Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It makes too much sense

Go down 
+5
OU
Jamal
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
LA
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

It makes too much sense Empty
PostSubject: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 pm

The UFC...Zuffa comes in to buyout it's only N. American competitor in Strikeforce, therefore pretty much securing supremacy in N. American for..who knows how long.

Now they are rumored to have another big annoucement. What makes more sense then coming in to aid FEG, possibly buying into or buying out Dream and K-1.

I'm sure they'd have less of a problem with their fighters competing in K-1 if they owned it.

To bring Martial Arts full circle Sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, founder of ADCC, purchased a small amount of the UFC in 2010.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Well it does go to show that nobody will ever compete. Strikeforce was a rapidly growing company that was doing well and Zuffa bought at face value and then some. If you buy a ferrari for 150K they'll pay you 250K for it and they have the money to do so and you would be a fool not to take the deal.

Coker is sitting fat right now. He's probably a big multi millionaire now. He still runs SF and he'll have a job with Zuffa. He deserves credit. He built an attractive promotion to where the UFC bought in and Zuffa see's him as the key to Japan.

After two years when the Showtime deal is up..i think then Strikeforce will dissolve into the UFC but i think UFC will want to keep that relationship because Showtime Sports is coming up as well. They got Pacquiao, Cotto, now...they have a market for MMA and unlike HBO are willing to put it on. I can see Zuffa keeping with showtime especially if Lorenzo builds a relationship with them over the next two years...assuming Showtime does not pull the plug on their contract with SF, and rating considered i don't see why they would.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:16 pm

the ratings are gonna shoot way up after this purchase, i guarantee it
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah...Dana said they are going to start promoting Strikeforce events on their shows now. I have a gut feeling they won't promote Diaz-Daley though..for some reason. I really hope Paul pulls his head out. I think it would be a shame if Barnett, Frank and Pat are blackballed by Zuffa after their SF deals are out but Paul Daley seems to have accepted no responsibility for his actions post Koscheck

Fact is, all these guys can get back in Dana's good graces or atleast in his business graces if Tito Ortiz can.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:24 pm

I wonder if UFC did this so they can have Jake Shields fight footage actually worth showing for their big event in Canada Laughing
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:25 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yeah...Dana said they are going to start promoting Strikeforce events on their shows now. I have a gut feeling they won't promote Diaz-Daley though..for some reason. I really hope Paul pulls his head out. I think it would be a shame if Barnett, Frank and Pat are blackballed by Zuffa after their SF deals are out but Paul Daley seems to have accepted no responsibility for his actions post Koscheck

Fact is, all these guys can get back in Dana's good graces or atleast in his business graces if Tito Ortiz can.

Paul Daley is an idiot after what he said today... but then again he already was one
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I wonder if UFC did this so they can have Jake Shields fight footage actually worth showing for their big event in Canada Laughing

lol! what footage? him and mayham humping?

OMG what if we see a UFC vs SF TUF? lol yeah i know its far fetched but it would be cool
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm

They'll show Shields beating the Strikeforce LHW champion Dan Henderson.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

lol! what footage? him and mayham humping?

OMG what if we see a UFC vs SF TUF? lol yeah i know its far fetched but it would be cool

Strikeforce owns/owned the EliteXC footage as well. Jake Shields had 4 fights and 4 finishes in EliteXC...including an armbar win over Paul Daley and *gasp* TKO win over Verrissimo.

The thing is, this is a huge event and a lot of people who didnt catch Shields on any of his Showtime and CBS appearences, and saw his fight vs. Kampmann...they are wondering what the fuck.

If they show him taking down Dan Henderson and mounting him. Putting Robbie Lawler in a guillotine and armbarring Paul Daley people might get why he got the shot and Fitch did not.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 pm

If Daley wins the WW title and Barnett wins the GP Dana is going to throw up.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 pm

I guess they are waiting until contracts run out but i wonder if UFC will attempt to get Roger Gracie on the Rio card.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 pm

dana said there would be no co-pros at all, business as usual!

dana says a lot of things tho...

whatever happened to our make up for the ufc 112 debacle?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:01 am

I think the UFC will keep SF for around longer then 2 years. I think they will use the brand for things like woman's fights, the Challengers series is nice, Dana said Coker might be the key to Japan, Coker can still work with DREAM as long as they are around. SF can still work with M-1. There are things SF does that the UFC just doesn't do.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:13 am

Plus, Showtime is not going to end their deal in those two years unless the shit hits the fan or they really don't like Zuffa being involved.

