Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate MLB thread

Go down 
+11
cascade_run
NoRegret
WinstonSmith
LA
franklinfan2
josh200612
killerofchicken
OU
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

This years playoffs blows both of my teams didn't make it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:00 pm

BOTH of your teams?

get the fuck out
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
BOTH of your teams?

get the fuck out

My dad is a Yankees/Reds fan so I had to get him on something cause we root for the same teams so I picked up on the Red Sox when I was a kid so I'm a Red Sox/Reds fan.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 pm

You're supposed to grow out of the "root for the rival team of your dads favorite team" phase at 8 years old at the latest and just pick a side.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You're supposed to grow out of the "root for the rival team of your dads favorite team" phase at 8 years old at the latest and just pick a side.

LOL I've already invested too much into them with hats and shirts etc. I can't give it up now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Lincecum started last years postseason with a 14K shutout gem.

Verlander starts this years postseason with a 9.00 ERA..which closely resembles his 2006 world series ERA

Pitched 1 inning and didnt give up a hit. If Cabrera or Inge dont mishandle the ball there is a double play or Jeter is out at home. To bad he wasnt pitching against the National league like your boy or he would have had 30 wins this year.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Well this rain really hurts us by only having verlander for 1 game in the series but i like our pitching staff as a whole over the yanks so we will still beat them!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:04 pm

timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Verlander starts this years postseason with a 9.00 ERA..which closely resembles his 2006 world series ERA

Pitched 1 inning and didnt give up a hit. If Cabrera or Inge dont mishandle the ball there is a double play or Jeter is out at home. To bad he wasnt pitching against the National league like your boy or he would have had 30 wins this year.

Once again Tim, you're an idiot. Offenses may be better in the AL but thats only because A) managers are bailed out of ever having to make decisions because of the DH and B) The pitching is all dealt away for hitting....the best pitching is in the NL. Verlander would have less wins in the NL because his run support would be down because his opposing pitchers would be better. Only clowns like you think wins mean anything when evaluating a pitcher.

If Verlander pitched for the Giants he would have a low win total like Lincecum. In the AL, a guy like John Lackey can have a 6.10 ERA and go 12-12 while Lincecum has a 2.60 ERA and gets a losing record.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:09 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Once again Tim, you're an idiot. Offenses may be better in the AL but thats only because the best pitching is in the NL. Verlander would have less wins in the NL because his run support would be down. Only clowns like you think wins mean anything when evaluating a pitcher.

If Verlander pitched for the Giants he would have had a losing record like Lincecum. In the AL, a guy like John Lackey can have a 6.10 ERA and go 12-12 while Lincecum has a 2.60 ERA and gets a losing record.

Thank u! Name calling is awesome for guys like u on a message board i guess.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Lincecum is very good but to really test himself he needs to come to the American league where there are no pitchers pretending to try and hit. Face a real lineup.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Oh im sorry, i hurt your feelings. I wish i didnt because then you would have adressed the topic with your at best casual knowledge of baseball rather than try to make me feel bad for calling you an idiot.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:15 pm

timthebim wrote:
Lincecum is very good but to really test himself he needs to come to the American league where there are no pitchers pretending to try and hit. Face a real lineup.

Once again, fuckin idiot.

Saying Lincecum is untested? you're a miracle.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Oh im sorry, i hurt your feelings. I wish i didnt because then you would have adressed the topic with your at best casual knowledge of baseball rather than try to make me feel bad for calling you an idiot.

Dude u dont make me feel bad as a matter of fact I like talking to u. Look forward to it to be honest. Verlander pitches in the better league where pitchers dont hit so no easy outs. Lincecum is very good but Verlander is blowing past every1 now. His stuff is dominate his and he may end up being the MVP not just a CY Young winner. U got me on the arguement that Lincecum has a ring but Verlander has a chance to do it this season and we know Lincecum dont have a chance 4 his 2nd.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:20 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Once again, fuckin idiot.

Saying Lincecum is untested? you're a miracle.

Not untested just not tested day in and day out.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Brewers are taking care of the D-Backs today. Its now 4-0.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Prince fielder is a great hitter. That HR was deep!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Questionable move pitching to Prince in that spot though.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:18 am

Rough night in game 1 for my boys No
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:56 am

Big game today for my boys. I think we can and will beat the yankees but if we go down 0-2 we are in major trouble.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Damn the Tigers held on!!!! I was having a heart attack in my living room when Cano came up with 2 on and only a 2 run disadvantage. Looks like we did what we needed to do and got the split in New York. Im glad we are leaving there because it rains constantly.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Now tomorrow in game 3 we have JV vs CC in a huge game that could decide who wins the series.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Sabathia got squeezed hard early by the umps.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Sabathia got squeezed hard early by the umps.

Agreed. This ump has a very small strike zone and i think it frustrated CC. Verlander has really settled in now but still every time the heart of this yankee order comes up im scared to death if they have men on.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

I would love to add a couple more runs to feel really confident.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Cool we got CC out of the game now and probably out of the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate MLB thread   Ultimate MLB thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate MLB thread
Page 20 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next