Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson

Go down 
+8
jewzilla
killerofchicken
LA
acccardinal12
josh200612
KingsOwn19
Jamal
OU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

OU wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:
The alleged GOAT just got his ass beat twice and now we want to put him in against one of the best wrestlers with a nasty right to boot? I wuld rather watch shit fights on M-1.

LOL such a hater. Fedor is still one of the top 10 p4p fighters in the World. Live with it.

Fedor IS the GOAT but he can't be ranked top 10 p4p when he's lost 2 fights back to back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Jamal wrote:
OU wrote:
The alleged GOAT just got his ass beat twice and now we want to put him in against one of the best wrestlers with a nasty right to boot? I wuld rather watch shit fights on M-1.

LOL such a hater. Fedor is still one of the top 10 p4p fighters in the World. Live with it.

Fedor IS the GOAT but he can't be ranked top 10 p4p when he's lost 2 fights back to back.

bullshit, like the previous 30+ wins mean nothing? I'll rank the undersize HW where I see fit. No doubt in my mind he is still a top 10 p4p fighter in the world. I'm objective enough to factor in the loses with what he has done. Machida has lost back to back fights(some say 3 in a row) but he is still being ranked 3-5 overall in the LHW division. Should I rank Phil Davis over Machida because he has won 8 in a row?
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm not talking about divisional rankings but P4P rankings. If you lose 2 in a row you're out. Especially since the 2 guys that beat him weren't in the top 5 HW before they fought him and Bigfoot still isn't. Fedor is probably the 7th best heavyweight right now so there is no chance of him being top 10 P4P.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Lol, yeah I'm sure Hendo would walk right through Fedor
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Jamal wrote:
I'm not talking about divisional rankings but P4P rankings. If you lose 2 in a row you're out. Especially since the 2 guys that beat him weren't in the top 5 HW before they fought him and Bigfoot still isn't. Fedor is probably the 7th best heavyweight right now so there is no chance of him being top 10 P4P.

I disagree. When I know a fighter is a top 10 p4p fighter. I will rank him that way. No brainer IMO, Fedor is still a top 10 p4p fighter. Fedor may be ranked #7, but in reality he is much better then that. Sorry bro but I strongly disagree with you here. I think you are flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:55 pm

He tapped to Werdum, Bigfoot destroyed him, Bigfoot isn't even top 5 so how is Fedor? I love Fedor and he is in my top 3 favorites so no bias towards him here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Jamal wrote:
He tapped to Werdum, Bigfoot destroyed him, Bigfoot isn't even top 5 so how is Fedor? I love Fedor and he is in my top 3 favorites so no bias towards him here.

Bigfoot had 1 dominate round, an injury stopped that fight. He wasn't rolling on the ground crying for the ref to stop the fight like some douche bag with $2 hair cut and a dick on his chest.
I'm not even a Fedor "fan", but I respect the hell out of him. He is still at top p4p talent.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

josh200612 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
hendo will knock him out nuff said.

SHUTCHOMOUF!

STFUCF!

I dont even want to ask what that means....
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Jamal wrote:

They were both bigger than Fedor and the Werdum fight doesnt count in my mind. That was just a mistake. Bigfoot on the other hand beat his ass, but he weighed 50 lbs more. If Bigfoot weighed 40 lbs lighter, Fedor would've slaughtered him. Fedor is still a top p4p guy. He would be the favortie to win a cruiserweight tournament for a title in any organization.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm

josh200612 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

SHUTCHOMOUF!

STFUCF!

It means shut the fuck up card fucker
you're a cock sucking, ass licking card fucker
you're a card fucker, yes it's true
NOBODY fucks cards quite like you

so shut your fucking face card fucker!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

SHUTCHOMOUF!

STFUCF!

It means shut the fuck up card fucker
you're a cock sucking, ass licking card fucker
you're a card fucker, yes it's true
NOBODY fucks cards quite like you

so shut your fucking face card fucker!

