Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg Empty
PostStrikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg StrikeforceDiazCyborgLawlerJacareJan29Poster

Nick Diaz vs. Evangelista Santos

Ludo: Not the most compelling matchup we've seen for Diaz but this definitely represents a dangerous fight for Nick should he take 'Cyborg' lightly. This fight should take place almost exclusively standing unless Nick Diaz decides to bring it to the ground where he will without question have an advantage. I suppose it is possible for Cyborg to get things to the ground if he were to knock Diaz down similarly to the way Marius Zaromskis did, however I don't know if Evangelista will be at all eager to even follow Nick to the ground. Due to the great disparity in stamina between the two the longer this fight goes the worse off Cyborg will be. My main concern about Nick in this fight is that with his style of striking he tends to get hit more often than he rightfully should. This could pose a major problem if Evangelista is able to land a few clean shots at any time in the fight. However Diaz has shown a very solid chin in the past that, coupled with the frenetic pace he puts on, may prove to be too much for the Cyborg. I see this fight turning out to be just another day at the office for Nick Diaz. He will likely push the pace standing and tire Evangelista out before taking him down and locking in whatever submission hold he wants.

Prediction: Nick Diaz by Submission

GDPofDRC: These guys are gonna bang early. Cyborg isn't gonna be KO'd though, Diaz, maybe. Santos will however gas, Diaz, no. That's when I see Diaz finishing this. He'll either lump Santos up after he gasses or cut him down and sub him. As long as Diaz doesn't give Santos his face, he should have this.

Prediction: Diaz - TKO R2 3:44

Bobbitt15: There's no question this fight is ending by TKO, its just a matter of who will be doing the finishing. Diaz should certainly have the cardio edge that would come into play if this fight went into deeper waters (and by deeper waters, I mean the 2nd half of the 2nd round). The grappling should be a wash. Both are BJJ blackbelts and while Diaz may have the better offensive jitz-game, he doesn't have the wrestling to get Cyborg down and and Santos should be able to defend himself on the ground regardless. Its not like the King of Stockton has ever shown much of a willingness to take things to the ground though, which should leave us with a stand-up war. This is only Cyborg's 2nd fight at WW which could prove to be the class he should've been in all along. Diaz has the technique to match the raw power of Santos but I've foreseen an upset coming in this one since the fight was announced. We're going to see 2 determined savages in the cage, and I think Nick gets stopped and has the winning streak come to a halt in a fantastic action fight.

Prediction: Cyborg via TKO Round 2

Ronaldo Souza vs. Robbie Lawler

Ludo: This fight has left a few fans scratching their heads at this fight being made when a much more compelling matchup in Jason 'Mayhem' Miller is seemingly available for Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza. Never the less this could prove to be a very difficult fight for the brazilian. Robbie Lawler is a seasoned veteran and yet still young enough to retain his athleticism so far. His southpaw striking may present problems for a fighter relatively new to confidence in his upright game. As far as wrestling goes I would put these two at close to even, with Souza holding a slight edge in the regard that he uses his for something other than sprawling. Overall grappling and submissions is a clear cut advantage for Jacare. Striking is an advantage for Lawler both in technical ability and power. Be that as it may however I can see Souza hanging around for five rounds and winning a decision. Should this fight find it's way to the ground it's bad news for Robbie no matter how you slice it.

Prediction: Ronaldo Souza by Submission

GDPofDRC: In some ways I think this will be like the Diaz/Cyborg fight. If Jacare avoids getting KO'd early, he will likely win. It's not a very big if, Jacare getting KO'd early, we have all seen what Lawler is capable of, his hands are a hazard. I think Jacare will outpoint Lawler though, espescially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Prediction: Jacare UD 29-28 x 3

Bobbitt15: A nice little striker-grappler matchup but I've never been that high on Lawler while I think Jacare is on his way to becoming a top flight MW. Robbie has the power to end it with 1 shot obviously, but the overall athleticism and grappling of Souza will be the story of the night. His hands have looked better with every fight but he will end this one in the way he is more accustomed to.

Prediction: Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza via submission Round 3

Roger Gracie vs. Trevor Prangley

Ludo: The classic battle between America wrestling and Brazilian jiu jitsu. Trevor Prangley is a well traveled journeyman in Strikeforce, who is hot off his decision victory over Keith Jardine. Roger Gracie while relatively new to mixed martial arts is well known in the grappling world. Even now at his age is called by some the best jiu jitsu practitioner in the world today. While looking a bit uncomfortable on his feet the fact that he is six foot four inches tall and knows how to use his length helps aid the transition. Although with all that said Prangley presents a tough fight potentially for Gracie. His wrestling could prove a problem for Gracie in getting this fight to the ground where he will have a significant advantage, however even once there Prangley can be a handful to hold down. Overall if Gracie can get this fight to the ground he should have few problems handling business.

Prediction: Roger Gracie by Submission

GDPofDRC: Great BJJ competitors often do great in MMA, but that is no certainty. Gracie takes a big step up in competition here. This is not Prangley's first rodeo. I expect this one to go the distance with Prangley dictating the action. Gracie is gonna get punched, stuffed, and broken.

Prediction: Prangley UD 30-27

Bobbitt15: This is a very interesting stylistic matchup that should give us an idea of what Roger Gracie has to offer the MMA world. It sounds like he's been doing the right thing in terms of training and partners but I think he may be biting off more than he can chew here. Prangley has been around the block one too many times to lose to what is still a one-dimensional fighter. I think we may have to sit through a pretty ugly kickboxing affair as Prangley prevents Gracie from taking him down, but it should be close on the scorecards

Prangley via SD

Nathan Coy vs. Nate Moore

Ludo: Nathan Coy put himself on the map so to speak last year when he took Tyron Woodley to the brink and gave him all he could handle in the wrestling department. Though coming out of Team Quest thats hardly a huge surprise. The Portland native looks to get back on the winning track against Nate Moore who also looks to get back on the winning path. Moore has begun his ascent into Strikeforce's Challenger series yet suffered just his second loss to Tarec Saffiedine. While primarily a pure grappler, Moore has found himself adept with ground and pound having won four of his six fights with it. However I wouldn't expect an over abundance of that in this fight. Unfortunately for Moore I think Coy is going to prevail as the better wrestler and find himself able to avoid the ground when he doesn't want to be there. His sweep and reversal game is also very successful as shown in his fight with Woodley.

Prediction: Nathan Coy by Decision

GDPofDRC: Herschel Walker is old. But in great shape. What does it mean? I don't know. His last fight was odd. Nagy was and is a can. Scott Carson wasn't a can, at least before he retired (I think I saw him fight around the turn of the century, idk). So anyways, there is so much to analyze for this fight. Abe Lincoln's head says Carson.

Prediction: Carson R2 RNC 1:09

Post your predictions below, or Here!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg :: Comments

No Comment.

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg

Page 1 of 1