Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot

Go down 
+4
OU
LA
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
8 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot Empty
PostSubject: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Quote :
If there’s one thing to know about UFC lightweight Jim Miller, he’s not planning on going the Rashad Evans route to a title shot.

That’s not a dig on Evans, but after his win over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson last year, the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner was offered a shot at the light heavyweight title and opted to sit out and wait until then champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua was healthy and ready to fight.

Coming off a win over Kamal Shalorus at UFC 128, New Jersey’s Jim Miller doesn’t plan on sitting and waiting for the call that he’s going to fight for the UFC lightweight title. As a matter of fact, he’ll tell you right now he’s planning on fighting again before that time.

“We’ll see how the other fights go, we’ll see how Pettis/Guida goes, and what happens with that. There’s a bunch of stuff going on right now. If they were saying Jim you get the next title shot, it’s not going to be till the end of the year. I’d rather throw another fight in there,” Miller told MMAWeekly Radio.

He has always had the attitude that when the UFC comes calling for a fight. You accept it, then find out who you’re fighting and when it’s happening.

That attitude has earned Miller the reputation of being one of the toughest and most motivated fighters in the division. However, despite seven wins in a row, he isn’t going to slow down just to wait for a title shot.

He believes if you’re going to be the best, you fight the best, and staying active is the best way to do that.

“I feel if I’m ready to fight for the title, I’m ready to beat anybody else that they throw in front of me,” Miller said. “I know I can beat either (Frankie Edgar or Gray Maynard), and I know I can always make it a competitive fight with either one of those guys. So I should be able to beat anybody else in the division.”

Some people wondered why Miller didn’t scream at the top of his lungs after the win over Shalorus that he deserved a title shot, or asking UFC president Dana White for his shot.

Following a win over rising prospect Charles Oliveira last year, Miller took to the mic and with anger in his voice said he’s ready for a title shot. This time, however, he calmly had his post-fight interview with UFC commentator Joe Rogan, and walked away.

The reason why? Miller wasn’t nearly as angry this time.

“The reason I wasn’t screaming for the title shot as much this time is because the media, the fans, and my opponent didn’t piss me off as much as they did last time,” Miller explained. “Last time I felt very disrespected and basically overlooked. I was really fired up when I finished Charles.

“This was just a normal fight. I went in there and fought and it wasn’t that big of a deal. One more step I feel above anybody else as a contender, that’s seven in a row against some really tough guys.”

Miller will be happy to make it eight in a row whenever the UFC comes calling next, and even if it’s not a title shot that’s okay, because he’ll keep beating every contender until the only person left is the one holding that shiny gold belt.
http://mmaweekly.com/jim-miller-not-planning-on-sitting-and-waiting-for-a-title-shot
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 pm

good for him, he aint Shad... LOL
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm

He'd have to wait quite a while.

Edgar v Maynard 3 - May 28th
Guida v Pettis - June 4th
The winners would probably fight late Aug/early Sept absolute earliest.

Miller wouldn't get a shot until the end fo the year. Why sit out 9 months if you're not injured?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
He'd have to wait quite a while.

Edgar v Maynard 3 - May 28th
Guida v Pettis - June 4th
The winners would probably fight late Aug/early Sept absolute earliest.

Miller wouldn't get a shot until the end fo the year. Why sit out 9 months if you're not injured?
idk, ask Shad Evans...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 am

I know Pettis is in line for a shot if he beats Guida, as he was already getting one, but has Guida been promised one as well if he wins the matchup? If Guida won, then I'd give Miller next shot, but that's a big what if for Miller so he might as well take a fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 am

LA wrote:
I know Pettis is in line for a shot if he beats Guida, as he was already getting one, but has Guida been promised one as well if he wins the matchup? If Guida won, then I'd give Miller next shot, but that's a big what if for Miller so he might as well take a fight.

No, Guida is not promised a title shot if he wins. I don't think it has even been implied. Would be shocked if he got a title shot with a win against Pettis.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 am

Dana said he's not sure about giving guida a shot
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

No, Guida is not promised a title shot if he wins. I don't think it has even been implied. Would be shocked if he got a title shot with a win against Pettis.

Didn't want to be harsh, but yeah don't think he should get one in that scenerio.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Dana said he's not sure about giving guida a shot

Considering that Dana has said "winner gets a shot" before and when the wrong guy wins he gets no shot. I assume this means Guida will not get a shot with a win.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm

I think Guida is going to beat Pettis so Miller may not have to wait to long but even in the event Im wrong and Pettis wins I think its a great idea for Miller to stay active and keep winning fights. Make people want to see him more and more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Jim will eventually get a shot, he's got alot of momentum with him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm

All that mOmentum goes out the window after one loss
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Dang taking Guida Tim? I mean I can see Guida being all weird and active with a little HnP and winning, but I think Pettis outclasses him, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 pm

LA wrote:
Dang taking Guida Tim? I mean I can see Guida being all weird and active with a little HnP and winning, but I think Pettis outclasses him, we'll see.

Yeah just a weird feeling that Guida makes the fight ugly and gets a decision.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 pm

I just hope Guida doesn't fight like he did in the Gomi fight. That was borderline unwatchable
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 pm

I'll take guida. If anything guida is on the same level as ben and pettis didnt necessarily dominate him. Imo the fight was even up until the 5th round. Still guidas ground and striking are about even if not better than hendos so why not. I got guida by dec
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:41 am

Bendo is a better athlete then Guida, think he's bigger too.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Had it not been for the flying kick of death Pettis may not have gotten that fifth round. So who knows in a three round fight? I think Guida can take two rounds here.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Ludo wrote:
Had it not been for the flying kick of death Pettis may not have gotten that fifth round. So who knows in a three round fight? I think Guida can take two rounds here.

I think so also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot   Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot
Page 1 of 1