Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva

Go down 
+5
timthebim
KingsOwn19
redvexx8
OU
killerofchicken
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:59 pm

OU wrote:
I really could give a shit less who would win that fight, I don't view it as "the mecca of mma". I think it is a pointless fight that doesn't mean much to me. Like I said plenty of other fights I'd rather see.

Nothing about this makes any sense. The two best fighters in the world are who you don't want to see fight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:04 pm

But I bet Diaz would be a top 5 MW right?

Bro Sheilds was a top 5 MW, GSP could def get in there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
I really could give a shit less who would win that fight, I don't view it as "the mecca of mma". I think it is a pointless fight that doesn't mean much to me. Like I said plenty of other fights I'd rather see.

Nothing about this makes any sense. The two best fighters in the world are who you don't want to see fight?

I also don't care to see Jose Aldo fight Gray Maynard. I must be stopped! Seriously, I think people are a little crazy when it comes to this subject.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm defiantly crazy about the idea of seeing the best fighters in the world compete against each other.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm defiantly crazy about the idea of seeing the best fighters in the world compete against each other.

It would be better if they fought at the same weight class. I don't care if the #1 WW can beat the #1 MW, it just doesn't matter to me. GSP might be able to hold Anderson down for long enough to win, I seriously doubt it, but he still wouldn't be the 2nd or even 3rd best MW in the world. He wouldn't be able to keep that belt, he wouldn't beat alot of those guys IMO. No interest in seeing him make the jump.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:18 pm

for this discussion

Best of the best > weight classes

Get primal.

Weight classes are like dudes in skinny jeans. Wrong and constricting.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
for this discussion

Best of the best > weight classes

Get primal.

Weight classes are like dudes in skinny jeans. Wrong and constricting.

So then does the winner fight Shogun-Jones winner? Then does that winner fight Cain-JDS-Brock whoever the hell the champ is? I know the LHW champion can fight the HW champion and then the WW and MW champion can fight, the winner fight and we have the real champion? Sound good?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 pm

You've left the context of the discussion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You've left the context of the discussion.

I like the idea of the #1 WW vs the #2 WW more then the idea of the #1 MW vs the #1 WW, just my preference. I'm not a fan of weight class jumping unless your in a smaller organization where there are less fighters to challenge.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm

No interest in ever seeing GSP compete at a weight that isn't his ideal weight. If he naturally progressed into a MW, so be it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:53 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/9/1983908/georges-st-pierre-the-anderson-silva-superfight-has-become-a
GSP:
Quote :
"Everybody is talking about a superfight but I don't know if it would
be at 170 or what, I know Silva did 168 a few years ago. I think he can
do it again. I didn't follow what he said but for me this thing is a
distraction from my fight. My immediate goal is to win against Jake
Shields. I made a mistake in the past by looking past an opponent and I
got beat by Matt Serra and I'm never gonna do that again. Right now Jake
Shields is my main problem and it would be foolish for me to look past
Jake Shields. I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe I will have
another fight. It's too complicated to say and we'll need to wait until
after Jake Shields to talk about it.
"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 am

great news, I don't Silva vs GSP is a done deal if he wins.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am

timthebim wrote:
Nope u arent wrong at all. Eventually Silva will probably move up full time to better fights to me against people besides GSP.

Eventually? Silva is already 36 years old.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Jamal wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Nope u arent wrong at all. Eventually Silva will probably move up full time to better fights to me against people besides GSP.

I give Silva 2 maybe 3 fights before he calls it quits
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:13 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Jamal wrote:
timthebim wrote:

U will fight as long as he is winning. How many guys really retire while they are on top?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm

timthebim wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Jamal wrote:
timthebim wrote:

U will fight as long as he is winning. How many guys really retire while they are on top?
he just doesn't look like he wants to hang around anymore, idk i could be way off on this but its just a feeling i have
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 pm

U maybe right I really dont know either but u dont see many guys quit while they are on top.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Anderson still wants to try out some boxing before he is too old.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

OU wrote:
Anderson still wants to try out some boxing before he is too old.
thats one of the main reasons i think he calls it quits in mma
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Anderson is the better fighter period!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 pm

OU wrote:

not sure how many people are interested in what Freddie has to say but I posted it anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 1058
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:59 pm

OU wrote:
If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 1058

I bet after that Kick to belforts face all those girls gave him head!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva   If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If GSP wins, dana is making GSP vs Silva
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2