Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'

Go down 
+11
bobbitt15
LA
boomer sooner
cascade_run
GDPofDRC
timthebim
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
captain organic
killerofchicken
josh200612
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 pm

captain organic wrote:
Bones gets the most undeserved hate in the game.

&

He will smash shad.

Is it that Bones is getting hate...or is it that you are just riding Bones bone too much?

I don't think people are unreasonable in not liking his quotes. Nobody is saying anything about his fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Jones deserves what he gets. People don't like fake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 am

I was a huge Jon Jones fan but he seems too fake for me and he is off my list of favorite fighters.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 am

You know what? People bitch about Shad and they are now bitching about Bones, but all I care about is a good fight. If I had to root for one of them though, it is going to be Shad, because that MoFo cracks me up!
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't kow if Jones is truly fake or is just believing the hype so much that he thinks he can do whatever, whenever, he is also 23 so I can forgive alot of his missteps for now cause he is still learning how to be a man, I can't wait for the continued talk between em, when this fight goes off there is going to be some serious mutual hatred in that cage.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 pm

cascade_run wrote:
I don't kow if Jones is truly fake or is just believing the hype so much that he thinks he can do whatever, whenever, he is also 23 so I can forgive alot of his missteps for now cause he is still learning how to be a man, I can't wait for the continued talk between em, when this fight goes off there is going to be some serious mutual hatred in that cage.

You got that right.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
You know what? People bitch about Shad and they are now bitching about Bones, but all I care about is a good fight. If I had to root for one of them though, it is going to be Shad, because that MoFo cracks me up!

i'm by no mean a Shad fan and i by no means dislike Jon Jones.

It's not like i'm on the "Anybody but Jones" wagon and i'll always root against him or anything.

It's just i had to side with Evans on this whole situation because i don't agree with how Jones pretty much forced Evans out of his own camp. I thought that was bullshit and so do a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:29 pm

That camp wasn't big enough for the both of em. Dog eat dog. they'll settle it in the cage. This isn't entirely different that when GSP came into Jackson's and stole Diego's thunder. I heard insofar as this on BE that the word always was Evans speed giving Jones fits in practice and that this is just talk. But either way, that is what fighters do, talk. Hatin' on this fool for trying to sell his fights is ridiculous, especially because as of yet his numbers on PPV and TV don't match up to his talent or hype.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That camp wasn't big enough for the both of em. Dog eat dog. they'll settle it in the cage. This isn't entirely different that when GSP came into Jackson's and stole Diego's thunder. I heard insofar as this on BE that the word always was Evans speed giving Jones fits in practice and that this is just talk. But either way, that is what fighters do, talk. Hatin' on this fool for trying to sell his fights is ridiculous, especially because as of yet his numbers on PPV and TV don't match up to his talent or hype.

I think it's far different. GSP didnt come into Jackson's camp calling Diego out. Diego was not willing to make a sacrifice for a noob and if he wanted to fight GSP, he left the camp to avoid making things complicated..which is fine.

Rashad was willing to make a sacrifice for Jones by A) protecting the gate for him should he win the title or B)leaving the division completely should Jones win the title while still being Jones training partner. Jones practically spit in his face and forced him to take the fight while forcing him out if his camp...or look like a bitch. I can't believe you keep likening this to Diego-GSP when the only similarities is a fighter of the same division leaving the camp. Diego didnt want anybody to take his shine so he left. Rashad was selfless and Jones simply wanted him out of the camp.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 pm

all Jones said was "yeah I'd fight Evans" why is that wrong? cause he doesn't abide by the "team mates don't fight team mates" philosophy? some guys do, that's fine, some guys don't and that's cool too.

Can't hate on a fighter who is willing to fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm

captain organic wrote:
all Jones said was "yeah I'd fight Evans" why is that wrong? cause he doesn't abide by the "team mates don't fight team mates" philosophy? some guys do, that's fine, some guys don't and that's cool too.

"Yeah. i'd fight Evans" forced him out of the camp. No other options left for Evans after that..what was he supposed to say? "Well, i still won't fight Jones"? Or stay at the same camp preparing Jones?

Considering Jackson had a "code" that Jones agreed to when he joined the camp, yes...he's wrong.Even though Jackson's rule is clearly for shit as the wrong guy had to leave the camp. If he(Jones) does not agree with that philosophy..why join a tight knit camp and call out your teammates after they went out and announced all the sacrifices they were willing to make for you? How can you think that's a "no deal" capt. I understand you're this huge Bones fan and thats fine but get real.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Kings is completely right. Jones gave Rashad no choice but to leave and accept the fight. Rashad treated Jones like a brother, Jones treated Rashad like a dog.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 pm

captain organic wrote:

Yeah thats all he said Captain but the problem is the whole time Rashad had been telling people that they would never fight and all the sudden Bones blind sides him on national TV with Yeah I would fight Rashad. Pretty much made Rashad look like a chump.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

"Yeah. i'd fight Evans" forced him out of the camp. No other options left for Evans after that..what was he supposed to say? "Well, i still won't fight Jones"? Or stay at the same camp preparing Jones?

