bird saying the same thing, how the team with the 3 home games has an advantage. and not long after that, Bird and the celts lost game 4 to the Lakers in the 87 finals(the magic hook shot), falling to 3-1 and for all intensive ending the series. And those Celt teams were fantastic at home.

But with the opening split, the Mav's can now win "only" 2 of the 3 and still go back to Miami up in the series.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:58 pm

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
and back at LA regarding Rose.

29.8 ppg, 9.8 apg, 45% fg vs Atl. Those are fantastic #'s. And don't give me that he was "killing the team" they won each of the first 2 series. So he did not "kill the team" in those series. the quite opposite in fact. He carried the team.

Dude enough, and Indiana series ignored....., he was able to get away with bad shooting nights because Atlanta is got that good a team. Game 1 11-27 L, Game 2 10-27 W got away with it, Game 4 12-32 L. I guess you didn't get the point, but bad shooting nights kill teams, and I said when those teams are not...as quality, you can get away with it. The overall point was that you were trying to over elevate Miami's D, when I said he had those same bad nights in the previous two series, but the teams weren't as good.

Bottom line, u overstated how bad Rose had been in the playoffs, especially in the previous series. Dude was a fraction away from being 30 & 10 vs Atlanta. And he avg'd 27 ppg vs Indy, scored 30+ in the first 2 games which set the tone, and capped it with 25 pts in the blowout series clincher. So it is not as though I need to avoid that series from this side of the debate.

Was he up and down? yeah I said that at the start. was he still, by far the best player on a team that made it to the ecf's? clearly.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

I remember Bird saying the same thing, how the team with the 3 home games has an advantage. and not long after that, Bird and the celts lost game 4 to the Lakers in the 87 finals(the magic hook shot), falling to 3-1 and for all intensive ending the series. And those Celt teams were fantastic at home.

But with the opening split, the Mav's can now win "only" 2 of the 3 and still go back to Miami up in the series.

LA you dont remember when Detroit won game 3,4 and 5 against someone, sorry had to haha
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

LA you dont remember when Detroit won game 3,4 and 5 against someone, sorry had to haha

I posted the most recent example...

5 Championships since 2000, 7 Finals appearances while we're talking.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:30 pm

sorry was just giving ya ahard time
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
and back at LA regarding Rose.

29.8 ppg, 9.8 apg, 45% fg vs Atl. Those are fantastic #'s. And don't give me that he was "killing the team" they won each of the first 2 series. So he did not "kill the team" in those series. the quite opposite in fact. He carried the team.

Dude enough, and Indiana series ignored....., he was able to get away with bad shooting nights because Atlanta is got that good a team. Game 1 11-27 L, Game 2 10-27 W got away with it, Game 4 12-32 L. I guess you didn't get the point, but bad shooting nights kill teams, and I said when those teams are not...as quality, you can get away with it. The overall point was that you were trying to over elevate Miami's D, when I said he had those same bad nights in the previous two series, but the teams weren't as good.

Bottom line, u overstated how bad Rose had been in the playoffs, especially in the previous series. Dude was a fraction away from being 30 & 10 vs Atlanta. And he avg'd 27 ppg vs Indy, scored 30+ in the first 2 games which set the tone, and capped it with 25 pts in the blowout series clincher. So it is not as though I need to avoid that series from this side of the debate.

Was he up and down? yeah I said that at the start. was he still, by far the best player on a team that made it to the ecf's? clearly.

I overstated nothing, from the first post on this I said his shooting performances are hurting his team, especially when I guys gets his shot up like Rose was. And that he had those same poor shooting nights in every rd after you were acting as if Miami's D was on some other level. A PG can be finding his teammates with open passes, but they can affect his assist totals as much as anything, unless you can find tape of Miami cutting off his passing lanes then a drop in ast numbers isn't a real big indication of opponent D. The two categories where D affects a player most are shooting% and TOs. His numbers against Indiana are almost identical to his numbers against Miami, except 4 less pts, but we're talking about a team that finished 10 games under .500 and has zero All-Stars. So did Miami D him up in that series? Against Atlanta I posted his 3 horrible sooting nights which resulted in 2 losses, but Atlanta is not as quality a team. Overall point is and will continue to be the trend was too frequent for you to paint all the credit to Miaimi's defense. I don't even care but I can go all day, never gonna convince me after the shooting nights he had all postseason.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

The point is this happens far to often and I think it is a big disadvantage for the team with home court.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Wilbon just brought it up Tim. It has only happened twice in the history of the 2-3-2.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wilbon just brought it up Tim. It has only happened twice in the history of the 2-3-2.

Seriously? Seems like more but either way the fact that they even have a chance to do it to me makes it alittle unfair.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Very big game tonight between 2 very good teams.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Damn the Dallas cheerleaders look awesome.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

At LA.

Can't say I even watched much of the Indy series. But I do know Chicago won that series 4-1. And yes Rose scored more, and shot a higher %, and also had 2+ more steals and actually 1 bpg more in that series then compared to the ecf. So across the board he was significantly better in that series. A series they won, 4-1.

I did watch the Bulls vs Miami. And what I saw was Rose getting zero room to get a shot off, especially late in the game, when Miami, which had done this in each of the previous series(and I did watch alot of the Celts), shut down the opposing team. And what really made it impressive imo was that a 6' 9" guy was the one shutting him down.

And again, u cannot say Rose was killing the bulls in the previous series, and only pointing to their 3 losses while ignoring their 8 wins. And in those 8 wins, Rose was the engine. By far their dominant offensive player.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Not to mention getting to the ft line WAY more often, and shooting a higher % at the line vs Indy. which makes him overall a MUCH more efficient scorer in that series.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Damn this game is crazy
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Props to Bosh for playing with one eye!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Great game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 pm

timthebim wrote:
Very big game tonight between 2 very good teams.

In this playoff format when the series has been tied 1-1 whoever has won game 3 has ended up winning the series 100% of the time so this game is very important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:46 pm

DAMN THOSE HEAT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS!!!   NBA PLAYOFFS!!! - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA PLAYOFFS!!!
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next