I've been reading on other forums people citing PRIDE and WEC being absorbed into UFC as examples why SF won't last the two years but there are different circumstances.

PRIDE lost their TV deal in Japan..and they lost Japan because of the Yakuza scandal. I think Zuffa really did want to keep PRIDE running for a duration in an attempt to move in on Japan. That got fucked up and really lessened the PRIDE deal as far as the impact UFC wanted. Without a TV deal and Japan...no use keeping PRIDE running as a seperate org.

WEC was around for awhile after Zuffa purchased them...they only got absorbed when the ratings became consistantly horrible. Once they could not even get good ratings with Faber on the card they decided it was time.

I think they probably want SF to do the two years, but i think they'll work out some buyouts for certain fighters after a certain GP...or in the case of Nick Diaz after a certain whoop ass on an unruly Brit...but time will tell and i'm not sure if they will, or can do that.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 am

LA wrote:
The UFC...Zuffa comes in to buyout it's only N. American competitor in Strikeforce, therefore pretty much securing supremacy in N. American for..who knows how long.

Now they are rumored to have another big annoucement. What makes more sense then coming in to aid FEG, possibly buying into or buying out Dream and K-1.

I'm sure they'd have less of a problem with their fighters competing in K-1 if they owned it.

To bring Martial Arts full circle Sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, founder of ADCC, purchased a small amount of the UFC in 2010.

Very interesting. I think you may be on to something, Watson.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:21 am

Wrote this long post about not being fooled by what Dana's is saying, and the whole fighters situation, future for both Orgs; then I hit something and the post was gone. Post something on it it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Well it does go to show that nobody will ever compete. Strikeforce was a rapidly growing company that was doing well and Zuffa bought at face value and then some.

According to meltzer the m-1 global/fedor contract put too much of a financial strain on strikeforce, they were forced to seek outside funding that's where zuffa came in and offered to buy them out

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19788/
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm

There is talk Dana could now convince Scott to release a fighter from his contract with SF, though they're all Zuffa owned now, then resign said fighter under the UFC.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Well it does go to show that nobody will ever compete. Strikeforce was a rapidly growing company that was doing well and Zuffa bought at face value and then some.

According to meltzer the m-1 global/fedor contract put too much of a financial strain on strikeforce, they were forced to seek outside funding that's where zuffa came in and offered to buy them out

I think thats crap. They only co-promoted 3 shows with M-1. Meltzer IMO should stick to making shit up about pro wrestlers.

They would not had made another co-pro deal with M-1, especially if they were looking for somebody to buy them out. "Yeah, come buy us out while we just made a new deal with somebody who is putting financial strain on us". Meltzer just knows M-1 is a familiar scapegoat after they were unjustly blamed for Affliction's financial problems, he knows Ariel Helwani got the first scoop on the announcement, and he wants to sell his dirt sheet..so he has to have some story that nobody else has. It's fuckin Meltzer..he's been 40 percent "no shit sherlock" and 60 percent bullshit his entire career.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I think thats crap. They only co-promoted 3 shows with M-1. Meltzer IMO should stick to making shit up about pro wrestlers.

They would not had made another co-pro deal with M-1, especially if they were looking for somebody to buy them out. "Yeah, come buy us out while we just made a new deal with somebody who is putting financial strain on us". Meltzer just knows M-1 is a familiar scapegoat after they were unjustly blamed for Affliction's financial problems, he knows Ariel Helwani got the first scoop on the announcement, and he wants to sell his dirt sheet..so he has to have some story that nobody else has. It's fuckin Meltzer..he's been 40 percent "no shit sherlock" and 60 percent bullshit his entire career.

Supposedly Fedor's contract was with Showtime, not SF.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Supposedly Fedor's contract was with Showtime, not SF.

Fedor has a contract with Strikeforce and M-1 only. M-1 has a contract with Showtime and Strikeforce. That means Fedor is an M-1 fighter. It could mean that fedor "has" a contract with Sowtime, but I would imagine M-1 has away around locking in one M-1 fighter only. We won't know until we see it. I would imagine there are holes in it and Fedor can fight under UFC or Stirkeforce.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

RANDY VS FEDOR SHOULD HAPPEN NOW!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 pm

People really still care about that fight anyway?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:09 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
People really still care about that fight anyway?

I'd watch.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 pm

I'd watch but yeah that fight has lost a lot of luster.

Many crazy matchups to come in the future though, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It makes too much sense   It makes too much sense Empty

Back to top Go down

It makes too much sense
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next