Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anthony Robles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:50 am

Simply amazing. How about Anthony Robles, the wrestler with ONE LEG, won the NCAA Division 1 National Wrestling Championships. I hear people complain about a sore finger and toe, and this kid with only one leg went out to win one of the hardest competitions to win in the world. I'm sure his whole life no one believed he could do it growing up accept himself and the ones who loved him.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 am

Primetyme, I could not believe how dominant he was all tournament. It was amazing seeing him out there. I was lucky enough to be down at ncaa's for all three days and let me tell you, that kid is a true inspiration. Amazing champion and amazing person.

Btw, I met Dan Henderson while I was at ncaa's. He was at the fan festival in between sessions signing autographs. He brought a whole stack of pictures of him knocking out bisping and autographed them for everyone. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5W4RZq1NRg

Here is his National Finals match
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Doesn't the handicap have some benefits? Like distubution of weight? His upper body will be bigger and stronger then most because the way his weight is distributed. He has the upper body of someone who wrestles at a much higher weight class. Obviously there are draw backs since you do use the power in your legs in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

OU wrote:
Doesn't the handicap have some benefits? Like distubution of weight? His upper body will be bigger and stronger then most because the way his weight is distributed. He has the upper body of someone who wrestles at a much higher weight class. Obviously there are draw backs since you do use the power in your legs in wrestling.

There are some advantages, but the ability to develop a style that makes his body type effective enough to achieve what he has achieved, has never been done before. The guy is an incredible athlete. Its not as though he was undefeated in his previous college years. This year, he put it all together and no one was able to figure him out. Absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:05 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:

There are some advantages, but the ability to develop a style that makes his body type effective enough to achieve what he has achieved, has never been done before. The guy is an incredible athlete. Its not as though he was undefeated in his previous college years. This year, he put it all together and no one was able to figure him out. Absolutely amazing.

Yeah I agree, what he did is amazing. Not trying to take away from it. Just something that came to mind. The guy deserves all the credit.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:28 pm

heard about this guy on the radio on my way to work today... props!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anthony Robles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Robles   Anthony Robles Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Robles
Page 1 of 1