Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?

Go down 
+2
josh200612
acccardinal12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? Empty
PostSubject: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 pm

So we know Bones would more than likely beat Rua in a rematch. Now we have Bones taking on Rashad Evans next and I have seen a few people in the mma community outside of Ninja's Place saying Rashad could pose some big problems for Bones. I see Bones running over Rashad. Rashad could get a TD, but I don't see him controlling Bones much at all in this fight. That has me wondering which top contender can give Bones the most trouble? I don't think it is Rashad. I am not sure Rashad could beat Machida in a rematch. I can't say he would beat Shogun either. I would put money on him against Rampage in a rematch, but that could be a close one again. I really don't see anyone giving Bones a fight right now for his title besides Anderson Silva. Who is next after Rashad for Bones title if Bones wins? Give me your thoughts on the LHW division in the UFC right now? Do they bring someone in from SF to fight him after Rashad? Is there a legit guy in SF whose contract will be up in the next 8-9 months to fight Bones after he walks over Rashad? Is there a legit HW that can drop down from SF or UFC who could be available? Could it be Phil Davis who gets the next shot? (if he wins his next fight)

What do you think about the LHW debacle to find a guy that can give Bones a fight?

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:15 pm

What should happen after he beats Shad is as follows...
UFC has him fight Phil Davis if he wins his next fight. If not, go with Page if he wins his fight. If Page loses, go with Machida if he beats Rashad. Page and Machida are matched up against guys they should beat, so one guy will be ready for Bones after Rashad. Randy could surprise us against Machida, but Page should handle Matt for sure.

What I hope happens after Rashad gets whooped is that he fights Phil.
Then UFC signs Fedor to fight Randy and Fedor wins and then drops to 205lbs.
Then Bones fights Anderson Silva and beats his ass.
Then Bones fights Fedor who will be a lean 205lbs.
After Fedor beats Bones he moons DW from the Octagon and retires as the GOAT!

A PERFECT WORLD!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:43 pm

why the fuck would page lose to matt? there is no if he will destroy him in spectacular fashion.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 pm

josh200612 wrote:
why the fuck would page lose to matt? there is no if he will destroy him in spectacular fashion.

I'm just going with the "never say never" thing. Page should do whatever he wants with Matt. I could really see Page joking with him during the fight in a nice way while smacking him around. This fight shouldn't even be happening imo. Serious Page vs Matt Hammil??? I was like WTF?? when I heard of it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

I'm just going with the "never say never" thing. Page should do whatever he wants with Matt. I could really see Page joking with him during the fight in a nice way while smacking him around. This fight shouldn't even be happening imo. Serious Page vs Matt Hammil??? I was like WTF?? when I heard of it.

LOL page will want to get out as quick as possible and go to the bar with some asian chicks.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamill gave him a tough fight. Sounds like Page is back to his usual strategy of totally avoiding the gym and blowing up like a fatass then coming back in a couple months before the fight
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Page if he has anything left will KO Hamill inside two minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 pm

If Hamill tries to pretend he's a striker like he seems to do than yes. I'm going to hope he's smarter than that though. If he makes it ugly and tries to put Page up against the fence and wear him on then it could be tougher.

But yes if he wastes anytime pretending like he has a standup game then it shouldn't last long
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
If Hamill tries to pretend he's a striker like he seems to do than yes. I'm going to hope he's smarter than that though. If he makes it ugly and tries to put Page up against the fence and wear him on then it could be tougher.

But yes if he wastes anytime pretending like he has a standup game then it shouldn't last long

Page will tear him up against the fence or in the clinch. I don't see Matt doing much. Unless Page is laying down, which I doubt.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I maybe the only 1 who thinks this but I think Machida gives Bones the best fight. He has a different style that may confuse bones alittle. So if I had to pick a LHW to give Bones the best fight thats who I would pick.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:27 am

Machida is very unorthodox like bones, they both do things that others don't, I'm not sure since Machida is a counter puncher if he would be able to get keep Jones off of him, for 5 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?   UFC LHW fights with top title contenders? Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC LHW fights with top title contenders?
Page 1 of 1