Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP Gina's face.

Go down 
+6
Cu Bu
bobbitt15
MikeyLikesIt
CainVelasquezFan
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm

I used to hate her when it was clear she was being protected by EliteXC, but her last fight made me a fan. Watching her career made me respect her as it became clear she is a talented fighter.

But there is no way she wins tonight. She'll have to be super elusive and try and play the game Machida, Anderson, Fedor, BJ Penn and GSP play. She can't wade into exchanges and has to use her opponents aggression against her.

Sadly, I believe she may end up like Jens Pulver after this night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:47 pm

again, you need to look at the competition each has faced. If anything Gina's is tougher. I can why Cyborg is the favorite here, but I don't see why people think this is such a mismatch.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Wolffy i watched MMA Live and Kim Couture said Carano has been training with Randy Couture and that he will corner her and then in talking about gameplans she said that Gina could take Cyborg down, from wat i've read everyone says Cyborg has the better ground game u think it would be wise of carano tot ake this fight tot he groun?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:05 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
Wolffy i watched MMA Live and Kim Couture said Carano has been training with Randy Couture and that he will corner her and then in talking about gameplans she said that Gina could take Cyborg down, from wat i've read everyone says Cyborg has the better ground game u think it would be wise of carano tot ake this fight tot he groun?

Maybe the idea is to take her down early so as to avoid(as opposed to just weathering) the early onslaught.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
CainVelasquezFan wrote:

Maybe the idea is to take her down early so as to avoid(as opposed to just weathering) the early onslaught.

that's what im guessing it is but taking cyborg to the ground doesnt mean she's safe either...I really hope Gina wins but idk how shes gonna do it
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 pm

but by training with Randy she is training with a guy who knows how to wrestle bigger guys, and Randy is also a guy who is noted as perhaps the best in the sport for his gameplanning.

She has to be smart, and she'll have to show toughness for sure.

Well see how big a weapon her front kicks are.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Couture cornered fighters can still lose. Couture's camp came up with Forrest's game plan too.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Couture cornered fighters can still lose. Couture's camp came up with Forrest's game plan too.

im not saying because couture is cornering her that shes going to win its just im surious about the supposed gameplan to take cyborg down...

and im sure randy came up with forrests game plan but i doubt forrest followed it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 am

Gina's cardio was weak, or maybe she was rocked the whole time. Gina fought bravely, but she took a beating.

Gina's face, may it rest in pieces.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:17 am

What did you expect though? She was basically fighting a dude.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 am

How many days until we find out Cyborg tested positive for testosterone after the fight?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 am

She had to pass the test before hand.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 am

she tucked for the weigh ins
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:50 am

Supposedly there is a rumor Gina had multiple teeth knocked out during the fight.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 am

That would be terrible
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 am

Gina's having plastic surgery to repair damage immediately.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 am

i dont know what it is but i didn't even enjoy watching that. Cyborg should be fighting pitbulls or something not other women.
Back to top Go down

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:47 am

Was it that bad eh ? poor Gina Sad
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:58 am

Gine looked beat before the fight even started. I also agree it looked like she was out of gas 2 minutes into the fight.

Did not even look like Cyborgs hardest test. I wouldn't say she had a walk in the park but was not her hardest fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:26 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Gina's cardio was weak, or maybe she was rocked the whole time. Gina fought bravely, but she took a beating.

Gina's face, may it rest in pieces.

All about the cardio. She was matching well otherwise. She looked REAL tired(and Cyborg looked a little tired too) with 2 mins to go in the 1st.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 am

JerseyStyle wrote:
Gine looked beat before the fight even started. I also agree it looked like she was out of gas 2 minutes into the fight.

Did not even look like Cyborgs hardest test. I wouldn't say she had a walk in the park but was not her hardest fight.

Disagree with first half of the bold, Gina looked ready, and she actually had her moments in that round, but I totally agree with the 2 part of the bold. She was gassed.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:19 pm

NO NOT HER SMILE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am

Someone needs to make GIF of Gina exactly like Dr. Coupon's except when she smiles, she has 3 teeth missing.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am

Is that gif Brock Larson and Rory Marcum or whatever? That's who it looks like. When did they fight?
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 am

Dennis Siver back kicks Nate Mohr UFC 93.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Gina's face. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gina's face.   RIP Gina's face. Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Gina's face.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next