Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon Empty
PostSubject: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Quote :
Nearly a year since his last fight in Strikeforce, Jason "Mayhem" Miller still has no follow-up bout scheduled, though the popular middleweight hopes the recent Zuffa-Strikeforce deal has opened up to the possibilities of facing some UFC stars.

Miller is currently training as well as filming a role on Kevin James' upcoming MMA-themed film "Here Comes the Boom," but on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, he said he's looking forward to getting back in the cage as soon as he gets an offer.

One of his hopes is that he gets a chance to fight against some of the sport's biggest names.

"I will beat the brakes off most of the guys in the middleweight divisions in the UFC," he said. "I guaran-damn-tee it."

Asked who he had in mind, Miller brought up two fighters that are rumored to be coaching on an upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter: Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping. While that pairing is far from finalized, Miller gave his thoughts on the possibility.

"First of all, I'm glad that the Ultimate Fighter is getting back on track by putting two guys who are going to be absolutely entertaining on the television," he said. "You got the Republitard vs. The Limey. It's going to be great. It's a step in the right direction. But I still say, give me a break. I'm way more entertaining, and I'll beat both of those guys up."

Miller hasn't had a chance to beat anyone up since last September, when he defeated Japanese legend Kazushi Sakuraba at DREAM 16. It seemed that he was going to follow that up by fighting Tim Kennedy at a March Strikeforce event, but that matchup was eventually scrapped by the promotion. Miller says he's not sure why the change was made but is looking forward to whatever is next for him.

One fight that he has no interest in? Nick Diaz. While he and Diaz were once infamously engaged in a post-fight brawl and later spent time calling each other out, Miller says the behavior of current Strikeforce welterweight champ showed he was never serious about fighting him.

Miller said that Diaz asked for a $2 million payday for the fight, a number that he believes was excessive for the purpose of making sure the fight didn't happen.

"We're way past it," he said. "Nick ducked. I don't even care about fighting him anymore. He just showed who he was with this whole thing. I don't even want to talk about it, it's so ridiculous."

Miller also predicted that Diaz would lose to Paul Daley in their championship match this weekend, saying that Diaz's weak link is his wrestling, and he would not be able to get Daley to the mat. Left in a fight that more resembles a kickboxing bout, Daley will win, he said.

As for himself, the 30-year-old still believes he has some big fights ahead of him and that despite his other gigs (in addition to breaking into acting, he's notably the host of MTV's "Bully Beatdown"), he would like to continue fighting as long as his body holds up. Right now, it's just a matter of when and where for the next time.

"I've never ducked anybody and I always want to fight everybody," he said. "Win, lose or draw, I'm trying to go out there and put on the best damn show for the fans. I want to win and I want to win in an exciting manner. I'll fight anybody whenever, wherever."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/04/mayhem-miller-moves-past-nick-diaz-hopes-to-fight-ufc-stars-in/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:50 pm

even though i wanted to see the diaz vs mayhem scrap im over it now

he has a lot of GREAT potential matchups in the ufc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

When does Mayhem's SF contract expire ?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Ali wrote:
it has already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Been saying for a while he's UFC bound, he was in the VIP section at 128 I think, one of the last events...

Scratch Sonnen, Bisping vs Mayhem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:

Really ?? thought I read on MMA Junkie last year that Mayhem, Diaz and Melendez all signed new deals.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:

Really ?? thought I read on MMA Junkie last year that Mayhem, Diaz and Melendez all signed new deals.
not Mayhem... Diaz and Gill did though
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm

so question does mayhem have a shot at beating bisping or sonnen. I say he loses to both as much as I would be rooting for him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Not Mayhem, he actually had a fight left I think, maybe not, but they most likely said fuck it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm

LA wrote:
Been saying for a while he's UFC bound, he was in the VIP section at 128 I think, one of the last events...

Scratch Sonnen, Bisping vs Mayhem.
yeah he was guest tweeting off of the UFC account for the same card as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:

not Mayhem... Diaz and Gill did though

cheers
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Anyone with subs has a chance at beating Chael, but Sonnen would most liekly take that.

I'd pick Mayhem vs Bisping and say he'd be the favorite for sure.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:09 pm

85% of Mayhems wins come VIA sub, I got him all day vs Chael
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:09 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
so question does mayhem have a shot at beating bisping or sonnen. I say he loses to both as much as I would be rooting for him.

Chael Sonnen has been submitted eight times in his career, Mayhem would have a shot.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:11 pm

thats a viscous stunner!!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Remember when Mayhem almost subbed Sheilds? Fuck that bell
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 pm

LA wrote:
Remember when Mayhem almost subbed Sheilds? Fuck that bell

That was krazy with a k!!!!! i was in shock in all honesty, i thought shields would steam roll him
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Chael and Mayhem fought like 3 fights into Sonnen's career in some podunk arena. Chael takedowns at will but obv a long time ago
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Rumble on the Reservation! Actually knew they fought but forgot, never seen the fight though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Watched it a while back when I downloaded most of Chael's career
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon   Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayhem Miller Moves Past Nick Diaz Feud, Hopes to Face UFC Fighters Soon
Page 1 of 1