Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dear Gina and Rampage...

Go down 
+9
Bigs03
SOKO
captain organic
chorky777
discovery99
KingsOwn19
oggy420
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

I don't know why we're even having a discussion about Le's talents other than his unknown ground game when it's obvious he is a tremendous fighter and that is clearly obvious just from watching existing footage on him.

For me, it's not who they fight as much as how they fight. If you know how to judge a fighters ability than you should be in agreement that he upper level elite striking talent. The angles, ability to anticipate, get off before your opponent are all great. Almost Machida like.

He is older, and I think after a life of fighting lacks maybe the heart to advance in MMA too far, but if he were early 30s and seriously training his ground game he could be a truly special fighter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Farmer, I bet you'd like him if an Iowa boi fought like he did. I like Cung Le a lot. So should you if you really like fighting dude. Le demonstrates the potential to develop MMA striking prowess of the high level strikers in the UFC, especially Machida. If Le hasn't slowed significantly or totally neglected working his ground game, he would be a threat to many middle weights and imo even become elite.

I love his fights, watching him is especially entertaining. I wonder if he'd ever take a fight with Melvin Manhoef. That would be a dream fight for me . Their striking styles could lead to an epic clash.

He has been in five movies since his last fight. Is A-team really that much bigger than Tekken? I think he the situations are comparable...

WTF does that even mean? I think I've met a grand total of 2 people in my entire life from the state of Iowa.

Just because you like someone, everyone else should too?

This is some of the dumbest shit you've ever said.

Manhoef would smash Le. Le has fought a bunch of nobodies his entire career plus and washed up Shamrock.

Yes the A-Team is much much bigger than Takken.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Manhoef would smash Le? Le is undefeated in all his years of kickboxing and San Shou where as Melvin has many losses. I don't think I can say that. Melvin leaves himself open with his aggressive style that a sharp counter fighter like Le would really capitalize on imo. There are reasons he was compared to Machida years ago before he ran off to holywood to play typecast asian characters in crappy action flicks.

Frank didn't look washed up to me in any of his fights other than the Diaz one where he had a broken rib. I feel his skill level is much higher than the level of his MMA opponents suggests.

Also farmer, stop being a whiner bro seriously, I wasn't even being serious with that comment.

"u like Iowa boiz"

"HEY FUCK U I ONLY LIKE TWO PPL FROM IROWA EVER THATS THE DUMBEST FUCKIN SHIT U EVER SAID FUCKING LOSER"

"woah really? what's wrong with this fruitcake? take a xannax faggot..."
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Wolf I cannot even read half the shit you type, but the few things I can make out sound dumb. I feel like you post just post when you really have nothing to say. You should probably work on this.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:45 pm

I also think Shamrock's demise has been marked a bit premature, the knocks on his striking game are unwarranted as well. I don't know about the rib, but I do know the Shamrock Baroni fight was also a standup classic(although onesided in favor of Ken), and imo effectively ended Baroni. Did shamrock's age kick in between then and Le? Being as how he hung well with an accomplished stiker, I highly doubt it.

As far as the Diaz fight, I attributed it to the reach of Nick that gave Frank the problems, and perhaps age as well, but if he had a bum rib then maybe we should wait a fight before declaring him done.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:56 pm

He had at least one broken rib. Look how he shrinks away from all those body shots, is slow and can't get off at all. He wasn't himself at all.

Farmer normally you're able to carry on a civil discussion without throwing such tantrums, what has happened to you today? Bad day my man?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm

captain organic wrote:
I also think Shamrock's demise has been marked a bit premature, the knocks on his striking game are unwarranted as well. I don't know about the rib, but I do know the Shamrock Baroni fight was also a standup classic(although onesided in favor of Ken), and imo effectively ended Baroni. Did shamrock's age kick in between then and Le? Being as how he hung well with an accomplished stiker, I highly doubt it.

As far as the Diaz fight, I attributed it to the reach of Nick that gave Frank the problems, and perhaps age as well, but if he had a bum rib then maybe we should wait a fight before declaring him done.

The only thing that made the Baroni/Shamrock fight a classic was Shammy's nappy time taunt, other than that Baroni got schooled.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

The only thing that made the Baroni/Shamrock fight a classic was Shammy's nappy time taunt, other than that Baroni got schooled.

Maybe classic was a stretch, but Baroni showed an unbelievable level of toughness in that fight, right down to the point where he went lights out instead of taping. Maybe not a classic, but certainly noteworthy, and in this Shamrock discussion an impressive win. Baroni was ruined that night.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 pm

That fight was a classic dismantling of a fight. One of the more memorable ones of 07 for sure.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:12 am

Ah, free country. Do what ya feel. I can't get mad at Rampage. Gina either for that matter =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Gina and Rampage...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2