OMG! OU hit it right on the head hahaha!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:55 pm

WINNING!
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 pm

josh200612 wrote:

I knew we had something in common. That would be fucking epic.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Freak has never really understood P4P, did a whole bunch of fighters all of a sudden become more skilled then Fedor? The answer is obvious and his losses, well one, was due to a size disadvantage, the other sloppyness. But for all the reasons Brock could never be top 10 P4P, the opposite applies for Fedor who will almost always be top 10 P4P.

Oh Anderson vs GSP, Shogun, Bones > Hendo vs Fedor but stll a great fight

If Fedor made this move in the UFC it could have been trouble, for all the disadvantages he had at HW, he also had inherent advantages being smaller. Guys will be more well-rded and quicker at LHW.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:35 am

LA wrote:
Freak has never really understood P4P, did a whole bunch of fighters all of a sudden become more skilled then Fedor? The answer is obvious and his losses, well one, was due to a size disadvantage, the other sloppyness. But for all the reasons Brock could never be top 10 P4P, the opposite applies for Fedor who will almost always be top 10 P4P.

Oh Anderson vs GSP, Shogun, Bones > Hendo vs Fedor but stll a great fight

If Fedor made this move in the UFC it could have been trouble, for all the disadvantages he had at HW, he also had inherent advantages being smaller. Guys will be more well-rded and quicker at LHW.

Maybe, but he could possibly put on some epic battles. Tell me you wouldn't kill 6 infants to watch Fedor vs Shogun. I know I would.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 am

I have pointed out for years that Fedor was walking through nobodeis and everyone wanted to call me a hater. Now that he has lost twice in a row, you guys are still making fucking excuses? Fuck you all. Werdum had him tapping in under 2 minutes. "He made a mistake". Silva beat his ass "It was a loss by injury, it doesn't count". What he used to be and was at one point is gone and that train is not going to return.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 am

I have pointed out for years that Fedor was walking through nobodeis and everyone wanted to call me a hater. Now that he has lost twice in a row, you guys are still making fucking excuses? Fuck you all. Werdum had him tapping in under 2 minutes. "He made a mistake". Silva beat his ass "It was a loss by injury, it doesn't count". What he used to be and was at one point is gone and that train is not going to return.

LOL you are just too much sometimes. Who said the loss to Bigfoot didn't count? I'm just pointing out that it was a very close 1st round that many thought Fedor won. He got beat up good in round 2 and the fight was stopped due to injury. I just pointed out that isn't that same as rolling on the ground verbally tapping out cause you just can't take it anymore. Who knows what would have happened in round 3 if Fedor would have been able to continue.
Anyone that actually watched both of his losses knows that Fedor rushed in and made a mistake vs an elite grappler that made him pay for it. It's not like he tapped out to a leglock that any elementary student could pull off.
If you don't think Fedor has a chance to beat anyone in the world still to this day, you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

OU wrote:

LOL you are just too much sometimes. Who said the loss to Bigfoot didn't count? I'm just pointing out that it was a very close 1st round that many thought Fedor won. He got beat up good in round 2 and the fight was stopped due to injury. I just pointed out that isn't that same as rolling on the ground verbally tapping out cause you just can't take it anymore. Who knows what would have happened in round 3 if Fedor would have been able to continue.
Anyone that actually watched both of his losses knows that Fedor rushed in and made a mistake vs an elite grappler that made him pay for it. It's not like he tapped out to a leglock that any elementary student could pull off.
If you don't think Fedor has a chance to beat anyone in the world still to this day, you're wrong.

The answer to your first question would be all those that said his loss to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka didn't really count and you cannot tell me we haven't heard that BS a hundred times. Look, if you have any interest you can look at my history of picks and I have never once picked against the guy and up until his loss to Werdum, I always ranked him #1. But I have consistently been pointing out his lack of quality opposition since he last fought CC. I think history will vindicate my thought process, instead of being some fanboy who can't see past their desires vs reality. EXAMPLE: I am rooting for Randy against Machida, but I am not picking him to win. Desire vs. reality.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah I get that. Often times I pick fighters to win that I have no interest in seeing them win. But I think time will eventually show that Werdum and Bigfoot are very worthy opponents and losses at that time to those fighters won't be anything to be ashamed of. Time will tell. But no rational human being should say that Kohsaka loss was legit. Under normal rules that would have been declared a win for Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson    Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2