Considering Jackson had a "code" that Jones agreed to when he joined the camp, yes...he's wrong.Even though Jackson's rule is clearly for shit as the wrong guy had to leave the camp. If he(Jones) does not agree with that philosophy..why join a tight knit camp and call out your teammates after they went out and announced all the sacrifices they were willing to make for you? How can you think that's a "no deal" capt. I understand you're this huge Bones fan and thats fine but get real.

did he sign some form that said "I will never fight a teammate" when he signed up with Jackson?

dude's a fighter, he's willing to fight whomever, Im not seeing the problem here.

but u r right in that, if it is Jackson team policy to hold team over all, then he should have booted Jones, and rolled with Evans.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Jackson has always said that if you agree to join his team then you can't fight a teamate. Jones broke that rule and it seems like Jackson doesn't even care which is probably what hurt Rashad the most.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:20 pm

And because Rashad was thinking that teammates don't fight each other he was like I'll go down to MW, (good matchups there), I will go HW, (and get steamrolled), wait wait wait, Bones said he would fight you, at that point Jackson should've stepped in, but no he decides to wash his hands of it, I blame him as much as anyone else how everything started, the thing is this is going to be awesome for the fans, the fight is 5 months away, the countdown and weigh in should be intense
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:26 pm

timthebim wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Yeah thats all he said Captain but the problem is the whole time Rashad had been telling people that they would never fight and all the sudden Bones blind sides him on national TV with Yeah I would fight Rashad. Pretty much made Rashad look like a chump.

see I don't think it makes Evans look like a chump at all. It just showed a philosophical difference between the 2 fighters. Evans like many other fighters, including some of my favorites, will not fight teammates, Jones will. that's all it showed me.

Now could Jones have handled it better? probably. should he have taken the high road and walked on Jackson b4 he said "yeah Id fight him"? Probably would have earned him some points from the high brow set. but the dude is 23, Im not getting all bent out of shape by his willingness to fight Evans.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 pm

im so fed up with this stupid "team mate" talk... its not tag team u fucks, when you're in the cage it's you and your opponent! fuck sakes!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

did he sign some form that said "I will never fight a teammate" when he signed up with Jackson?

dude's a fighter, he's willing to fight whomever, Im not seeing the problem here.

but u r right in that, if it is Jackson team policy to hold team over all, then he should have booted Jones, and rolled with Evans.

It was said by Rashad(and nobody has refuted this..not Jon, Greg, anybody) that every fighter in Jackson's camp signs an agreement that includes not fighting teammates. It makes sense as well...why would Jackson want the headache that this has given him? he still said he won't train Jones for this fight(Probably to keep in Rashad's good graces, but trying to have your cake and eat it to is not going to work for Greg). Rashad saying that there was an agreement that all Jackson fighters sign, the team first philosophy Jackson's camp has always had where teammates have always ruled out fighting eachother, and the huge mess this has caused...i'm pretty sure the policy was legit.

I'm also sure it's standard at teams like AKA, ATT, Quest, Blackhouse, Cesar Gracie etc. Where team brotherhood comes first. It's just a no brainer to have such policy. What's the point of a team if they arent a team? Who is going to sign up for a team where your training partners can learn the book on you and then turn around and call you out? I would not want to be part of that team and anybody who felt that the team concept is stupid...go form your own team full of yes men who work for YOU like BJ Penn, Fedor, and now Rashad Evans have to do.

To be fair, I don't think Jones signed on to Jackson ever thinking he was going to call out Shad...and maybe he didnt think saying he would fight Shad would end up putting Evans in such a tight spot that it did...but he is clearly in the wrong.

I don't mind fighters willing to fight anybody, but team will always be prevelant in MMA and i do believe in team, especially when it comes to training partners. Why would you train with someone that you might fight in the future?. If you want to be a lone wolf..then roll alone.

If i was Jackson. I would have told Jones that he was off the TEAM since he clearly didnt want to be part of a team...and who knows..maybe Jones would have had no problem with that. But Jackson put the gold first, while half assing the effort to keep years of association and friendship with Rashad Evans in tact. If the gold is more important to Jackson, that fine..i won't rip him for that but in that case It's hard not to sympathize with Evans and even harder to not think Jones did anything wrong by saying what he did when Rashad had already gone out and said how he would pretty much bend over backwards for this kid...and lets not forget that Jon Jones was saying for a long time that he would never fight Rashad as well. So, there is betrayal here. Two guys that were clearly on the same page for a long time, and then one of them turned the page without one knowing..it that was clearly Rashad being the one not in the know.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 330px-Taureau_charolais_au_pr%C3%A9
Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 300px-BearApplePoop

Just because
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Might be a bitch move to say it. But I wouldn't doubt if it was true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:55 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
im so fed up with this stupid "team mate" talk... its not tag team u fucks, when you're in the cage it's you and your opponent! fuck sakes!

So you would take OU down if you had to? tongue
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 pm

freakzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

If he dies....he dies.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 pm

freakzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

i'd knock his head into the rafters yo! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Lollllllllll at the last 2 comments. OU's 1 was funnier though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'    Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans in practice 'out of respect'
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next