Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frankie Edgar interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Frankie Edgar interview Empty
PostSubject: Frankie Edgar interview   Frankie Edgar interview EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/20/1945474/ufc-lightweight-champion-frankie-edgar-featherweights-strikeforce-and

one of my fav parts:
Jonathan Snowden: Your career kind of stands apart from the MMA norm. Most fighters, kind of like in wrestling, try to get as big as they can and then cut a lot of weight before the fight. You've always fought pretty close to your natural weight. Does that give you an energy advantage going into the championship rounds with these other guys who have drained their bodies so thoroughly?

Frankie Edgar: I do. It definitely has its advantages, one that I'm not depleted the whole week of the fight. I'm pretty much fighting at the weight I walk around at. I'm pretty comfortable and so far my size and energy have been more than enough. You are at a disadvantage though. You're probably giving up 15-20 pounds the night of the fight.

Jonathan Snowden: There was so much talk of you dropping to 145. Do you think this puts that talk to rest, or with the division now in the UFC is it possible we'll see you at featherweight at some point in your career?

Frankie Edgar: I'm the 155 pound champion and that's where I want to stay. That being said, I could make 145 so it's kind of like a trump card I'm keeping in my back pocket. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down

Frankie Edgar interview
Page 1 of 1